AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 23:12   Link #1661
Scarletknive
Meister

Night can help me with this mission?

Quote:
Warning! Unknown Character Songs approaching
Ally: Me and night_sentinel(Respective gundams)

Enemy: Current character songs' character units.

Boss: Unknown 1 and Unknown 2

Spoiler for Should I use spoiler for this?:
Old 2012-07-21, 02:18   Link #1662
night_sentinel

Hmmm... I wonder why they even bother putting unknown 1 and unknown 2 when the silhouette of the character is that distinctive - the boss figure is obviously our favorite innovator Toki and her partner.

By the way, are we getting other character songs beside the Achiga team and the 2 "unknown" songs like for example a Teru character song?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 04:19   Link #1663
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Hmmm... I wonder why they even bother putting unknown 1 and unknown 2 when the silhouette of the character is that distinctive - the boss figure is obviously our favorite innovator Toki and her partner.

By the way, are we getting other character songs beside the Achiga team and the 2 "unknown" songs like for example a Teru character song?
Don't know... Most likely those who never go to official site and see the pics are likely unable to guess out the answer.
And I know the answer to those 2, see if those people who have never gone to the official website know them well.

So now you have an Innovator Toki, should we have a Goddess version of Toki? *Scythe'd*

Don't know where to post-......... Oh wait thats a French kiss... Ryuuka!
Maybe will have all like the main Saki.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-07-21 at 05:25.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 07:31   Link #1664
Marina2

@Scarletknive

I have been wondering for a while. Why do you call Toki the "innovator"?
Old 2012-07-21, 09:05   Link #1665
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Because the way her eyes glowing like an Innovator (From Gundam 00) when she does her future sight?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 09:17   Link #1666
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
@Scarletknive

I have been wondering for a while. Why do you call Toki the "innovator"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
Because the way her eyes glowing like an Innovator (From Gundam 00) when she does her future sight?
There is your answer.

Also, note how her 3 turns ahead in the anime looks like.(The 2nd time she uses it.) If you put Veda in 00 Raiser, you get that.
Old 2012-07-27, 14:32   Link #1667
Serperior

Lol, I'm liking this change. It seems more faithful to the manga. I hope that in Saki season 2, they don't downgrade Hatsumi and Kasumi's fanservice antics.

Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 17:06   Link #1668
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Lol, I'm liking this change. It seems more faithful to the manga. I hope that in Saki season 2, they don't downgrade Hatsumi and Kasumi's fanservice antics.

thats really how it should be. But if they do get a season 2 imo no way does Hatsumi's stuff not get downgraded. In a lot panels i remember you practically see her " downstairs stuff" and almost every panel her flat chest is shown.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 17:44   Link #1669
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
boy bare chest - NP
flat loli girl chest, which is even less sticking out - INSTANT BAN
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 04:38   Link #1670
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
thats really how it should be. But if they do get a season 2 imo no way does Hatsumi's stuff not get downgraded. In a lot panels i remember you practically see her " downstairs stuff" and almost every panel her flat chest is shown.
I agree Hatsumi looks better in the BD version.

Oh ... I just want to share Saki pro card series that a very nice person has pointed out to me on /u/.

Fujita Yasuko
Saku Ferreters
Age 25 June 25 in Nagano Prefecture
Yumifuri - Okayama - Toyama - Saku

Became Pro after success in Intercollegiate and Business Leagues. Oftentimes sortied as a Captain when her team is losing.

Now on Wakane pro:

Mihirogi Uta
Yokohama Lodestars
Age 24
Birthday is February 23 in Kanagawa Prefecture
Myoukouji - Yokohama

"The RBI King that led the team to first place with overwhelming firepower and gamebreaking Golden Hands. Currently the Vanguard of the All-Japan Team"

Credits to the translation goes to /u/ anons.

Comment on the cards:
So apparently Fujita-pro earned her nickname reversal queen because she usually is deployed when her team is losing as captain and judging from her nickname she is usually able to turn the situation around.

On Wakane... oh wow... she's apparently the Vanguard of the all-star Japan team. That means our airheaded Wakane is really really strong.
I do wonder what gamebreaking golden hands is , yakuman spam anyone?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 05:08   Link #1671
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wait, how can Fujita be considered short when she's 170 cm tall!

By comparison, Uta is tiny. As in Shana from Shakugan-no-Shana tiny!
Old 2012-07-28, 06:20   Link #1672
Sumeragi
Banned

Who ever said Fujita was short?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 07:08   Link #1673
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
That means our airheaded Wakane is really really strong.
WAKANNE STRONG !

My bet that her yakuman is suuanko or something

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 13:37   Link #1674
dingmajiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Comment on the cards:
So apparently Fujita-pro earned her nickname reversal queen because she usually is deployed when her team is losing as captain and judging from her nickname she is usually able to turn the situation around.

On Wakane... oh wow... she's apparently the Vanguard of the all-star Japan team. That means our airheaded Wakane is really really strong.
Hmm, I always thought Fujita-pro's skill was just winning the last round, thus the title "wrap-up queen, makuri no jouou" but I guess she also can wrap up winning the game from losing, like how she reversed her game with Saki and Nodoka from losing to winning..

Speaking of Mihirogi-pro.. I don't think it should be RBI king.. Being a vanguard, the key is leading off, like how lead-off hitter do in Baseball.. They get on base and let the cleanup bat them in.. So it should be the battling average king rather than RBI king.. But the Jap word does write RBI though.. I wonder why?

I like Mihirogi-pro as a commentator more than Kokaji-pro personally.. Her voice actress was absolutely AWESOME.. Can we have a Saki Pro-hen? LOL..

@night_sentinel are there other cards you can find??

edit: http://yaranakya.wordpress.com/2012/...-matsumi-kuro/

I didn't know Matsumi Kuro discard upside down.. WOW.. And I realised that Matsumi Yuu does the same thing in the anime as well..

Last edited by dingmajiao; 2012-07-28 at 14:18.
dingmajiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 14:38   Link #1675
teja208
Critical fanboy

It would be great if Saki turns pro whe she's older, but as color commentator I think Nodoka might be more suited for the task.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 14:47   Link #1676
Key Board
Carbon

I think "Cat Chamber" might be a reference to Shroedinger's Cat

Is the cat alive or not? Can we open the box? Will that kill the cat?

WAKANNE!!
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 10:37   Link #1677
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingmajiao View Post
Hmm, I always thought Fujita-pro's skill was just winning the last round, thus the title "wrap-up queen, makuri no jouou" but I guess she also can wrap up winning the game from losing, like how she reversed her game with Saki and Nodoka from losing to winning..

Speaking of Mihirogi-pro.. I don't think it should be RBI king.. Being a vanguard, the key is leading off, like how lead-off hitter do in Baseball.. They get on base and let the cleanup bat them in.. So it should be the battling average king rather than RBI king.. But the Jap word does write RBI though.. I wonder why?

I like Mihirogi-pro as a commentator more than Kokaji-pro personally.. Her voice actress was absolutely AWESOME.. Can we have a Saki Pro-hen? LOL..

@night_sentinel are there other cards you can find??

edit: http://yaranakya.wordpress.com/2012/...-matsumi-kuro/

I didn't know Matsumi Kuro discard upside down.. WOW.. And I realised that Matsumi Yuu does the same thing in the anime as well..
Look at the nan at episode 12 of the anime.(Hate to bring this up to manga.) See her discarding that. (I think the manga did show before though... I did not read the past chapters.)
But then, whats the reason of discarding upside down? Reading more easily to me can't be the only reason right?

Spoiler for Q. What if you fight people with stealth ability? And one being Toki (Stealth ability ver.)?:
Old 2012-07-31, 14:23   Link #1678
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

A triple ron is automatically converted to a draw in some rulesets though.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 19:11   Link #1679
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
A triple ron is automatically converted to a draw in some rulesets though.
Well, yeah, but I think I hardly heard of this happening in Saki though...
Old 2012-07-31, 22:34   Link #1680
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
You know, at first I thought that a few things didn't add up (with regards to both Sukoya and Akado), especially when it came to their match "ten years ago".

As we know, Sukoya is rather sensitive about her age (especially in Biyori and Otona no Maki), which I assume is around her early-to-mid thirties. However, if we deduct ten years from that, wouldn't that put her around her early twenties instead? That's way too old to have competed in the High School Interhigh (and if anything, she should have been competing either in the Collegiate level or semi-professionally at that point), for both Sukoya and Harue.

Then I remembered that "ten years ago" was back when Nodoka and the Achiga girls were in elementary (with Kuro being the only middle-schooler in the Children's Mahjong club). When you add in the years since that time (at least five years), then things start to make sense again.

That said... This pretty much kills the theory that Sukoya and Harue played against Fujita and Uta, as the latter two have recently been revealed to be (currently) 24 years old, meaning that they wouldn't even be in High School during the former two's time (three if we count Akasaka from Himematsu).

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri