AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-27, 16:59   Link #1081
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, that's a relief. I've never seen more hate on my server ever. Server lag was ridiculous in the major cities, Stormwind was utterly crass, Ironforge wasn't much better.

All that said, the last few days have probably discouraged me from switched me to changing main to Death Knight. As novel/interesting as they seem, major guilds have all expressed little to no interest in having them in raids. I doubt they would take more than one a raid. And since Arcane has been majorly revamped, I've been convinced to stay Mage. Hopefully I can hit 80 quick and get into a decent guild. After being in a Naxx guild pre-TBC then being in nothing for TBC, I've got the raiding bug once more.

I don't see how the Alliance are supposed to complete Power of Pine. I've never seen a single stinkbomb in Southshore. Seriously, this must be the one time of the year Horde don't raid Southshore. So much for getting the Hallow's End title.

On the bright side, I managed to get Strompike Perfection last night. Didn't think I'd be getting that one anytime soon. Happened to get into a match Horde tried a 6 minute Van rush on. They failed miserably and we capped everything back while ticking everything on offense. Defending Tower Point 2v4 and killing all 4 - hilarious. Arcane is damn nice in PvP.
Old 2008-10-27, 17:18   Link #1082
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

I don't see how the Alliance are supposed to complete Power of Pine. I've never seen a single stinkbomb in Southshore. Seriously, this must be the one time of the year Horde don't raid Southshore. So much for getting the Hallow's End title.
You pretty much had to complete this right at the beginning of the event, unless you know someone on horde side that you can get to come drop one for you. I managed to do this the day after the event started and it was basically one horde running in and a whole crowd of alliance trying to click the pine item at the same time. I happened to just be a faster clicker than others I guess. Also doesn't help that some people are morons and will attack horde on sight instead of letting them finish their quest so that they can finish their own. I did read that Blizz was looking into this, don't know if they will change anything though.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 19:21   Link #1083
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd be thankful that that is over with, but I can't help but think we are in for worse in the next two weeks.
Old 2008-10-27, 20:29   Link #1084
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I'm going to roll a Death Knight mainly for the epic experience of how epicly epic the starting quests sound. Though I might main it eventually... Just because I feel like it And I'm not much of a raider considering my highest level is now 52... And I usually only play with friends anyway.
Old 2008-10-27, 21:57   Link #1085
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'll make a Death Knight at some point to replace my warrior that I really don't use.

But first a warlock's got to explore you know.
Old 2008-10-27, 22:53   Link #1086
krisslanza

Well I can't explore if I can't get into the 60's
Well I COULD. But with risk of becoming food.
Old 2008-10-27, 23:37   Link #1087
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
You pretty much had to complete this right at the beginning of the event, unless you know someone on horde side that you can get to come drop one for you. I managed to do this the day after the event started and it was basically one horde running in and a whole crowd of alliance trying to click the pine item at the same time. I happened to just be a faster clicker than others I guess. Also doesn't help that some people are morons and will attack horde on sight instead of letting them finish their quest so that they can finish their own. I did read that Blizz was looking into this, don't know if they will change anything though.
Blizzard confirmed they're dropping that impossible one to collect all 20 masks, because it literally is impossible. No idea on the pine one.

Rings available in Dalaran costs 8500 gold....goddammit.....
Old 2008-10-28, 02:24   Link #1088
Maes
その目だれの目?

Well, the vendor that sells the Kirin Tor rings is of Kirin Tor faction, so you can get a faction discount if you run enough heroics with their tabard on. It is still a really good ring even into Naxx, but having it right when you hit 80 is a big plus.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 02:59   Link #1089
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So a 20% discount to 6,800 gold than? Ouch. I don't think my epic mount even cost that much when everything is taken into account.
Old 2008-10-28, 03:59   Link #1090
Maes
その目だれの目?

Well, at least it's something useful... unlike this: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44709 which is from a vendor for 2500g.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 06:18   Link #1091
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

As if...considering the Penguin Polymorph for Minor Glyph only costs me 5 gold....

But I have known peopel to pay 10k for Turtle. O_O Some people are just nuts.
Old 2008-10-28, 06:23   Link #1092
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I wonder if this whole event will finish with the 'razing of orgrimmar/darnassus' like that screenshot that was floating around a few months back hinted at... or maybe that event was scrapped.
Old 2008-10-28, 08:56   Link #1093
krisslanza

Well a rumor said something BIG was gonna happen today at 4PM... But why would they raze Darnassus? D:
Night Elves are my favorite original race.
Old 2008-10-28, 13:17   Link #1094
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well if you are lonely up in Northrend, why not raze all the major cities? You'll have lots of company then.....

Your rumor is ominous.
Old 2008-10-29, 18:53   Link #1095
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I actually managed to complete that stupid Pine quest. O_O Some random Warlock came in and dropped 2 bombs while I was turning in an AV quest at Alterac. I got back in time to hit one of them. The only thing stopping me from getting The Hallowed title is that !%#!^@%^# Squashling! I've been at close to 50 Headless Horseman kills and just can't win one! Even rolls of 82 have lost. Finally seen the sword drop but still seen no mount.

On the bright side, I've managed to get Strompike Perfection, Warsong Perfection and Magtheridon achievements. Finally found a good pug that downed him easily. These guys knew what they were doing - I had a group given to me to ensure I was always at 100% mana. O_O I came 4th on the DPS meter, but considering my gear would barely pass for T5 equivalent and that I caned a fair few T6 people, I think I did alright. Rolled 94 on the bag and lost. -_- Oh well, least I finally got to be part of a smooth Mag kill.

I seriously hope they don't nerf Arcane Spec. Blue posters admitted Arcane Blast needed to be fixed somehow. At the moment Arcane is working great for PvE and PvP. Arcane Barrage is a dream spell. This has made me want to stay Mage for Lich King for sure.

I had a look at Northrend Tailoring and Enchanting lists. Couple of interesting things I found.

1. Tailors get a Tailor-only ability to give their Cloaks an enhancement. Caster one is to restore 300 mana on some spellcasts. There was also one that granted close to 200 extra attack power on some attacks.

2. For leg enhancements, Tailors get the best leg version early on and for much cheaper mats. Non-Tailors will need Tailors to bother getting to Exalted with 2 different factions and will have to shell out WAY more for mats. The two options this time are Spell Power and Stam or Spell Power and Spirit.

I didn't see anything particularly special about Enchanting yet. But eventually there will be. There always is.
Old 2008-10-29, 19:00   Link #1096
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The only thing stopping me from getting The Hallowed title is that !%#!^@%^# Squashling! I've been at close to 50 Headless Horseman kills and just can't win one! Even rolls of 82 have lost. Finally seen the sword drop but still seen no mount.
You can also get them from treat bags you get at the Innkeepers

No, I am not a World of Warcraft player

I used to play yeah, but not anymore, I've been clean for over 2 years now
Rogues ftw
Old 2008-10-29, 19:04   Link #1097
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
Loser, Kaze, all the pro's still play
Old 2008-10-29, 19:08   Link #1098
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liwyn View Post
Loser, Kaze, all the pro's still play
Hush, If I ever came back I'd eat locks like you for breakfast
Go Horde!...and stuff..
Old 2008-10-29, 19:13   Link #1099
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Q_Q

100 Baron runs on the wall

knock 35 down, pass em around

65 Baron runs left on the wall...

*hums drinking song*
Old 2008-10-29, 19:15   Link #1100
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If the reports are right, everyone eats locks right now.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows