AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-10, 17:25   Link #2241
Homura7

Needless original story (the manga) is far, very far from it's end. As for the anime, everything from 22 is Madhouse fillers.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 17:47   Link #2242
Avvesione

Yeah, we all kinda new there'd be an anime original ending but it's was better than most of us were expecting. I'm hoping that the anime grabbed the attention of a lot of people (if it weren't for the anime, i'd never have looked into the manga) and help boost its popularity.

I'm wondering what Imai Kami thought of the anime in general. Guess maybe in one of these Ultra Jumps (or his website) he'll talk about it some. And there could always be a movie adaptation later on depending on how much popularity it gains.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 19:35   Link #2243
Mr.Caliber

to be honest im dissappointed with madhouse
i really wantde them to stick to the manga
Mr.Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 20:06   Link #2244
shadowii

technically its not over yet, we still have 22 minutes of OVA from the dvds
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 21:20   Link #2245
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
technically its not over yet, we still have 22 minutes of OVA from the dvds
Has anyone seen the preview for the next one? "Burumaa" looks a lot funnier than the first one and seems to have better animation. Most of these little specials have pretty bad animation since they're just bonus material (Queen's Blade comes to mind for a huge drop in quality here) but I'm happy with what the next one looks like. Kinda wondering if they're making any upskirt shots of Cruz in it like they did in the manga. Also am hoping Cruz wears pants in the manga soon since he's gone down a slippery slope from his normal clothes, to killer girls, to his sister's nopan attire...
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 11:45   Link #2246
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
hmm the anime doesnt apeal to me that much anymore sure its fun to see animated characters from manga. didnt you guys think it looked to much like ...pokemon at the end...
I mean Cruz said what all the *pokemon* needed to do and defeat team Simeon .... for real it wasnt all that great.
Only thing i liked was how Aruka found out the hard way she was following the wrong God. Thats about it.

About the manga didnt the translaters say the translator went for thanksgiving. Id expect a next release somewhere around 10 january. Were realy much dependable on a few people that work on it. And about the popularity of Needless.... 6 years of manga says more then enough.
There are literaly 100s of mangakas out there jumping up and down for spots in magazines and he got one for 6 years already so dont worry bout popularity :P
But i recon its not popular for pre-teens since its adult orientated. So it doesnt have the merch suport other series like FMA, Hitman Reborn, Naruto etc etc.
Fans will have to do with Dvd extras for merch thats about it ^^
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 12:26   Link #2247
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
that, and it's a monthly series... it's a lot harder for a monthly series to bite the bullet than it is for all the series that come out weekly because they don't have to worry about a ratings poll

and my final comment on the anime is, it could've ended better, but it also could've ended a lot worse... at least we get the next chapter in a few days (and if only more were scanlated...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:25   Link #2248
Used Can

I don't think the anime ending was bad. Well, Yamada getting a Fragment and the very last scene were bad, but, in general, I'd say it didn't feel out of place. In fact, I think anyone who's not familiar with the manga would probably be okay with it.
Old 2009-12-11, 13:45   Link #2249
shadowii

^
thats probably a good percent of the anime audiance
Old 2009-12-11, 14:22   Link #2250
Sekirei07

They did keep with it for the most part fairly well and the alterations seem like an alright possible alternate storyline.

I wondered how they originally were going to end it when they had first planned to only do 13 episodes...
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 14:33   Link #2251
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
They had never planned to do 13 episodes... I believe someone misread "volumes" as "episodes"... as there were only 12 volumes planned

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 15:35   Link #2252
Sekirei07

Where on earth did u read 12 volumes? If you count the current chapters released they are in the middle of volume 10 so where u get that number from?
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 16:05   Link #2253
Mr.Caliber

BTW what is Cruz's fragment?
Mr.Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 16:09   Link #2254
Ca12nag3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Where on earth did u read 12 volumes? If you count the current chapters released they are in the middle of volume 10 so where u get that number from?
12 volumes of Dvds 2 epps each. making 24 epps total. but they altered that to 24 lose epp releases with 2 min bonus material on each. o well it dont matter what it is. They did it how they did it end of story. Manga is whats important here ^^
Old 2009-12-11, 16:19   Link #2255
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Caliber View Post
BTW what is Cruz's fragment?
if you mean in the anime, just wait a day or two for the subs to come out

if you mean in the manga its: whats been guessed at and debated for more than half this forum (status unknown)

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-12-11 at 16:40.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:32   Link #2256
Ca12nag3

In the manga he dont have a fragment we know off
Its possible his inteligence as mentioned in the anime is part of his fragment. Also some of the anime ending prolly is discussed with Imai. So its not impossible some of it will be seen in a different form lateron in the manga.
Yet the setting will be different.

Like i said earlier Aruka in the anime asked Arclight if he is God or something now. And he seems to answer hes better or something, clearly he said something blasfemous. So he betrayed her faith, im sure something like that will happen in the manga as well since shes a religious fanatic serving the 2nd/God.
Her fanatical beliefs simply have to fall some day, now they did it in the anime already and added her to the good side after that but i doubt she would join the good side that easily in the manga.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:38   Link #2257
Homura7

Is not that hard. His intelligence is the most special trait of his character. This combined with whatever his fragment is, it's overkill for any of the needless that will fight him in a near future.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:39   Link #2258
shadowii

^
ca12nag3
good points except do not assume anything in the manga will be the same as what happened in the anime, including Aruka's reasons for joining Arclight in the first place.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:43   Link #2259
Homura7

^Aruka's reasons could be either similar or different from the looks of it.

All apart from that, you can be sure it will develop in a way that completely differs from the anime adaptation.
Old 2009-12-11, 17:23   Link #2260
Ca12nag3

hmm well you do know that 1 chapter where she explains Cruz about the 2nd and shes praying, so as far as her character assets they remained the same for both anime and manga.

For some character assets with Arclight, Cruz & the killer girls they are debatable since some things simply dont show in their character. Like how easily they all drop arclight whilst for Aruka it seems to be a faith decision.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen