Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-11-20, 13:02   Link #261
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's Manami, not Minami

A question: Does Kyousuke still call Ruri Kuroneko in volumes 5~ ?
By volume he calls her Ruri, Kuroneko, Shironeko
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 10:23   Link #262
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Kuroneko and Kyousuke start dating at Volume 7... Its still on going so I'm still wondering what kind of ending this eries will have its so abstract yet obivious I'm confused its annoying me...
Old 2010-11-23, 23:09   Link #263
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Manga vol 3 covers are revealed:

Spoiler for Normal ver:

Spoiler for Special ver (with Ayase niitengo):

Guess which one I'm getting in a few weeks
Old 2010-11-24, 00:16   Link #264
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post

Spoiler for Normal ver:

i thought her chest was a bit... bigger
Old 2010-11-24, 14:22   Link #265
D-Gold
Aurum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post

Spoiler for Normal ver:

The second one.
I wouldn't mind having both though for collecting purposes.
Old 2010-11-25, 19:10   Link #266
Miraluka
Banned

I'm the only one who thinks the relationshion between Ruri and Kyou needs to be developed more in the novel?

Actually, including the events from the vol. 7, the things between those two only reach the level of "cute" but doesn't takes the step to the level of "romantic" and just leave various things implicit.

What worries me more is Kirino is getting those events with Kyou that can even be called romantic (yeah I know it isn't, but the situation gives that impression). I fear they can end their relationship.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 00:45   Link #267
TkMacintosh

Honestly.....I don't MIND seeing Kyousuke and Ruri dating, but....I don't want my wincest to die...I hope that it -could- end with wincest, but....who knows.
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 07:49   Link #268
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I'm the only one who thinks the relationshion between Ruri and Kyou needs to be developed more in the novel?

Actually, including the events from the vol. 7, the things between those two only reach the level of "cute" but doesn't takes the step to the level of "romantic" and just leave various things implicit.
One thing people should remember: These are HIGH SCHOOL students. Trying to always put romance into things at this age isn't recommended in my view.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 20:42   Link #269
Undertaker

Not to mention you can easily see Kyosuke's perception of her changes during the series. V3 is really more about Kuroneko than Kirino. And you begins to see Kuroneko's view on Kyosuke changes in V4.

V5 is completely Kuroneko, and as I re-read that volume one scene stuck out for me. It was when Kyosuke notice Kuroneko was eating Meruru lunch by herself and Manami notice something changed with Kyosuke.

Not to mention, in that volume Kuroneko and Kyosuke are along in his room various time. At beginning, Kyosuke noted in his inner dialogs with dirty thoughts and how defenseless Kuronkeo seems, but towards the end he noted it now feels relax to be along with her. Considering that V5 covers the most time-wise (3+ months) and the obvious attraction in V6 this relation is not rushed at all. Though I will agree that the confession was a bit faster than I would have thought.

As for wincest,while I don't mind it, there is no way that happens in this series, maybe if the author wrote and unofficial dojinshi. But I prefer my wincest in eroge. Anyway, Oreimo is too mainstream to have it happen, not to mention its target readers are teenagers and the author even noted that the series readers consist elementary school kids and middle school girls with older brother.....
Old 2010-11-28, 23:05   Link #270
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
One thing people should remember: These are HIGH SCHOOL students. Trying to always put romance into things at this age isn't recommended in my view.
O_o;
Is the OreImo the only novel (or anime) about high school students you ever read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
As for wincest,while I don't mind it, there is no way that happens in this series, maybe if the author wrote and unofficial dojinshi. But I prefer my wincest in eroge. Anyway, Oreimo is too mainstream to have it happen, not to mention its target readers are teenagers and the author even noted that the series readers consist elementary school kids and middle school girls with older brother.....
What I mean is, that the chances of Kyou breaking with Kuro are still there because Kirino is very capricious and acting like that, Kyousuke is always influenced and will take any action for her sake.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 23:37   Link #271
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
O_o;
Is the OreImo the only novel (or anime) about high school students you ever read?
No no, I'm just sort of aiming at how there are a lot of "romantic" stories which seems that the characters are shooting for "eternal love" to quickly.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 02:20   Link #272
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Might be too late by now, but spoiler tags anyways:
Old 2010-11-29, 04:35   Link #273
larethian

based on how the novel was written (family setting, Kyousuke's thoughts and personality, etc.), I agree with Undertaker that a wincest end is pretty much impossible. That is not to say a 'Kirino end' is not possible. The end could be something like Kyousuke remaining as friends with Kuroneko, and decided not to go out with anyone in the meantime, so that he can spend more time hanging out with Kirino; more as a siscon rather than having any romantic attachment.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 04:55   Link #274
Scy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkMacintosh View Post
Honestly.....I don't MIND seeing Kyousuke and Ruri dating, but....I don't want my wincest to die...I hope that it -could- end with wincest, but....who knows.
Question: why do you hate Kyousuke so much that you wish Kirino upon him? Shouldn't a good bro like him deserve a proper girlfriend like Ruri?
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 19:05   Link #275
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
based on how the novel was written (family setting, Kyousuke's thoughts and personality, etc.), I agree with Undertaker that a wincest end is pretty much impossible. That is not to say a 'Kirino end' is not possible. The end could be something like Kyousuke remaining as friends with Kuroneko, and decided not to go out with anyone in the meantime, so that he can spend more time hanging out with Kirino; more as a siscon rather than having any romantic attachment.
True, but then, the relation between Ruri and Kirino would have to be damaged somewhat for that end to happen now with Ruri's confession.

Personally, I'm hoping more of Ruri-end with Kirino accepting the fact that his brother will always be her brother and he will be there when she needs him and having a girlfriend will not change that.

Because IMO that's really what's been the problem this whole time with Kirino. While the LN hasn't spell it all out, there is enough hints that Kirino is a huge brother-con and was only cold to him because of the combination that: 1) Kyosuke starts to have opposite-sex friends (Manami) and 2) She felt she was been left out.

The key lies in Kirino's level 3 collection and the album that she was going to show Kyosuke before at the end of V4. Personally I think that Kirino already trusts Kyosuke by V4 and the only thing that kept her from been completely open was her tsundere personality and the fear that she might loose him again.

Although I can't deny that the longer this series drags on the less secure I feel about Ruri x Kyou, as I think Manami still got a shot and Saori might have outside chance if this series have AT LEAST 3 more volumes. (I personally think the series ends within 2-3 volumes with current development)

Anyway,

Episode 9 of anime was awesome especially for LN readers. The part with Rinko route adds a lot to the scene at the end of V5 when Kyosuke visits Kirino in U.S. It also a nod to V1 when Kuroneko mentioned that she was caught surprised when her imouto caught her cosplaying in her room and dance. and in this episode she was acting out her own dojinshi and show a side of Kuroneko that we've expected but has not yet been shown. As well as how Saori goot those maid uniforms in V4.
Old 2010-11-29, 19:20   Link #276
Hoodspirit

If there will be an incest ending or not depends mostly on the authors thoughts about it.
It is not such a great taboo as many think it to be, as a lot of advanced countries dropped it as criminal act and view it as a persons freedom to choose (as long as other laws like influencing of none-adults do not kick in). Also it is a fictional story, and incest is not uncommon in those (even mentioned in Volume 2). It does not have to happen but saying it is impossible, goes a bit far with just bringing up 'mainstream' and targeted audience. Volume 3 had displayed middle school girls writing about rape and sex slaves and watching Boys Love Animes.
With the ending of Volume 7 being a major cliffhanger the novel could go anywhere. Personally I found it strange that Ruri denies information from the phone call between Kirino and her. We also have no direct speech by Kyousuke about the couple thing, first girlfriend of his life. There is also no chance for Kyousuke not to know about Kirinos feelings after the Mikagami-incident. So it could go anywhere from a shocked Kyousuke, being dropped by Ruri after she finds out that he lost his passion without Kirino's energy used as fuel to happy couple solving some problems along the way.
Personally I think the couple thing comes to early taking a lot of drama out of the series if it stays like this and without some drama points the story would just flatten out over the last 1-2 volumes. So I see a Kirino route more likely, as we have yet to experience the after effects of the Mikagami-incident, involving even the parents now. So it has the most potential in it, doctrin by parents, Kyousuke isolating himself/being under shock, Kirino snapping him out of it or Kirino getting more issues withher health ect. Also we do not have a build up rival who could step in right in time before Kyousuke goes to university.

