AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-10, 02:22   Link #1
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Mokushiroku Alice [Light Novel]

Original title: 黙示録アリス
Author: Kagami Takaya (鏡貴也)
Illustrator: Katou Yuuki (加藤勇樹)
Publisher: Fujimi Shobo

Summary: We will kill the girl and save the world - - - - Time limit is 6 hours

-------- Well then everyone, let's save the world by killing the girl!
The world had been broken, by the worst disease, the {Labyrinth Plague} which would only affect girls. That is why students took classes, the classes to kill the girl. They acquire magic, fathom the map of labyrinth, form teams, and learn the weakness of girl....... the time limit was 6 hours, if they fail to kill the girl by that time,
The world will be destroyed ----- but,
"Please pardon me, I have no interest in this world thingy, to be frank its stifling"
The sprint of magic & adolescence with the worst protagonist ever possible that declared such,
The labyrinth breakthrough academy fantasy raises it's curtain here!

The Light Novel started its serialization in Fujimi-Shobo's Fantasia bunko on 20th of November 2013.

PV:

Edit: Do not post any spoilers until the end of this month (December 2013).

Last edited by Ougon; 2014-08-23 at 01:48.
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 05:27   Link #2
dragon1412

j only have 1 word after reading the summary : What ??
Kagami, seriously ??? he always go for novel like this.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 05:36   Link #3
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
j only have 1 word after reading the summary : What ??
Kagami, seriously ??? he always go for novel like this.
Yeah, it sure was like a story Kagami would come up with.
If you like his style, then you would love it. I enjoyed volume 1. Kagami sure does know how to create a non-ordinary protagonist.
(Where is Larethian when you need him....? You need him for any Kagami related thread)
Old 2013-12-10, 06:05   Link #4
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

So uh..just to be sure in this world there's a disease that only affects girls & people take classes to learn magic and things to kill the diseased in under 6 hrs or the world will be destroyed? Or is there only 1 girl? Is 6 hours even enough time to learn magic?
Old 2013-12-10, 07:52   Link #5
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
So uh..just to be sure in this world there's a disease that only affects girls & people take classes to learn magic and things to kill the diseased in under 6 hrs or the world will be destroyed? Or is there only 1 girl? Is 6 hours even enough time to learn magic?
No, not to kill the diseased, but the one who is the cause of that disease.

PS: I really want to spoil, but out of respect for a "certain cult leader" I will refrain from such actions.
Old 2013-12-10, 08:14   Link #6
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
No, not to kill the diseased, but the one who is the cause of that disease.

PS: I really want to spoil, but out of respect for a "certain cult leader" I will refrain from such actions.
Ok ok, that makes alot more sense I guess but..in 6 hours? Seriously? Is this a 1 volume story?
Old 2013-12-10, 08:28   Link #7
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Kagami doing a single volume story is just as believable as American government NOT stalking its people.

Another volume's on the way.

PS: I think, I wrote something similar yesterday... Deja vu?
Old 2013-12-10, 11:05   Link #8
JoksPacifist

I'm confused. The "Labirinth" is a illness or a physical place ?
Old 2013-12-10, 18:56   Link #9
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

PV added.

{Labyrinth Plague} is the name of illness, and labyrinth (as in the map of labyrinth) is just a synonym for maze.

Their mission is to basically conquer the maze (RPG style), and kill the last boss.

But they have time limit of 6 hours to accomplish it, or else.....
Old 2013-12-10, 23:59   Link #10
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

This, this is the best new title that I read this year, and it's very easy to read. Quickly rise up to the number two in my list!
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 01:02   Link #11
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Well, Larethian have uploaded the complete translated version of Mokushiroku Arisu vol1 on B-T.
Since I like the other 2 LN of Kagami. I might as well read this as well.

Thank Larethian.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 02:28   Link #12
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Seriously, Kagami, please get back to your other works instead of starting another one already. Including this one, you now have four unfinished works in total.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 03:03   Link #13
bludvein

I enjoyed it, but its nowhere near my fav. The premise is more than a little out there. A labyrinth disease, really? Why not just call it a curse and be done with it?

Also seems like the author went out of his way to exaggerate the MCs asshole tendencies(presumably because "it's cool"), while simultaneously making him seemingly the only one actually interested in curing the infected. So his tsundere-ness just comes off as fake.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 03:09   Link #14
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Artist works on Blazeblue stuff.

MC has a accelerator feel .

Its like a dungeon crawler, but instead of a demon lord the final boss is little girl... Her minions are cute little toys that just want to hug you to death. And if you don't kill the little girl before the time limit millions of people will die.

So in the series they wear ear phones. The ear phones are their weapons, this has a strong persona vibe right here. Lefties are rational-minded and righties are emotional-minded which seems to dictate a person's temperament.

So far the MC has used offensive and speed skills.

The cover girl, or Gunjou is a defensive type.

Shiro the other guy in the promo video is a Offense type.

The final girl Kiri is also a offense type.

Off the bat the MC has three love interests, Kiri, Gunjou and his cousin .

Will we get a Ferris clone?

And thanks to the mighty Larethian
Old 2014-03-16, 03:11   Link #15
bludvein

The cousin is clearly a villain of some sort, not a love interest. She even works for the incredibly shady pharmaceutical company.

