AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 1 4.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 32.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 32.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-08, 07:34   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-08-08, 12:19   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well... that was potentially the "best" adapted episode thus far, although I recommend anime only watchers to pause the episode at times starting the second half because things go really fast it might be a tad difficult considering investigation AND the chase occur at the same time.
Regarding the characters, they did keep few interactions compared to case 2, so things actually look less rough than before regarding characters discussing to each other (I appreciate the fact you have Byakuya and Touko/Sho on their own without being just timed events).
Color me quite surprised they even added some Ishida manservice there

Compared to chapter 2 case, the adaptation of chapter 3 is arguably easier. Regardless I will post a summary of the chain of events, and a list of the missing clues.

I sure hope however Episode 7 won't start immediately with the trial, because they left out 1 major scene in there (namely Kyouko and Yasuhiro's scene), which might lead to a very contrived trial without this scene.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-08-08 at 13:09.
Old 2013-08-08, 13:25   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-08-08, 13:31   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ That's not Kyotaka's "hidden ability" at all. He completely change by harnessing what he has learned from Mondo. I'm not even sure if they made it clear why he called himself "Ishida" thereafter.
Old 2013-08-09, 03:08   Link #5
Reality_Breaker

I think there are two ways to go about this, 1. there are two different murderers one acting like the brain and the other one as the brawn 2. Just one person is doing this. If I were to choose I would go with there being two murderers, I only have 1 name of the two right now, which is the girl dressed in goth loli (is that right?) because when they go back to the infirmary to see that Yamadas body disappeared she mentioned two boys getting killed, but was still acting surprised once Togami (was that his name? I really need to learn their names xD) mentioned that there was someone else who was murdered.
Old 2013-08-09, 03:58   Link #6
maplehurry

Maybe the two dudes killed each others.
Old 2013-08-09, 09:18   Link #7
hamazura
whatever

Super High School Level Super Saiyan... or Kaio-Ken
good episode, not feel rushed and good thing multiple scene compressed into 1 alter ego scene
and glad the investigation not yet started.
Old 2013-08-09, 09:19   Link #8
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
I think there are two ways to go about this, 1. there are two different murderers one acting like the brain and the other one as the brawn 2. Just one person is doing this. If I were to choose I would go with there being two murderers, I only have 1 name of the two right now, which is the girl dressed in goth loli (is that right?) because when they go back to the infirmary to see that Yamadas body disappeared she mentioned two boys getting killed, but was still acting surprised once Togami (was that his name? I really need to learn their names xD) mentioned that there was someone else who was murdered.
Also the Super Duper Shaman guy (Im bad with names too...) was pretty much gone that entire epi minus the very first part.

Edit: Something else too in reguards to Celes, she is the Super Gambler. The money PsychoBear afford up could be her motive. She was the only one who was attacked and lived. And she found the bodies in their final spot. Could it be her and Shaman guy working together?

Yamada and Ishimaru have been added to the ED and it STILL bothers me that Naegi is shown in it...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2013-08-09 at 09:49.
Old 2013-08-09, 10:22   Link #9
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Yamada and Ishimaru have been added to the ED and it STILL bothers me that Naegi is shown in it...
I guess they want to make him the "dead man walking".
Old 2013-08-09, 13:12   Link #10
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
I guess they want to make him the "dead man walking".
I hope this doesn't turn out to be like "Another" in the end...

But lol that whole "sneezing to change personality" is so copyed&pasted from dragon ball..
Old 2013-08-09, 13:54   Link #11
ChampDream
Alive

Ishimaru went super saiyan, Alter Ego seem really useful.
now for the case I find suspicious that the murder decide to carry Yamada then Celes since she could have been more easier to carry, also she seem way too suspicious since she find both bodies. I said there two murders and Celes is one of them and the other murder is either Yamada or Yasuhiro.
Old 2013-08-09, 14:33   Link #12
Eratas123

Celes' actions bug me in this episode: She's way too emotional. I know that it makes sense, but in the previous two murders she doesn't react at all or she's completely subdued. Now she's acting normally.....and it feels odd.

On another note, there was something else she said that rubbed me the wrong way: She says "Just liked he killed the guys"....but this was before she found out about Ishimaru and she acts surprised when Togami tells her and Asahina about it. So....was there another victim we weren't made aware of? It's either that or a translation error, like the Sayaka-Naegi room debacle from episode 2-3.