My main hope for the next Volume is mainly that the past will be explained, as it is often immediately dropped as theme whenever it comes up.

[Edit]: Yes, Episode 9 was very nice for LN readers, and as the author did the script for this episode it almost seems like the apology for last weeks joke-episode^^ We have some resemblance for volume 6 and 7 and for people who want to have hints for their relationship will find them. New open route after tsundere was cleared, Kirino sticking to her path, Kyousuke and Ruri having trivial contact this early, ect.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 20:18   Link #277
Undertaker

eh...

I don't know what you's been reading, but incest is still against law in most advance countries when it comes to blood relation, in which Kirino and Kyosuke are, unless the author pulls a stupid plot device that one of the them is actually adapted.

As for V3 about rape and sex slave, there's HUGE difference between writing and ACTUALLY DOING IT. I can play Call of Duty and blow off as many heads as I want, doesn't mean I should do that in real life. Similarly it's not against the law to write about rape and sex-slaves, but it is against the law if Kuroneko and Kirino decides to actually acts out those things...

I really hope I misunderstood your post, 'cause I'm beginning to fear for you, friend........
Old 2010-11-29, 21:04   Link #278
Hoodspirit

Yes most still have these laws, but quite some names like France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Turkey and some south american countries like Brazil or Argentina have dropped it. Other states like Japan, Finland and Sweden have dropped it as well but restrict marriage. In states like Germany they kept it, but mostly for traditional reasons now, as other laws cover the more important things like protecting underage persons.
These examples are strictly for viewing incest as criminal act. It does not have much value anyways as the cases are very few. In Germany 3-4 cases a year and most of these involving other criminal acts like acts against children.
I do not speak of acceptance inside a society.

As for the writing and doing it stuff, the novel is written itself, and we are reading it. So i can not really follow your arguement there. Of course the novel will not make us go jumping on relatives, as shooter games/music will not make us go and kill people.

Hope that clears it up a bit.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 22:42   Link #279
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
No country has dropped incest laws anywhere. Every known socieity has the incest taboo. What counts as incest is what varies. Most recent law changes allow cousins to marry, but not siblings.
Old 2010-11-30, 00:47   Link #280
Undertaker

exactly, there are still incest laws, just to various degree. Most advance countries has excluded non-blood relation but not if there is direct blood relation, ie, you can marry to your step-sibling, or step-parents but not your biological parents nor blood-siblings that was born from same parent as you do.

As 00-Raiser states, some countries has now allow first-degree cousins to get married, ie. your mom's sibling's kids, or you dad's sibling's kids.

The least strict I've seen might allow half-sibling but nothing closer than that. You still can't marry your mom who give birth to you, nor your grand parents (if you swing that way...), and certainly not your sister who are born from the same mother and conceived by the same father as you.

I mean, back in medieval era and middle ages, you might find some culture practice in-breeds, but not anymore, even if you do, they are in extreme minority.

The few countries that you listed I can only verify Brazil, France, and Portugal and none allow legal marriage, even if the other countries are true only France, Belgium, Luxembourg , and Portugal are considered developed or advance country. That's 4 out of a list of about 50 countries considered as developed or advanced.

Don't know where you got the idea that Sweden and Japan allows incest. Incest of blood relation within third degree is illegal Sweden, and same as in Japan. ie, you can not marry to you aunts and uncle but you can marry your cousins.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings