Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-15, 15:55   Link #25241
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
More like delusional fantasy, but carry on. We'll get the popcorn. The assertion is unrelated to the facts.
Also wut, Comic Sans? I mean seriously, how cheap can you be?
Old 2012-12-15, 16:14   Link #25242
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Also wut, Comic Sans? I mean seriously, how cheap can you be?
Don't see what's wrong with it. Classroom is NOT for religious zealots.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:22   Link #25243
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the huckbee brigade
aka The American Taliban, only in theathersAmurrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Don't see what's wrong with it. Classroom is NOT for religious zealots.
God is everywhere, but religious zealots think they are godly and should be let inside public schools.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:25   Link #25244
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
... logged in on facebook and then I saw this pic.

Spoiler for There's some cold, hard truth into this.
:

I'm a very spiritual person, I'm a Christian, but putting God and religion into the schools...okay, which God? Which religion? Surely the people who want God in schools only want their God and their religion. So if they get their way, they'll probably allow concepts only for protestant and nondenominational Christians and they'll skirt around Catholic dogma. They won't allow Mormons ideas, nor Jewish concepts or Muslim concepts, and most certainly not those 'heathen' Buddhist, Hindhu, and Taoist concepts.

Parents can raise their children to be religious, they can make them take part in a religious community, students can go to school and be mindful of their faith and their beliefs as they interact with others at school and let them be their guiding principles there and elsewhere, they can pray at school, but try letting people be open about religion in schools and you got problems because not everyone wants to be a Protestant or a Catholic. You still have many Protestants and Catholics accusing each other of going to hell these days. So you could imagine some Protestants wanting "God in the schools", but oh no, not those Catholic concepts, and you can imagine some Catholic parents wanting Christian values in schools, but oh, make sure they are especially the Catholic ones, and then all the Christian parents will say "No, they can not!" when Muslim families and Hindhu families and so forth say "Can our children be open about their faith in the schools, too"?

A lot of Christians in this nation seem to forget that America is the MOST DIVERSE nation in the world and that it is the biggest melting pot in the world and that this isn't the 1950s anymore.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:29   Link #25245
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
... logged in on facebook and then I saw this pic.

Spoiler for There's some cold, hard truth into this.
:
The only "cold, hard truth" in such a statement is that people are claiming that the victims and community bring these types of disasters on themselves. Like blaming a rape victim, that is a reprehensible thing to do.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:35   Link #25246
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I'm a very spiritual person, I'm a Christian, but putting God and religion into the schools...okay, which God? Which religion? Surely the people who want God in schools only want their God and their religion. So if they get their way, they'll probably allow concepts only for protestant and nondenominational Christians and they'll skirt around Catholic dogma. They won't allow Mormons ideas, nor Jewish concepts or Muslim concepts, and most certainly not those 'heathen' Buddhist, Hindhu, and Taoist concepts.
Don't forget about us!

Quote:
A lot of Christians in this nation seem to forget that America is the MOST DIVERSE nation in the world and that it is the biggest melting pot in the world and that this isn't the 1950s anymore.
It was dandy when said diversity was about minorities living in a wasp nation. Enter the 21st century, where wasp is the #1 minority (which might become second or third if asians or african-americans increase the output) and they are platinum mad about it and are looking for any excuse to make a tantrum.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:38   Link #25247
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Clinton sustains concussion; Benghazi testimony postponed
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8BE09Q20121215

Edit: Children Were Each Shot Multiple Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/ny...ad-in-all.html
Quote:
All of the children killed by a gunman at a Connecticut elementary school were shot multiple times, according to the state’s chief medical examiner, who said that it was worst scene he had witnessed in three decades examining crime scenes.
“This is a very devastating set of injuries,” said Dr. H. Wayne Carver II, the chief medical examiner for the state. He said that it appeared that all of the children had been killed by a long rifle that the gunman was carrying, one of several weapons police recovered from the school.
List of victims in Newtown school massacre
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...oting/1771765/

