AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-07-08, 02:33   Link #961
EvI

someone was kind enough to complete the translation of volume 8, so thank you very much, and for those that like this series go check it out
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 16:45   Link #962
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Yup. My understanding is that shinmai is more successful, which means more money. How much more I don't know. It could just be a far more favorable contract but the author clearly feels his time is more valuably spent on shinmai.
you serious???
Shinmai Maou no Testament????? japan taste sure really fck as shit
hagure is way more better than Shinmai oh welll this prove if the author just money seeker bum no wonder most his works has "harem" genre in the flavors
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 17:20   Link #963
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
you serious???
hagure is way more better than Shinmai oh welll this prove if the author just money seeker bum no wonder most his works has "harem" genre in the flavors
But that's just your opinion. I could say the exact same words right back at you, "what, you think Hagure Yuusha is better than Shinmai Maou? Your tastes sure are shit as fuck!"...

I'm not even arguing about what's better here, that's personal taste of each individual, but it's undeniable that Shinmai Maou is superior to Hagure Yuusha in a lot of ways. It's a work that the author wrote after making a lot of improvements in his writing skills.

By the way, what being a money seeker has to do with writing harem stories? Perhaps it's just what the author likes writing...
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 17:33   Link #964
Direwolf18

Soooo lemme get this strait you think the author should live in poverty or do this as a charity? That a desire ti be successful is inherently evil or some such crap. The man has bills to pay, food to keep on the table. Not everyone feels a need to wallow in poverty to affirm their own "self righteousness" and moral superiority just so you can have your own selfish desires. If you feel so strongly about a discrepancy in sales you should do your part in increasing sales. If you oppose harem stories don't buy it, simple as that.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 19:21   Link #965
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
you serious???
As ophis said that's only your opinion so dont generalize, you like Hagure but that doesn't mean is better than Shinmai or vice versa. Actually you sound just like an angry fanboy.

The author likes to write harems and that doesn't have any relationship with making money, on the other hand Hagure is a really good harem LN but Shinmai comes after the author improved his writing style and if you read it (which I guess you have not done) you can realize in only 8 volumes became a very good story, specially on vols 7 and 8.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 19:39   Link #966
EvI

i didn't brought this thread back from the dead to people start fighting about which is the best novel... D:

anyways just giving my opinion, about MC i think akatsuki wins, his personality is unique, at least i didn't saw another novel where we have this type of mc (confident, alpha-male, powerful-type, heck if it was him in shinmai from the get go mio would be his slave even without the contract hahaha) but in terms of story i believe shinmai wins BUT with this said i hope the author does come back later to this novel now that he has gotten better at writing, i still wish to see the conclusion of the fight between akatsuki and his brother and father...
Old 2015-07-08, 19:41   Link #967
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
i didn't brought this thread back from the dead to people start fighting about which is the best novel... D:

anyways just giving my opinion, about MC i think akatsuki wins, his personality is unique, at least i didn't saw another novel where we have this type of mc (confident, alpha-male, powerful-type, heck if it was him in shinmai from the get go mio would be his slave even without the contract hahaha) but in terms of story i believe shinmai wins BUT with this said i hope the author does come back later to this novel now that he has gotten better at writing, i still wish to see the conclusion of the fight between akatsuki and his brother and father...
If we're gonna talk about characters, does anybody find Myuu annoying? As far as I can tell, every arc has been about "boohoo I'm just a burden and I should just give myself to the enemy."
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 19:47   Link #968
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
If we're gonna talk about characters, does anybody find Myuu annoying? As far as I can tell, every arc has been about "boohoo I'm just a burden and I should just give myself to the enemy."
yup but after volume 10 she stops with this emo-tragic-heroine thing after learning what happened with akatsuki real sister and promises him to never do this again, thank god, volume 9 was too absurd with her not wanting to go back after everything akatsuki did and said to her, he had to molest her again for her to come back to her senses

if you look at mio of shinmai she is not that different just look at volume 1 where she goes to fight lars alone cause basara got hurt, this author has something about this kind of self-sacrifice heroine (maybe he thinks this is beutiful or cool?, something with the name mio as well....)

