AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 104 53.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 28.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 8.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-11, 00:09   Link #101
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
'Present day' is kinda vague, as it could be any time between 2000 and 2015. Anyway, it is posible do these kinda of effects. It just Kyon don't have and idea of how do so and had only one day to learn. So, I really believe it was not Kyon who did it, nor it could be him.
Ah, well it's definitely not him. I guess I'm more referring to whether or not it was done by someone who wanted to make it look like something an amateur like Kyon could have done, rather than something completely out of an amateur editor's league.
Old 2009-09-11, 00:11   Link #102
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
Easy enough to do -- unplug Kyon's keyboard-as-pillow and plug in a different one to work from. Presto-change-o magico!

And who's to say they'd need ninja skills? They could just dope Kyon up with something to keep him asleep while they worked. The Organization probably has a pharmacy of drugs up their collective sleeve.
I never said it need ninja skils. Is just was the image that comes to my mind when I read Roger Rambo's post. Mori isn't even a ninja to beging with it. Haruhi-chan is not canon.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
Ah, well it's definitely not him. I guess I'm more referring to whether or not it was done by someone who wanted to make it look like something an amateur like Kyon could have done, rather than something completely out of an amateur editor's league.
This is posible too. However, why the end is so well done then? Even a professonal needs time to do things well. So, whoever it was, made everything in a hurry, so is understandable was is crappy.
Old 2009-09-11, 00:22   Link #103
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

hmm, I do like the idea of a Disappearance movie. It would be suitably meta for KyoAni to do this right after the brigade finishes their in-anime movie as well. It would also be an okay conclusion to the Haruhi anime, as Kyon ends the story on a reflective note and a positive outlook on the future.

I don't know if they'll ever make it as far as book 9 or later in the anime, but I'd like them to. So many long-running anime and manga are full of filler. Aside from a few lesser quality short stories Haruhi is a dynamic series that doesn't pander or drag. It could easily continue as an anime until Tanigawa concludes the story (let's hope he doesn't try to drag it too!).
Old 2009-09-11, 01:11   Link #104
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Alternate answer: Time travel. Kyon finished it later and then sent himself, Mikuru, or maybe Mikuru(BIG) herself back to load the finished version onto the computer while Kyon and Haruhi slept (together).
Old 2009-09-11, 01:22   Link #105
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

O.O

The part in parentheses was a JOKE, right.
Old 2009-09-11, 01:49   Link #106
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Alternate answer: Time travel. Kyon finished it later and then sent himself, Mikuru, or maybe Mikuru(BIG) herself back to load the finished version onto the computer while Kyon and Haruhi slept (together).
I've always thought it would be somewhere along those lines as well... Kyon from the future.

禁則事項です
Old 2009-09-11, 02:17   Link #107
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

tsuruya help make the movie
Old 2009-09-11, 02:41   Link #108
sacundim

Quote:
My guess is either someone from the Organization, not wanting Haruhi to get "depressed" by not getting the outcome she wanted, or else Haruhi's repeated overtures that all the inconsistencies and incongruities of her thrown-together plot would be ironed out in editing simply came true because, like the white birds, the unseasonable sakura blossoms and so on, she wanted it to be so, and so it was. Yuki could have done it, but I can't help but think she would have made the special effects a bit less cheesy while still being plausible for a no-budget film.
Well, the really big question is whether Kyon's narration in Episode 00 is part of the movie. If he didn't actually edit it, well, then either he's narrating the movie as part of his role as series narrator, or whoever/whatever edited the movie had a fake (but really accurate!) Kyon narrate it...

Quote:
Ah, so then, Future Kyon might have narrated the movie. If there is any canon support for saying that Kyon's narration was part of the edited movie, then actually, this becomes plausible...

Last edited by sacundim; 2009-09-11 at 02:44. Reason: Quote Ithekro's comment
Old 2009-09-11, 02:55   Link #109
mokuseimaru

Forgive me if this is outside episode discussion, but I have a dilemma: I downloaded the episode from Mazui, which I thought would be the sub but it has no subs. This is the second week this has happened. I would think it was just that they were only releasing the raws in the first place, and I'm the only person expecting otherwise, but last week the Mazui subbed episode was already up on various streaming sites when I tried loading the file, so apparently it was available. So, what am I doing wrong?
Old 2009-09-11, 02:56   Link #110
Launch
Bug Catcher

Subs were really late this week o_0

Anyway this was an amazing episode, alot of really good moments. Every time Shamisen talked was hilarious. xD

I was kind of hoping they would end the episode with the Brigade sitting in the projector room just before they watch the preview, so it would follow on directly into the next episode (Episode 00), but oh well.

One of the main things I loved about this episode was hearing the different groups theories about Haruhi, as well as the whole 'Don't trust what everyone else says' thing :P That's always been one of the most interesting aspects of the series to me (I'd forgotten it started in the Sighs storyline).

Great Episode in all areas for me. Though it's a bit sad that it's the end for now (probably). I'm really hoping they bring out Disappearance for this December!
Old 2009-09-11, 02:59   Link #111
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
And the bizarre answers:
A) Thanks to Haruhi's subconscious will, all the Kyons of all the iterations of Endless Eight were dreaming about parts of this movie, thus turning Kyon into a one-man CG rendering farm, in the theory that if she chained enough monkeys Kyons to typewriters she'd get all the works of Shakespeare her movie.

B) It all was a collective dream of Haruhi and Kyon, where they dreamed they were editing the movie, and it really happened thanks to Haruhi's reality-warping.