Last edited by ganbaru; 2012-12-15 at 17:21.
Old 2012-12-15, 19:39   Link #25248
flying ^

Quote:
So, do those stupid jerks from the westboro church plan to picket the funerals of children?

https://twitter.com/DearShirley/stat...53994124783618
https://twitter.com/MargieJPhelps/st...15437046104064
Old 2012-12-15, 21:06   Link #25249
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Whatever. Let them be the terrible people they are. They'll get what is coming to them. The westboro church people are marching towards afterlives where they will suffer.
Old 2012-12-15, 21:13   Link #25250
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Whatever. Let them be the terrible people they are. They'll get what is coming to them. The westboro church people are marching towards afterlives where they will suffer.
It would hardly give any reconfort to the family than have to go though their ''protest'', plus you have to belive in a afterlive.
Old 2012-12-15, 21:24   Link #25251
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
It would hardly give any reconfort to the family than have to go though their ''protest'', plus you have to belive in a afterlive.

Even if Connecticut bans them from entering the state (I hope they do, England banned them and prevented them from a protest and so did Canada), and even if they don't protest in front of people mourning for the Newtown shooting, they will still protest at other funerals, vigils, etc. in the future, they'll still sue people who threaten them*, they'll still bring more suffering into the world...they are terrible, terrible people. They really deserve to pay for it, and I believe in an afterlife, and I think they will eventually pay for all the suffering they've brought into the world.

*They get people very angry, provoke them, they threaten them or get aggressive with the westboro people, the jerks sue people, and win most times; they've made a lot of money this way over the years.
Old 2012-12-15, 21:29   Link #25252
GundamFan0083

The Westboro people are disgusting.
Old 2012-12-15, 21:32   Link #25253
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
The Westboro people are disgusting.
I just hope Connecticut prevents them from entering the state. I don't know if they can, though. Some other countries have been able to.
Old 2012-12-15, 21:41   Link #25254
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
I just hope Connecticut prevents them from entering the state. I don't know if they can, though. Some other countries have been able to.
Sadly you can't label someone from your own country persona non grata, at the very least I suppose it would need a constitution amendment.
Old 2012-12-15, 21:42   Link #25255
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'd rather they'd be wiped off the face of the Earth.

When the KKK thinks you're fucked up, that's saying a lot.
Old 2012-12-15, 21:44   Link #25256
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
When the KKK thinks you're fucked up, that's saying a lot.
Even Evil Has Standards
Old 2012-12-15, 22:11   Link #25257
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
They get people very angry, provoke them, they threaten them or get aggressive with the westboro people, the jerks sue people, and win most times; they've made a lot of money this way over the years.
This is the sole reason they exist. They're nothing but con men.
Old 2012-12-15, 22:46   Link #25258
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

C**ts.

Someday, a bunch of angry should beat the hell of this so-called church and run their pathetic excuse of an institution to the ground for all the bull they are spouting. Any form of "divine punishment" can be brought upon them and no one will weep about those pieces of trash.
Old 2012-12-15, 23:16   Link #25259
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
C**ts.

Someday, a bunch of angry should beat the hell of this so-called church and run their pathetic excuse of an institution to the ground for all the bull they are spouting. Any form of "divine punishment" can be brought upon them and no one will weep about those pieces of trash.
Naw.

I say a barrage of lighting strikes, or an errant meteorite on top of each of their head would be much more preferable.

Preferably capped off with a message delivered a la ah my goddess style that reads "Now THIS is divine punishment you assholes!"
Old 2012-12-15, 23:19   Link #25260
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Naw.

I say a barrage of lighting strikes, or an errant meteorite on top of each of their head would be much more preferable.

Preferably capped off with a message delivered a la ah my goddess style that reads "Now THIS is divine punishment you assholes!"
That would be nice though.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international