AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-25, 18:37   Link #1021
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The Crusaders on my team always do the best out of the entire match. I wasn't expecting them to be fast at all.
Old 2012-12-25, 18:46   Link #1022
Marina2

Can Panzer IV's 10,5 cm KwK 42 L/28 gun really penetrate KV-1 and some other heavy tanks?

I look at its penetration rate and it's even worst than 7,5 cm KwK 40 L/48, unless I'm going to use premium HEAT bullet. (based on http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/PzKpfw_IV)

Or do people normally use HEAT bullet?

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-12-25 at 20:07.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 18:55   Link #1023
Gravitas Free Zone

Word to the wise: You cannot circle-of-death a StuG in a Pz38nA. (Once again, today I was able to play both sides of that scenario.)

I did manage to get two kills (on heavies!) with the 38nA on El Halluf when our northern pass defense collapsed and they drove right past me.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 19:18   Link #1024
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Can Panzer VI's 10,5 cm KwK 42 L/28 gun really penetrate KV-1 and some other heavy tanks?

I look at its penetration rate and it's even worst than 7,5 cm KwK 40 L/48, unless I'm going to use premium HEAT bullet. (based on http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/PzKpfw_IV)

Or do people normally use HEAT bullet?
Don't you mean the Panzer IV's howitzer? Then yes, it can, but you have to target the sides and the back. If you do expect to do a whole lot of damage, ESPECIALLY if it penetrates and explodes inside a module.

The thing is though, experience tells me that the Panzer IV isn't really built for that kind of close-quarter brawling, compared to its contemporaries the Sherman or the Crusader.
Old 2012-12-25, 19:51   Link #1025
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Don't you mean the Panzer IV's howitzer? Then yes, it can, but you have to target the sides and the back. If you do expect to do a whole lot of damage, ESPECIALLY if it penetrates and explodes inside a module.

The thing is though, experience tells me that the Panzer IV isn't really built for that kind of close-quarter brawling, compared to its contemporaries the Sherman or the Crusader.
I know that Panzer IV is more suitable for sniper role/support role but I just want to kill those KVs

Moreover, I usually get killed by KV-1 in the close range in the late game where my team was losing. (Not sure I was just bad luck or not because KV-1 often appear near me, and I can't escape from it.) I don't mind if I can at least do some damage to it before I die. Other than KV, other tank I want to is Churchill.

The tech line I'm playing (Panzer 35t, 38t, na) make me hate all heavy tank so much I'm also considering to buy SPG to use. Firing a shell on Heavy tank head across a map seems fun.

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-12-25 at 20:44.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 20:04   Link #1026
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I know that Panzer IV is more suitable for sniper role/support role but I just want to kill those KVs

Moreover, I usually get kill by KV-1 in the close range in the late game where my team was losing. (no, I can't escape it) I don't mind if I can at least do some damage to it before I die.
The thing is the Panzer simply doesn't have the agility to duel something like the KV. Heck, even using the Crusader, I have trouble circle strafing heavies, and the Crusader is extremely nimble.

If you absolutely HAVE to, never go at it alone.
Old 2012-12-25, 20:09   Link #1027
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

The only way to defeat KV without using heavy tank is by flaking.

and you need 2 tank to do it.

thought I kinda easily kill KV with my ELC thanks to crazy speed and "better than derpgun". even then i need it to get distracted first and I usually hit it on the back

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 20:26   Link #1028
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The thing is the Panzer simply doesn't have the agility to duel something like the KV. Heck, even using the Crusader, I have trouble circle strafing heavies, and the Crusader is extremely nimble.

If you absolutely HAVE to, never go at it alone.
Yeah, you can do it with the Pz4 with a derp .. IF you use HEAT and IF you don't die from their first shot. The KV just has more health than you, about the same damage, but does suffer a bit from accuracy and reload time. 2 HEATs on the 10.5 derp gun can "end" him quite reliably. I run 100% HEAT on my PzIV now and swap that crew out to pilot my VK3601H as well..

Ahh.. No need for a bragshot, but man, just had a lovely game with my Hummel. #3 on my team's exp list, 12 shots fired with 7 direct hits .. but with those 7 hits (all pens) and the 2 shots that did HE shell damage .. I did over 2.8k damage! More than anyone else on the team! Goes to show why scouts in high level games are so important.. High tier TD's and Arty's can 1/2 shot most tanks ..
Old 2012-12-25, 20:31   Link #1029
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Or by using a Tank Destroyer =]

I'm still grinding for the hellcat but its taking forever though hopefully now that I can convert the exp I've accumulating from the luchs and valentine it'll not take quite as long as it would normally.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 23:08   Link #1030
Gravitas Free Zone

...now, I did manage to track and circle-kill a T1 Heavy with the Pz38nA. That was kinda horrifying though.