C) Haruhi's reality-warping powers trapped them both in region of spacetime where the flow of time is significantly slower than the outside world (maybe the clubroom was accelerated to within a tiny fraction of the speed of light,) giving them enough time to edit the movie. They don't remember because they reverted back to regular spacetime upon Haruhi completing the stock disclaimer.
Old 2009-09-11, 03:02   Link #112
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

A little late, but...

Quote:
Like: How the hell Haruhi didn't noticed the obviouls supernatural things being fired by Mikuru's eyes/guns?
She was distracted by a kid talking to her right when the guns fired...

That part made me laugh a hell of a lot, actually.
Old 2009-09-11, 04:00   Link #113
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Great episode.

The prologue at the end was a little jarring though... if they were going for the feel that the first season ended on... then they missed the mark a bit.

*prays for something in December* (but understands if nothing happens, kami-sama has better things to do)
Old 2009-09-11, 04:17   Link #114
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yep, that's Haruhi. Managed to be distracted even when there was a huge explosion and debris falling from the sky...and possibly the kid in shock from the event.

Kind of weird that she's the reality warper...she missed everything. Or at least it doesn't click even if she notices...like the cherry trees blooming...in October/November. But then, as she said, otherwise it would be too easy, having everyone at her fingertips already. But they are Haruhi, they just don't want you to know for their own various reasons...and the hope you won't destroy the universe.
Old 2009-09-11, 04:20   Link #115
Selofain
#1 Minion

Send a message via AIM to Selofain Send a message via MSN to Selofain Send a message via Yahoo to Selofain
SHAMISEEEEEEN <3

Yay, they finally got to my favorite part of Sigh! I love that cat.

Oh, the cafe scene. Same cafe, same table, there's only four of them, and Kyon still sits on the sidelines. Even when Haruhi's not there, she's there...in their heads mwahaha. Also, whenever Koizumi and Kyon were on screen together, I kept wanting to smash their heads together so they'd start making out. =/ I have no idea where this urge is coming from. I don't even like them as a couple. I like listening to them talk, but I think it's just because I'm tired.

Tsuruya was in the shadows when Mikuru was talking to Kyon about not trusting Koizumi. Dunno why I mentioned it, just thought it was worth mentioning. XD

*nyao*

Warrior lulz.

Quote:
Forgive me if this is outside episode discussion, but I have a dilemma: I downloaded the episode from Mazui, which I thought would be the sub but it has no subs. This is the second week this has happened. I would think it was just that they were only releasing the raws in the first place, and I'm the only person expecting otherwise, but last week the Mazui subbed episode was already up on various streaming sites when I tried loading the file, so apparently it was available. So, what am I doing wrong?
Check your codecs. This happened to me for a bit, which was solved by reinstalling my codecs (I use CCCP).

lol awkward smiling part epilogue, even though it wasn't made clear that this was after Melancholy and not Sigh.
Old 2009-09-11, 05:23   Link #116
kniteowl

YAY more Yuki biting Mikuru fanservice.

and Koizumi's big foreshadow reveal, although I was thinking about sliders when he was talking to Kyon.

the lighting and illusion of this episode was epic, I actually believed that the rain was actually on the windows and the lighting with Kyon's conversation with all the Brigade members excluding Haruhi was well done.
Old 2009-09-11, 05:31   Link #117
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

This is the best episode of anything I've seen in a long time.

This really got me back in the mood for Haruhi. But, uh, yeah...

Best parts were easily the cat and the Generic Fantasy guys, and everything after the Deep Space Sky shot... but the episode as a whole was amazing.

10/10

IT'S PERFECTO
Old 2009-09-11, 05:53   Link #118
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
I never said it need ninja skils. Is just was the image that comes to my mind when I read Roger Rambo's post. Mori isn't even a ninja to beging with it. Haruhi-chan is not canon.
I wasn't really being serious about the Organization training their staff in the art of ninjitsu, you know.
Old 2009-09-11, 05:55   Link #119
taishi363
otaku

great episode, favorite part was yuki talking to kyon and the ending. yuki looked so badass

btw, this is the end of sighs correct? does that mean this season is over? will that mean it'll be a while before they show disappearance?
Old 2009-09-11, 06:27   Link #120
Dr. Casey

Quote:
While I really liked Sighs, I don't think that I'd want it to be spread out over eight episodes. Five is definitely enough, imo.
Oh, I agree. Five episodes is the perfect length (Though you could maybe consider the next episode to be Sighs Part VI if you wanted to - it would sort of fit with the arc's unconvential nature, I suppose, with the climax arguably being in Part IV). I was just lamenting the fact that Sighs passed in the blink of an eye while Endless Eight was closer to... I dunno, 595 years.

Quote:
If this arc repeats another 7 times before the ending airs, i swear i will hunt you down

And I'd deserve that considering how amazing Sighs V was. I'm too lazy to do a complete breakdown of the episode, I'll save that for Triple, but a review would basically consist of me praising every second of the episode. The subterfuge and turmoil between the opposing factions was as engrossing as ever, Haruhi's "I'll help too" was touching (Even if it was undone seconds later with her not helping at all ), the absurdity of Kyon engaging in intellectual discourse with a cat actually had me laughing, the sky at 16:54 was beautiful (Even though I'm not sure why it turned from a normal night sky into something like that in a matter of seconds, it was like the ending of Rockin' Kats or something), and it was even educational with that bit about the passenger pigeons. I didn't even notice Tsuruya in the shadows, I thought that was Nagato at first. Must've been sitting at the wrong angle.

Anyway, great episode. I like how Sighs I was incredibly simple, almost plain, and built up to something like this. Hope Kyoto continues linking the episodes to reality somehow and starts Disappearance along with the third cour on December 18th.
Closed Thread