AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-04, 15:15   Link #81
kyouray
2D > 3D

Oh I'm not the only one who thinks at Seto no Hanayome after watching this episode. It's the fake argument which reminds me that (BGM and cherry blossom)
Lovely Mizuno is lovely.
Old 2009-10-04, 15:55   Link #82
NeoSam

Here's the cover of volume 4 of the shounen manga Nyan Koi!:

Shounen manga.
Serialized online on the shounen web comic magazine FlexComix Blood.
Released on: September 9th, 2009.

The first post of this thread got updated with this cover.
Old 2009-10-04, 16:14   Link #83
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Seto no Hanayome-type comedy + Talking Cats = Great! Plus, I see twins in the ending.

I'm loving the comedy in this series. It'll definitely be one of my favorites this year unless it nosedives.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 16:34   Link #84
TCman

A very enjoyable first episode! Very nice comedy too!

This episode actually reminds me of Harima of School Rumble who can hear/communicate also with animals (but of course not because of a curse).

Look forward to the next episode next week!
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 16:42   Link #85
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Jun Fukuyama as a cat is awsome!

I'm totally going to check this anime out for sure. The first episode was entertaining plus it's all about cats which I love.
Old 2009-10-04, 20:21   Link #86
paladinenvec

i liked this first chapter , the cats are hilarious and have their charm this anime it's a good surprise since no one expected this.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 21:12   Link #87
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsiclestick View Post
Sawanjane is a pretty rude way to say "don't touch me" or more closely like "quit touching" or "quit fucking touching"

which is what Junpei states. Tama and Nyamsus were trying to get him to say it, hence, they jump at his feet and started to rub.
Oh ok, that makes more sense.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 21:29   Link #88
Midonin
Last Engage

To whoever the person was that implemented the end card fanart contest at Pixiv: Thank you.

The results are gratifying.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 21:42   Link #89
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

I enjoyed it. It gives me a Natsume Yuujinchou vibe, except played for laughs (as others have pointed out, in a Seto no Hanayome style). The team of Nyamsas and Tama has a ways to go to match up with the magnificent Nyanko-sensei, but there's potential there. And I love the fact that the Fukuyama Jun-voiced Tama keeps referring to herself (himself?) as "boku."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
To whoever the person was that implemented the end card fanart contest at Pixiv: Thank you.

The results are gratifying.
No kidding. I'm looking forward to the introductions of the rest of the characters.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 22:01   Link #90
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

hmm, I like Mizuno, and omfg, twins.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 22:13   Link #91
uis

I really enjoying it... Sure it great and funny too...

Yeah i refrain myself to read any nyankoi manga to enjoy anime so i hope less spoiler manga here

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 00:16   Link #92
Clarste
Human

Enjoyable show, but I didn't like how they trivialized allergies. It's not like he's afraid of cats or anything petty like that, they literally cause him to undergo an uncomfortable or even dangerous physical reaction. Portraying it as a form of cowardice is sort of insulting.

Basically, he reminds me of my father, who's allergic to cats but lives in a family of cat lovers (his wife and children). So, in order to please us he puts up with having two cats. However, he can't touch them without breaking into hives, he has trouble breathing in his own house, and sometimes he breaks out into rather terrifying coughing fits. Truly he's sacrificing a lot for these cats, and if I had known how bad it was when I was little and wanted cats I never would have asked. Frankly, it seems like it would be best to get rid of the cats, no matter how much I love them. I would never even think of insulting my father for his allergies, it's surely not his fault. No much matter how much he loves cats, and he does, he just can't live with them.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 02:07   Link #93
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Pretty decent first episode, setting up some quite nice premises. Definitely agree on the Seto no Hanayome vibes (we even got a sort of Masa-san! ), it's that kind of crazy random humour that doesn't even need to be explained, it just happens before you realize it or can foresee it.
Pleasantly surprised by the cats' seiyuu, delighted by Iguchi Yuka as Mizuno. Definitely in for episode 2.

Also, which one would you pick?

Old 2009-10-05, 02:31   Link #94
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Enjoyable show, but I didn't like how they trivialized allergies. It's not like he's afraid of cats or anything petty like that, they literally cause him to undergo an uncomfortable or even dangerous physical reaction. Portraying it as a form of cowardice is sort of insulting.

Basically, he reminds me of my father, who's allergic to cats but lives in a family of cat lovers (his wife and children). So, in order to please us he puts up with having two cats. However, he can't touch them without breaking into hives, he has trouble breathing in his own house, and sometimes he breaks out into rather terrifying coughing fits. Truly he's sacrificing a lot for these cats, and if I had known how bad it was when I was little and wanted cats I never would have asked. Frankly, it seems like it would be best to get rid of the cats, no matter how much I love them. I would never even think of insulting my father for his allergies, it's surely not his fault. No much matter how much he loves cats, and he does, he just can't live with them.
I'd give a break for the anime since it's angled to be a comedy regardless. It's not a serious portrayal after all. But I know how it's like to be made fun of for having all sorts of ailments. It's both bewildering and sorta funny how heartless some people can be. It'd be pretty damn funny in a comedy. Broken leg? HILARIOUS. I had to go through a lot since I'm rather prone to various ailments.. Including extreme allergies to dust.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 03:28   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Looks like i've found myself a new wallpaper for the season. Mmm, Mizuno.
Old 2009-10-05, 04:34   Link #96
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Anyone else experience a freeze-up on the title screen on the gg encode? My video freezes on the same frame every time, but audio keeps going. I have to skip forward for the video to continue. Not looking for help, just wondering if anyone else had such an issue.
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 06:20   Link #97
BarbecueSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk View Post
Anyone else experience a freeze-up on the title screen on the gg encode? My video freezes on the same frame every time, but audio keeps going. I have to skip forward for the video to continue. Not looking for help, just wondering if anyone else had such an issue.
I also have the same issue with gg's Nyan Koi.
BarbecueSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 08:26   Link #98
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garylisk View Post
It's the holy-hell-full-screen-soft-subbed title that is lagging the video. Disable the subs and that part should play correctly. (Of course, that defeats the purpose of watching fansubbed anime...)
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 08:56   Link #99
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
It's the holy-hell-full-screen-soft-subbed title that is lagging the video. Disable the subs and that part should play correctly. (Of course, that defeats the purpose of watching fansubbed anime...)
Have to say it's the first time I've seen ANYTHING lag on my Core i7, Dual Radeon 4870 cards system. I figured if it could play Crysis at Full, there wasn't anything to worry about. Guess there's now a new benchmark

Hopefully they'll karaoke it for episode 2.
Old 2009-10-05, 08:59   Link #100
uis

Hmmm i watch gg encode and didnt have any problem...
Oh well cant wait for karaoke OP and ED ^^

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, supernatural