Kiri is the best of the remaining 2, but her motives are sort of in doubt. Gunjou is the annoying typical tsundere, but at least she is unlikely to be some sort of spy.
Old 2014-03-16, 03:23   Link #16
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Seriously, Kagami, please get back to your other works instead of starting another one already. Including this one, you now have four unfinished works in total.
Not really. Itsuten's already finished. Denyuuden is almost done. Many have suspected that it's a strategy by Fujimi to let readers transit to the new work. Authors have lost readers when there is a blank period in between series. As for Seraph, it's by a different publisher altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I enjoyed it, but its nowhere near my fav. The premise is more than a little out there. A labyrinth disease, really? Why not just call it a curse and be done with it?

Also seems like the author went out of his way to exaggerate the MCs asshole tendencies(presumably because "it's cool"), while simultaneously making him seemingly the only one actually interested in curing the infected. So his tsundere-ness just comes off as fake.
What's wrong with calling it a disease? It's contagious, targeted, and removes ambiguity from the cursed songs.

That's called character development. The MC's background is still largely untouched. Remember that he has gone through shit in other countries as a raider. That's the reason why he is acting like an asshole. He wants to remain unattached to people. Being an asshole helps him. And he believes it's the way to survive and achieve his goal. One of the key themes in this series, if you haven't yet managed to catch it, is hypocrisy. And the entire world is a gigantic hypocrite. At least that's how the protag is seeing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Artist works on Blazeblue stuff.

MC has a accelerator feel .

Its like a dungeon crawler, but instead of a demon lord the final boss is little girl... Her minions are cute little toys that just want to hug you to death. And if you don't kill the little girl before the time limit millions of people will die.

So in the series they wear ear phones. The ear phones are their weapons, this has a strong persona vibe right here. Lefties are rational-minded and righties are emotional-minded which seems to dictate a person's temperament.

So far the MC has used offensive and speed skills.

The cover girl, or Gunjou is a defensive type.

Shiro the other guy in the promo video is a Offense type.

The final girl Kiri is also a offense type.

Off the bat the MC has three love interests, Kiri, Gunjou and his cousin .

Will we get a Ferris clone?

And thanks to the mighty Larethian
Cousin probably will die next volume. Synop of volume 2 says that the girl who caught the disease is in Kichijouji and a girl whom Shinnosuke knows well. It should not be any of the raiders as they may be too old. So yeah, Yayoi is prime suspect there. It will be unsurprising since she works at the lab and probably just made used of or there's an accident in experimentation.

On a side note, there are some problems with the writing here and there, though probably not glaring enough to a casual reader (but quite obvious to me who have scrutinize every line). I'd attribute it the schedule rush and Fujimi's lazy editors.

Another side note, manga adaptation has already started in comic gene. Will be scantalating it if things proceed smoothly.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 03:38   Link #17
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
What's wrong with calling it a disease? It's contagious, targeted, and removes ambiguity from the cursed songs.

That's called character development. The MC's background is still largely untouched. Remember that he has gone through shit in other countries as a raider. That's the reason why he is acting like an asshole. He wants to remain unattached to people. Being an asshole helps him. And he believes it's the way to survive and achieve his goal. One of the key themes in this series, if you haven't yet managed to catch it, is hypocrisy. And the entire world is a gigantic hypocrite. At least that's how the protag is seeing it.
Calling it a disease makes it sound biological or mental, and while it does affect those things its a little more magical in nature. Just a minor pet-peeve.

If he wanted to be unattached or unnoticed he is going about it in a completely idiotic way. All he had to do was ignore them after the blowoff and go under the radar. Instead he causes scenes purely for the sake of being an asshole.

Yes, I got the hypocrisy thing, not like it wasn't repeated like a dozen times in the volume. I just find it massively hard to believe nobody else is looking for a cure. Although, to be fair there might be and they might just not be introduced yet. It just seems like a method to make the MC seem morally superior for being the only one to care about this "hypocrisy". I get that there is no other method atm, but none of the students seem to have any problem with killing the girl beyond their own fear of death.

EDIT: Just so you don't get the wrong idea, I did like the volume/story as a whole. I just tend to point out the parts I don't like first.
Old 2014-03-16, 06:53   Link #18
R.LocK
My turn

Man, I'm glad that I've been looping Icon for Hire's Make a Move. Made things much more enjoyable than it already was.

As always, Kagami's work is ridiculous in a good sense of the word and really good. Really liked that this time around the protagonist's a complete asshole with some amusing quirks in personality. Also, the use of headphones made me a bit more excited.
The girls are not annoying, which is a big plus, and not useless, so I'm good. One action-filled volume isn't nearly enough to say anything about them but I'll be hoping for some development. (One direct confession (failed), and two near misses. Damn, Kagami.)
Action was good, if lacking in detail (again, Kagami...), and there is some obvious foreshadowing... So, want more, I guess.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 07:03   Link #19
larethian

One of the comments from the native readers is that the monologue is much less compared to previous series. And I completely agreed. For fights, Denyuuden have some of the best fights, not in terms of action but in terms of the psychology and monologue. But chapter 4 was pretty exciting for me.

Another concern from some readers is that after such a volume 1, how can Kagami keep things up. But from the Afterword and the synopsis of v2 there shouldn't be a problem, I suppose.

I certainly hope that it has the scale of Denyuuden and the twists in Itsuten. Though I hope it doesn't take 6 volumes to reach there the way it did for Itsuten.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 08:58   Link #20
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Hey Larethian, since you are picking this serie up and have just recently uploaded vol 1, but is there a chance you would be picking up Owari no Seraph from the same author as well?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fujimi shobo