On a side note, when will they release the full OP? I like the song.
Old 2013-08-09, 14:58   Link #13
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Regarding what Celes said, she said "彼ら" which means "them" with the implication the stated persons are all male or mostly male. So "guys" is actually fine as a translation.
Old 2013-08-09, 15:09   Link #14
Solitaired

Just watched the episode. God I shed some tears at Yamada's death, thinking of the realization and despair he felt while dying.
Old 2013-08-09, 15:28   Link #15
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ Regarding what Celes said, she said "彼ら" which means "them" with the implication the stated persons are all male or mostly male. So "guys" is actually fine as a translation.
Then it's even more odd: Why would she say 'them' when she wasn't aware of Super Saiyan's death?
Old 2013-08-09, 17:45   Link #16
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Then it's even more odd: Why would she say 'them' when she wasn't aware of Super Saiyan's death?
This is not just "suspicious". She must be definitly involved somehow. Probably (one of) the murderer(s).
Old 2013-08-09, 18:06   Link #17
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
This was a really good episode. Nice to see the original opening song comeback since I've been wondering if they'll have a new opening whenever a new arc or random episode starts or whatever, but could be wrong who knows "shrugs shoulders".

New floor explored, more secrets, and the incentive this time is money...interesting. I wonder if something similar to that would be used, but now that it's present, I wonder who's desperate or tempted enough to murder someone to graduate and claim it. Togami and Cele's case regarding money seem to bear no problems or issues due to them having great amounts of it (Ie. Togami being a scion or an heir. Celes can just win it in a gamble and I heard that she bankrupt tons of rich and powerful people). So I'd say she has a good amount of money stashed somewhere. Probably not on Togami's level, but I'm sure it's enough to keep her satisfied.

The murder case this time looks a little complicated with the corpses "disappearing" and not being able to spot the "Madman" etc. Ishimaru finally found a reason to live again, only to get killed off sadly (insert Power Level Over 9000 meme/joke while you're at it) alongside Yamada, which is strange due to him falling in love with a program, but oh well, love sure is complicated. I'm sure it'll come together in the trial and investigation phases.

I'm really impressed in how they captured Aoi's emotional walls breaking. It not only shows her soft and weak side, but it also gives insight that she's expressing emotions that are either concealed or not shown by the majority of the cast. Even in tense situations a bright and energetic character like Aoi, her barriers can break down and cry for others whom she calls her friends, and to me that's a good thing because it makes you want to sympathize with her in someways.

So Fujisaki's program, Alter Ego, can be considered their "ray of hope" in not only possibly finding a way out, but to uncover whatever secrets that are currently not known to them right now. I'm really interested and perplexed about the picture with Leon, Chichiro, and Mondo in a group photo smiling with each other...weird. It could be a joke by Monokuma to confuse them, but considering what happened to Junko...you may never know since the way he talks and approaches things are somewhat like a guessing game.

Other than that, can't wait for the next episode. Hagakure possibly being the culprit seems a bit too "easy", but let's just see where this goes next week.
Old 2013-08-09, 20:25   Link #18
Deathscyther

Good episode. It didn't feel rushed this time around. Hagakure seems to be the prime suspect at the moment, but I'm not buying it. That would be too easy. The case actually looks to be quite easy after watching the episode two times. There are quite a lot of hints that are pointing towards someone else being the murderer, namely Celes, for the following reasons:
- Celes was quite OOC this episode. She was quite composed during the earlier cases, but she was much more emotional this time around;
- The murderer met Celes twice, but let her live both times. Suspicious;
- Celes was talking about multiple kills before the others told her about Ishimaru and she still acted surprised when Togami told her about it;
- Celes was the one who found the bodies after they were hidden.

I don't think the money was the reason for the kills. I think that the disappearance of Alter Ego played an important part here. Remember, the first half of the episode focused on Alter Ego. Both Ishimaru and Yamada wanted Alter Ego for themselves and then the laptop suddenly disappeared. Kirigiri confirmed that it couldn't have been either Ishimaru or Yamada who stole it, so it must have been someone else. This someone probably used Alter Ego to blackmail either Yamada or Ishimaru into doing something. Celes is my prime suspect for this role because of the mentioned reasons.

And I think that Yamada was the person that was used, mainly because he was the last one to die (Ishimaru died earlier). There was an announcement that a body was found when Yamada died on Asahina's lap. But there was an announcement when they found him in the Nurse's office as well. I guess that the first announcement was the moment when Togami, Fukawa and Oogami found Ishimaru's corpse, while Yamada was playing dead. Either this or Yamada really died and came back to life, only to die again, but I'd find this last option too lame. I already found it quite suspicious that Yamada had no wound on his forehead after he was assaulted. He was wiping off the blood of his forehead in the Nurse's office, but after he removed the bloodied cloth, he didn't seem to have a wound. I thought it was sloppy art/animation at first, but it might have been done for a reason after all.

So it seems to be that Celes and/or Yamada killed Ishimaru. In order to put the blame on someone else, they made the picture of the 'justice robot' and made it seem like Yamada and Celes were targeted themselves as well. We haven't seen the real 'justice robot' yet, so I guess we'll have more certainty once we find out more about this 'justice robot' and once we find out what Kirigiri and Hagakure have been doing all this time.

P.S. The picture of Kuwata, Oowada and Fujisaki is really interesting, especially after Yamada told them that he met everyone before this happened. I wonder what this all means? Naegi did faint when he entered the school. Did Monokuma do something with their memories?
Old 2013-08-09, 22:04   Link #19
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Good episode. It didn't feel rushed this time around. Hagakure seems to be the prime suspect at the moment, but I'm not buying it. That would be too easy. The case actually looks to be quite easy after watching the episode two times. There are quite a lot of hints that are pointing towards someone else being the murderer, namely Celes, for the following reasons:
- Celes was quite OOC this episode. She was quite composed during the earlier cases, but she was much more emotional this time around;
- The murderer met Celes twice, but let her live both times. Suspicious;
- Celes was talking about multiple kills before the others told her about Ishimaru and she still acted surprised when Togami told her about it;
- Celes was the one who found the bodies after they were hidden.

I don't think the money was the reason for the kills. I think that the disappearance of Alter Ego played an important part here. Remember, the first half of the episode focused on Alter Ego. Both Ishimaru and Yamada wanted Alter Ego for themselves and then the laptop suddenly disappeared. Kirigiri confirmed that it couldn't have been either Ishimaru or Yamada who stole it, so it must have been someone else. This someone probably used Alter Ego to blackmail either Yamada or Ishimaru into doing something. Celes is my prime suspect for this role because of the mentioned reasons.

And I think that Yamada was the person that was used, mainly because he was the last one to die (Ishimaru died earlier). There was an announcement that a body was found when Yamada died on Asahina's lap. But there was an announcement when they found him in the Nurse's office as well. I guess that the first announcement was the moment when Togami, Fukawa and Oogami found Ishimaru's corpse, while Yamada was playing dead. Either this or Yamada really died and came back to life, only to die again, but I'd find this last option too lame. I already found it quite suspicious that Yamada had no wound on his forehead after he was assaulted. He was wiping off the blood of his forehead in the Nurse's office, but after he removed the bloodied cloth, he didn't seem to have a wound. I thought it was sloppy art/animation at first, but it might have been done for a reason after all.

So it seems to be that Celes and/or Yamada killed Ishimaru. In order to put the blame on someone else, they made the picture of the 'justice robot' and made it seem like Yamada and Celes were targeted themselves as well. We haven't seen the real 'justice robot' yet, so I guess we'll have more certainty once we find out more about this 'justice robot' and once we find out what Kirigiri and Hagakure have been doing all this time.

P.S. The picture of Kuwata, Oowada and Fujisaki is really interesting, especially after Yamada told them that he met everyone before this happened. I wonder what this all means? Naegi did faint when he entered the school. Did Monokuma do something with their memories?
I think you should put your speculations in the speculations thread

One thing I found funny in this episode was when Togami was directing everyone to look for the bodies and he was just standing in the background

Last edited by mistress_kisara; 2013-08-09 at 23:25.
Old 2013-08-09, 22:08   Link #20
hamazura
whatever

togami, naegi and fukawa investigation so funny, togami bossing around, naegi become slave, and fukawa stalking and chuunibyo-ing in background