AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-25, 09:10   Link #81
PILMAN

Whats the difference with the manga and the novel?

I'm being told the manga was edited by Tokyopop to be a gameshow rather than stick to the original story? I'm curious as I want to pick up one or the other.

****EDIT Arrr I bumped a old thread sorry.
Old 2006-11-24, 14:33   Link #82
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I just finished reading the manga and boy was it an awesomе ride or what? I think this even beats 20 Century Boys and is now my favourite manga. Not only the story is brilliant but the art is realistical and beautiful, just how I like it. And the character development is just stellar, made me really feel for so many characters. I never get to cry because of books or movies but when certain Battle Royale characters died I really wanted to be able to cry for them...
I haven't watched the movie, nor do I intend to, I see no way to have even a quarter fo the depth of the manga. But I'd love to read the book some day and see how it differs fro mthe manga.

Spoiler for the whole manga, read at your own risk!:

Old 2006-11-24, 14:54   Link #83
martino
makes no files now

The manga was too graphic for me...

I'm still emotionally distressed from it.
Old 2006-11-24, 15:13   Link #84
Matrim

Well, it's very emotionally intense but I don't think this has much to do with how graphic it is - I am much more affected by a "peaceful" death of a character whom I care about than by an extremely gruesome death of some random grunt that I don't give a damn about. I usually don't like blood and gore but it just felt right to have much of this in such a brutal story.

Old 2006-11-25, 21:50   Link #85
be0wulf
it's friday

Send a message via MSN to be0wulf
Spoiler:

http://www.chunlikickedme.tumblr.com
Old 2006-11-27, 19:48   Link #86
dfens

Matrim bulletproof vests aren't that heavy kevlar is pretty light it's slighty heavier then say a heavy winter coat. Around 2 pounds or so. Of course it will weigh more if you have the trauma plate but those are composite now instead of solid steel plates like in the old days. I can understand if he was the Military level 4A model which is bulky and loaded with metal plates which makes it weigh a ton.

My biggest gripe/plot hole is why didn't Kiriyama take Shinji's Beretta 92 pistol? Everyone else he killed or everytime he came across something usefull he took it so that others couldn't have it especially a weapon.

But the idiot leaves it, Shun finds it and uses as his ace in the whole to put him down once and for all. That whole misjudgement was out of character for Kiriyama a major turning point for the ending of the story.
Old 2006-11-28, 15:03   Link #87
Matrim

Quote:
Matrim bulletproof vests aren't that heavy kevlar is pretty light it's slighty heavier then say a heavy winter coat. Around 2 pounds or so. Of course it will weigh more if you have the trauma plate but those are composite now instead of solid steel plates like in the old days. I can understand if he was the Military level 4A model which is bulky and loaded with metal plates which makes it weigh a ton.
Interesting. Well, I have watched some films or maybe read it somewhere, I am not sure, in which people refuse to wear bulletroof vest because they are supposed to be very heavy but I guess that's no longer the case or maybe the creators of these films/books had no clue.

Spoiler:

Old 2007-08-22, 03:46   Link #88
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Alright so im alittle late picking this one up...Just alittle.

I had heard about it for awhile and seen it in the stores..Kinda sticks out with the plastic wrap and the warning sticker ya know? Well even though its been out for awhile I should probably tag my thoughts dont wanna ruin it for anyone...

Spoiler for Battle Royale:

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-22, 04:57   Link #89
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

For me it was just a trip of overratedness and cheap melodrama. The gore was also so-so tbh.
Old 2008-09-06, 15:20   Link #90
Nani Kore

Battle Royale Manga

I can safely say that BR is my all time favourite series ever, and the manga adaptation was just amazing. I loved ever part of it. Has anyone here read any of BR?
Old 2009-03-30, 08:26   Link #91
KimmyChan

I actually managed to get up the courage and guts to finally sit and read this series all the way through as my boyfriend owns all 15 volumes of it, and despite being somewhat shocking and offensive in quite a few places, I found it a real eye-opener of a story and enjoyed it to an extent, although it is a series that I probably won't choose to pick up again out of choice in the future as it's just far too harrowing
Old 2009-04-18, 08:47   Link #92
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I saw the movie a few years back on a whim and never enjoyed it that much. From memory the CGI used for bullet impacts and blood was laughable.

Then over Easter I picked up the novel at a market for a couple of dollars after recognizing the logo. Well I read the novel in two days just flat stick it was so riveting.

Then I saw there was a manga too so I just binged reading that over the past four nights and my oh my what a story. Even though having read the novel combined with seeing the movie previously, the manga was still a real page turner.

The gore put me off a little at first but I'm glad I kept reading. The extra stories included in the manga that give us that glimpse of who the characters are really made the series for me.

Spoiler:

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Closed Thread