Last edited by EvI; 2015-07-08 at 20:58.
Old 2015-07-08, 19:56   Link #969
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
yup but after volume 10 she stops with this emo-tragic-heroine thing after learning what happened with akatsuki real sister and promises him to never do this again, thank god, volume 9 was too absurd with her not wanting to go back after everything akatsuki did and said to her, he had to molest her again for her to come back to her senses

if you look at mio of shinmai she is not that different just look at volume 1 where she goes to fight lars alone cause basara got hurt, this author has something about this kind of self-sacrife heroine (maybe he thinks this is beutiful or cool?, something with the name mio as well....)
10 volumes!? That's way too long and that's like 5 arcs! How many times did it take Mio to get it through her head? One?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 20:03   Link #970
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
10 volumes!? That's way too long and that's like 5 arcs! How many times did it take Mio to get it through her head? One?
well that is one of the reasons everyone think that the author is getting better at this and also it's not like mio learned her lesson, i think, it's more like she didn't had a chance to do this kind sh*t since that time
Old 2015-07-08, 20:17   Link #971
ImperialFlameGod8190

With Shinmai all the nonsense goes out the window with the contract at the same time its worse. Hagure Yuusha's main issue besides the molesting is the constant issue of Akatsuki brings everyone's secrets out while keeping his in. After the hero arc basara's secret is out so there's no hidden secrets and bullshit. So akatsuki stays who he is the rape demon.
all that aside can u imagine if the girls from Hagure Yuusha had the contracts then it would be something

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2015-07-08 at 21:08.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 20:33   Link #972
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
And then there's the fact that somehow, Shinmai is getting a second season whereas Yuusha remains at one. Then again, I'm also of the opinion that Yuusha is the superior work, simply because Akatsuki is far more badass than Basara (one example: IIRC, Akatsuki already has mastery over his powers, whereas Basara, to the best of my knowledge, still can't control the demon sword)

And I still need to catch up on the novels... other reasons why I still prefer Yuusha to Shinmai are because of the other world setting and the shadow organization that the anime gave us a glimpse into

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 20:50   Link #973
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
With Shinmai all the nonsense goes out the window with the contract at the same time its worse. Hagure Yuusha's main issue besides the molesting is the constant issue of Akatsuki brings everyone's secrets out while keeping his in. After the hero arc basara's secret is out so there's no hidden secrets and bullshit. So akatsuki stays who he is the rape demon.
all that aside can u imagine if the girls from Hagure Yuusha had the contracts then it would be something
As expected from you, someone who always go to Shinmai thread and get btfo. First of all you didn't even read the LN, second you always talk based on a poorly made adaptation of the LN so you have zero arguments, third you didn't even know what happens after vol 3.

I agree Hagure is better in a lot of ways and I like Akatsuki more than Basara, that said, Shinmai is very different for:

1.-Basara isn't a gary stu like Akatsuki, he's still getting more training to be stronger than his initial form.
2.-There is no secret revealed on Shinmai yet, only the past of his father.
3.-Actually Basara was defeated several times, meanwhile Akatsuki is overpowered in many ways.
4.-The style of writing is better than the one on Hagure.

So I recommend you to at least talk with arguments instead of assumptions, with that your comments might have some weight, which does not happen now.

@Magin the deal with the sword is not like he can't control that, actually the sword was the one protecting him and Basara is able to have a full control of the sword's power. If you want to know why go and check Shinmai thread.

Last edited by Izumo; 2015-07-08 at 21:02.
Old 2015-07-08, 20:58   Link #974
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
As expected from you, someone who always go to Shinmai thread and get btfo. First of all you didn't even read the LN, second you always talk based on a poorly made adaptation of the LN so you have zero arguments, third you didn't even know what happens after vol 3.

I agree Hagure is better in a lot of ways and I like Akatsuki more than Basara, that said, Shinmai is very different for:

1.-Basara isn't a gary stu like Akatsuki, he's still getting more training to be stronger than his initial form.
3.-Actually Basara was defeated several times, meanwhile Akatsuki is overpowered in many ways.

So I recommend you to at least talk with arguments instead of assumptions, with that your comments might have some weight, which does not happen now.

@Magin the deal with the sword not like he can't control that, actually the sword was the one protecting him and Basara is able to have a full control of the sword's power. If you want to know why go and check Shinmai thread.
If you're gonna insult me at least read my comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
And then there's the fact that somehow, Shinmai is getting a second season whereas Yuusha remains at one. Then again, I'm also of the opinion that Yuusha is the superior work, simply because Akatsuki is far more badass than Basara (one example: IIRC, Akatsuki already has mastery over his powers, whereas Basara, to the best of my knowledge, still can't control the demon sword)

And I still need to catch up on the novels... other reasons why I still prefer Yuusha to Shinmai are because of the other world setting and the shadow organization that the anime gave us a glimpse into
I cant say for sure why Shinmai gets a second season over Yuusha and even the Shinmai fans were all surprised by that. But really most of the Shinmai fans are just gonna wait till the BD's come out.

EDIT: Yuusha didnt get a second season likely because of the fact that Akatsuki's acts are criminal in nature. Numerous things that are considered assault and worse. The acts in the second season become more extreme and Japan couldnt justify supporting what Akatsuki did.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested

Last edited by LKK; 2015-07-09 at 11:06. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
Old 2015-07-08, 21:04   Link #975
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
If you're gonna insult me at least read my comments
Nobody is insulting you, I just established the fact that you talk without any kind of argument. And yeah I read your post here and the ones on Shinmai threads.
Old 2015-07-08, 21:11   Link #976
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
here is what i said.

Quote:

So I recommend you to at least talk with arguments instead of assumptions, with that your comments might have some weight, which does not happen now
This is your response to what i said.

if you read my post i didnt compare them and say which one was better. I just said in Hagure Yuusha akatsuki hides his actions from everyone else and Basara's big issue is over that being what happened to him in the Hero's village. Akatsuki's secrets were hidden.

As for my "arguments" thats another matter entirely.

Old 2015-07-08, 21:23   Link #977
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
All what you do is posting bad things about something you didn't even know and make a comparison with Hagure (even if you pointed some downfalls of the same), for example that "nonsense goes out the window with the contract at the same time its worse" and use it as an argument when you don't know how the contract works and why.

Other one is "after the hero arc basara's secret is out so there's no hidden secrets and bullshit", again the same as before this is just your assumptions without basis.

So yeah you're implying things about Shinmai vs Hagure and again without knowing nothing from vol 3 - 8. Seems like I'm right.
Old 2015-07-08, 21:26   Link #978
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
All what you do is posting bad things about something you didn't even know and make a comparison with Hagure (even if you pointed some downfalls of the same), for example that "nonsense goes out of the window with the contract at the same time is worse" and use it as an argumen when you don't know how the contract works and why.

Other one is "after the hero arc basara's secret is out so there's no hidden secrets and bullshit", again the same as before this is just your assumptions without basis.

So yeah you're implying things about Shinmai vs Hagure and again without knowing nothing from vol 3 - 8. Seems like I'm right.
heh you are something izumo but thats all fine and good.

Old 2015-07-08, 22:39   Link #979
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

So... did they fuck?
Old 2015-07-08, 23:12   Link #980
Abysmalheart

First of all I would like to point out that imperial you double posted ^^^(look up)

Quote:
This clearly shows you don't know what is happening in shinmai after the hero arc.
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, light novel, shounen