AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-10-21, 03:44   Link #1
Honoakari
Lurking Member

Rance X (ランス10)

It's finally here, gentlemen. The tenth game of the Rance series is scheduled to be released on 2018-02-23.

The official site (Japan only) has been updated. Trailer can be found here.
Old 2017-10-21, 11:05   Link #2
dragon1412

so it's finally have a site huh, the last of Rance Series, wondering if TADA will retire after this ??? The Rance series might end, but I still want some successors series at least
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 18:03   Link #3
chaosprophet

The hype can't be contained. Now to survive with it for 4 months.

Honoakari, if you're linking the Japanese version of the PV, then better to link the version posted on Alicesoft official YouTube channel? There is also a version with English subtitles by a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
so it's finally have a site huh, the last of Rance Series, wondering if TADA will retire after this ??? The Rance series might end, but I still want some successors series at least
TADA just reached 50 recently, but still seems like he wants to keep making eroges for a long time.
Old 2017-10-22, 02:35   Link #4
Honoakari
Lurking Member

I've been waiting for this game for many, many years. Perhaps ever since I found out about the Rance series, way back in 2011?

Sadly, I'll probably be too busy to play it immediately after release. Maybe in a few months or so...

And once Rance 04 remake gets released too, I'm planning to marathon the entire series. Starting with 01 remake and finishing with the glorious Rance 10.
Old 2017-10-22, 05:44   Link #5
chaosprophet

While I can't say I've been waiting for Rance X specifically when IX wasn't even out, I have been interested in the series since a bit before Quest release, and been hyped about it since I played III on the second half of 2013 and proceeded to marathon the series all the way to Quest + 01 in a couple of months.

It was a great time to become a Rance fan as 2014 had IX and then 2015 had 03. But after came this long wait for X which is finally coming to an end.

So far with the info we got it looks like X will easily be my favorite game of the series and possibly one of my favorite overall. It seems they went all out in many aspects like going Full HD, over 200 characters with tons of playable ones, a huge script, etc.

If there is one disappointment for me is it having no voices. In one hand I think the game would still be great nonetheless, plus I loved IX and VI even without them. On the other hand, after playing 03, I just think the game would be even greater if it had them. It adds another dimension to the dialogue and story.

Some info resources for the game:

The Alicesoft wikia entry on X has an updated list of all characters confirmed through all material we got so far.

For those who can't access the official website, this image has a list of all characters divided by the same sections as they are in the site and in the same order. Notice many characters are, for now, just a silhouette in the site. Albeit many are pretty recognizable and some we already got confirmation from somewhere else.

The Alicesoft official blog and twitter are also a place to keep an eye into for info.

Moomin's twitter account is another place to keep an eye on. He is the head of their debugging team and have been giving us some small tidbits of info here and then.
Old 2017-10-22, 11:01   Link #6
dragon1412

frankly, is it just me or Kaybliss look way too cool
Old 2017-10-22, 12:06   Link #7
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
frankly, is it just me or Kaybliss look way too cool
I agree.

I really liked all the demons redesigns. They're all looking quite cool.

EDIT: Some blog pots on Alicesoft so far that talks about the system:

The Current Projects Development Report back from August did give us a bit of insight in how that board like map works.

The Rance Petit Info Leak Station 2 told us about how party composition and stats work in 10.

The recent Rance Petit Info Leak Station 3 teaches us about the war simulation part of the game.

And now the Rance Petit Info Leak Station 4, talks about the Quest Screen.

Rance Petit Info Leak Station 5 talks more about the battle system.

Rance Petit Info Leak Station 6 talks about how you obtain and how you raise characters.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2017-11-14 at 04:28.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-07, 04:46   Link #8
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Shit.... can't wait to play this...
Old 2018-02-23, 06:55   Link #9
mickbis

The game out today

normal battle song has been uploaded already !!
and it damn awesome
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 08:22   Link #10
dragon1412

1st few hours of gameplay impression:
- the system seem cool at first, but when I played around 2 hours into the game, the gameplay isn't seem that good anymore, it is still considerable better when you compare to most eroge, but when compare to RanceIX or Quest, Rance 10 fell short a lot.

- The CG seem weird, like many people on 4ch said, they give us girls we actually never even dream of, but at the same time. don't have girl that we are actually expect to have, or just have a miniscule of scene, some girl don't even have CG or scene. Lia and magic got sidelined completely. Mill doesn't seem to appear. Shizuka and Maria got appear in 1 scene. Reset is sidelined. many of my personal waiting like La Vaswald, Hornet, Feliss,.... seem irrelevant as hell, especially Hornet, I mean, I don't have much expect from other girls, but Hornet was literally the leader of the opposing faction, and we only get her in the very very end of the game from people words, and I played hours and still only get 1 single scene of her binded, which reinforce the fact that getting her would be very late into the game. Many girls like Rizna actually only got bad end CG, no normal CG. The amount of CG itself seem lacking.

- The game is actually quite short, at the very least, I played for 3-4 hours at most and I'm pretty sure I could reach 3/4 of the story already. I won't talk about replay value for now since I'm not reached the end yet, but considering the time spend, I'd not put this on the same level as Rance quest or IX, much less Sengoku. For what I see, the replay value doesn't seem good

- The music is amazing. The plotline seem ok. But too less interaction with girls. Too limited in choice as well. You can't customizing your characters like the previous game either. Again, the gameplay is actually quite limited. You can only leveling, level up your base, unlock more char, switch char and .... that's it. The fact that the game itself is pretty linear doesn't help either.

Overall, I still think it's a good game, but for my expectation of grand finale and all those teasing, the game isn't quite up to it, especially the fact that recent Rance series game from Sengoku to IX have been very outstanding.
Old 2018-02-23, 15:34   Link #11
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

2 question

1. did Rance ntr miki form Kentaro?
2. Did Rance become the new demon king?
Old 2018-02-23, 19:10   Link #12
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

1.Yes, I guess. I just saw Rance cg, there h scene... With Miki... I'm sure it's Rance, because his muscular body and his dick is big...
Also Kentaro seems dead... As Miki's memories starting change from Kentaro to Rance... I
2.Hell Yes!!!
Old 2018-02-23, 20:54   Link #13
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

poor kid, looks like he died a virgin and has his childhood friend ntr by a rapist.
Old 2018-02-23, 21:09   Link #14
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
2 question

1. did Rance ntr miki form Kentaro?
2. Did Rance become the new demon king?
Spoiler for spoil:
Old 2018-02-23, 21:18   Link #15
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

We got Kouhime h scene but.... Many girls didn't get their h scene...
Old 2018-02-23, 21:24   Link #16
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
We got Kouhime h scene but.... Many girls didn't get their h scene...
not just H scene, the amount of CG itself seem pretty low. The CG with Kaybliss and his history with demon king is nice though. we are actually see Avel and Kkulf Kkulf
Old 2018-02-23, 21:28   Link #17
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Yeah, I thought we'll get many cg... But this.... Hah~
Or this is just Alicesoft plan and they will release expansion dlc like Rance quest...

Last edited by Ruki0089; 2018-02-23 at 21:48.
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 22:20   Link #18
mickbis

At least Demon King Rance look cool
Spoiler for Rance Demon King:

and Rance's childs party look pretty good as well
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 23:44   Link #19
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I'm sure this game is incomplete!
Old 2018-02-24, 00:10   Link #20
runset

Played this game non-stop and already cleared it 4 times and all bad ending. Basically alicesoft forced you to watch the bad ending first and you can only watch the proper good or normal end when you start with the new game+.

I am satisfied with the gameplay and story but it need more cg. hope there will be a magnum version of this game.
runset is offline   Reply With Quote