...and it did help that at one point the tank caught fire.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 23:58   Link #1031
Sumeragi
Banned

I did once take on two KV-1S tanks with a T-25..... and won. It was on Steppes, and while the rest of the team went east and west I went down the middle path by myself, uon which I ran into the two KV-1S tanks. How did I win?

I basically used my accurate and rapid-firing gun to constantly punch holes through their hull as I kept my distance. I also used my instincts of when the two were going to fire and basically dodged their shots like something from the Matrix through slight movements (and also managed to bounce several shells). After managing to reduce their HP to 1/4, I basically blitzed past them and fired directly into their engines, setting them on fire for a trip to hell. Unfortuantely, I got the only kills of my team, which got annhiliated and let our base be captured.

Considering using my experience with the T-25 to get an Ace badge for the Pz III/IV and Pz IV (after I free-exp to the latter tank).

German Heavy Tank: Thinking of stopping at the Königstiger, unless someone can convince me that the E-75 is worth it.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 00:25   Link #1032
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
German Heavy Tank: Thinking of stopping at the Königstiger, unless someone can convince me that the E-75 is worth it.
Care for another date, Sume? You bring your KT, I'll bring my E-75, and I'll show you why it is near-universally considered the best Tier 9 heavy tank in the game.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 00:40   Link #1033
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Skyrocketing costs per tier make me think that it might take a while before I consider shooting higher than Tier VII. If I do get to Tier VIII, it'll because I accidentally stumbled towards it by playing my Tiger too long. ^^;

Oh, and more Crusader training for me later. While I seem to have gotten my most Heavy tank-kills on a non-heavy ever, my win loss ratio on it is atrocious.
Old 2012-12-26, 00:51   Link #1034
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Care for another date, Sume? You bring your KT, I'll bring my E-75, and I'll show you why it is near-universally considered the best Tier 9 heavy tank in the game.
Tell me, not show me. Besides, I'm not going to consider a battle between a 8.8 cm and a 12.8 cm as even remotely fair enough for comparison.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 01:00   Link #1035
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Tell me, not show me. Besides, I'm not going to consider a battle between a 8.8 cm and a 12.8 cm as even remotely fair enough for comparison.
I don't have the 12.8 (yet), I'm still using the long 10.5 which is the KT's top gun.

And if I have to just tell... a UFP that's impervious to all but the Tier X guns, and an LFP that's actually tough enough to withstand just as much when angled. With the top engine, it's even more nimble than the KT. The E-75 is one of the few, if not the only, German heavy tank that can actually hold its own in a brawl, as opposed to the last resort of the Tiger and Panther series caught with their pants down.

This is a tank even Tier 10s fear.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 01:20   Link #1036
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
I don't have the 12.8 (yet), I'm still using the long 10.5 which is the KT's top gun.

And if I have to just tell... a UFP that's impervious to all but the Tier X guns, and an LFP that's actually tough enough to withstand just as much when angled. With the top engine, it's even more nimble than the KT. The E-75 is one of the few, if not the only, German heavy tank that can actually hold its own in a brawl, as opposed to the last resort of the Tiger and Panther series caught with their pants down.

Yeah, I've heard pretty much the same. A combination of firepower, durability and maneuverability that at least right now appears completely unsurpassed. I'm a theorycraft junkie myself so I've been comparing the various Tier 9s of each country .. Then again I myself might stick with the KT and spend time on other sub-9 tier tanks as well. Tier 8 seems like a good stopping "rest/save point"

I've actually been leveling my arty as well as a Leopard for the King Leopard and might take a small detour to check out the U.S. autoloaders as well. The Cromwell is also loads of fun..
Old 2012-12-26, 02:09   Link #1037
LeoXiao
思想工作

I got the KT and I love it. It's surprisingly easy to play and, with a rammer attached, the L/71 pwns pretty nicely. It will be even better with the 10.5.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 02:21   Link #1038
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Concurring with the above observations of the E-75, it's essentially an upgraded KT that has all of the KT's advantages while further reducing its disadvantages. It's a much better tank than the KT in every way and one that holds itself admirably against contemporary Tier IX and X foes, and that's from way back since the 6.6 Test.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 04:14   Link #1039
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:

Actually the E-75 upper frontal plate will bounce all but tier 9/10 tank destroyer guns (~300 penetration) consistently. It's something like 280mm effective armor at point blank range, so if you angle it you can bounce almost anything that's not APCR or HEAT. They moved the transmission to the front a while ago, pretty much the only change it's had since release. Though the gun is rather sub-par, its the only weakness to an otherwise fantastic vehicle.

Just got my Conqueror. Wow, this thing's ammo rack is fragile
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 06:06   Link #1040
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

and you need 2 tank to do it.

thought I kinda easily kill KV with my ELC thanks to crazy speed and "better than derpgun". even then i need it to get distracted first and I usually hit it on the back
75-80mm pen gun is more than enough to take on a KV frontally.

This is the only picture I could find of the KV directly from the front ignore the colored blocks, the parts I've put white square around can easily be penned by most tier 4-5 tanks.

Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks