AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-12-03, 01:25   Link #1
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

EvGA GeForce GTX 260 Temp & Fan Speed Questions

I have a question regarding this GTX 260 card I bought because it is my very first high end card that I have ever purchased.

I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I ran a benchmark program and during that time the GPU temp reached 150+ F degrees or 70+ C degrees. Is this normal for this type or card? I'm used to seeing like 70-90s*F on my old mid range graphic cards. I'm afraid I might burn out my graphic or something if the temp stays like that.

The other question I have is regarding the auto controlled fan speed. The fan speed only stayed at 40% when the temps went really high and didn't crank up the fan speed. Does this mean that 140*F is a normal temp for this card under load?

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2008-12-03 at 01:44.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 01:56   Link #2
problemedchild
ô_ô

70 C under load is fine.

You can use RivaTuner to force the fan to spin at a certain % if that's what you wish.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 02:03   Link #3
cyberbeing

I'm pretty sure ~60°-72° C is normal for that card under load @40% fanspeed. If it goes above 75°C/167°F under load your case must have poor ventilation.

If you crank up the fan to 100% you could probably knock 10°-20° C off your load temp. If you're concerned about temps but don't want to run it at 100% fanspeed all the time, with something like RivaTuner you can create incremental fan speed profiles based on temperature. Guide: http://www.guru3d.com/article/rivatu...erclock-guide/

Edit: Seems I took too long revising my post and problemchild beat me to it.