Notices

Old 2018-08-20, 15:03   Link #41
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHT View Post
for those people who curious were that jojo pose poster came from
http://my-kid-could-paint-that.blogs...ine-women.html
Oh okay. So I guess it was retarded for a reason rather than retarded for no reason.

Better than nothing, I guess. And here I was thinking whoever was responsible ought to be sentenced to a firing squad. On the weight of this evidence however, I reckon life imprisonment would be a fairer sentence.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 06:29   Link #42
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh okay. So I guess it was retarded for a reason rather than retarded for no reason.

Better than nothing, I guess. And here I was thinking whoever was responsible ought to be sentenced to a firing squad. On the weight of this evidence however, I reckon life imprisonment would be a fairer sentence.
uh, what!!?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-21, 11:17   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

He's just kidding about the punishment (I hope ).
Old 2018-08-24, 18:44   Link #44
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
who created that weird poster?? If you didn't tell me it was real I would have it thought it was a prank by someone The first thing appears in my mind is that twister game also XD

Man, watching gundam trailer is so tiring because you have to stop frame by frame

From what I see in the trailer...
1. meteor rip-off (disclaimer I am sort of a uc fan also but this is too obvious)
2. Jesta sniper type??
3. What is Dijeh doing here?? Well, if nemo is good for uc 0096, then I guess Dijeh is as well (and I don't mind a hguc...)
4. I see a transform atmosphere use mobile grunt suit in space?? (or could be on Earth at night..)
5. Mineva in Zeon uniform...not really surprising as poor Zeon is currently in a state that anyone with a slight connection with Zeon's history is good to lead . But where is her bf?

Mineva is the last of the Zabi family so she has a legit claim. ZZ gundam pretty much set up Mineva as heritery heir to Neo Zeon. Thank Haman Khan for that.

I love the Jesta, more Jesta types is great news to me. I love using the little sucker in SRW V. A grunt mecha that can kick some butt. (Even though its more a special forces mecha).

To think that UC gundam was pretty much dead in the water just a few years ago. Thank you Gundam Unicorn for reviving interest in the UC timeline.
Old 2018-08-27, 11:09   Link #45
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Mineva is the last of the Zabi family so she has a legit claim. ZZ gundam pretty much set up Mineva as heritery heir to Neo Zeon. Thank Haman Khan for that.
It depends on which camp you fall into, really. The Neo Zeons for the most part operated under the Zabi banner indeed. However, one could argue that since the Zabis derived their legitimacy from Zeon Zum Deikun, the true heir to Zeon is actually descendants of Deikun himself, the very fact which Char had used to lead the Axis Zeons and to distinguish themselves from their past "iterations".

All of this does make for an interesting observation in Gundam Unicorn, in regards to whether Audrey/Minerva merely served as a figure head (as she'd seemingly always had) for the Sleeves, while Full Frontal was the one who held de facto, even de jure, control over the remnant via inferences of him being the Second Coming of Char, the truth of his actual background notwithstanding.

So the point being, if we were to trace back the lineages to determine who should be the true legit heir to the Neo Zeons, it might as well be Sayla at this point!
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-27, 11:48   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
So the point being, if we were to trace back the lineages to determine who should be the true legit heir to the Neo Zeons, it might as well be Sayla at this point!
Meanwhile, Sayla is just chilling in a beach somewhere with Judau's sister, Leina .
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-08-27, 22:52   Link #47
wissenschaft

Sayla was smart and gave up her heritage for freedom from the insanity that is the neo zeon vs Fed conflict.
Old 2018-08-28, 07:13   Link #48
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
METEOR itself is just a ripoff of the Dendrobium Orchis anyway,
- INB4 someone blows a vein and starts screaming about how the Plan 303E Deep Striker predates them all

namely me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor
Is there anyone else thinking the body-positions of the characters in the poster look a bit odd?
- I'd criticize...but then again, I'm the guy who works on Gunpla and fanfiction while stone dead drunk on vodka, so I probably am in no position to...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 12:29   Link #49
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Meanwhile, Sayla is just chilling in a beach somewhere with Judau's sister, Leina .
Images
Quote:
Sayla was smart and gave up her heritage for freedom from the insanity that is the neo zeon vs Fed conflict.
This made me realise, Mineva could've left this whole Neo Zeon business (just how many uprisings does it take to kill them all...?) and enjoyed a nice beach vacay with Sayla... and Leina, too, if she must come.

All it takes is a beach episode featuring Mineva and Sayla, and the Neo Zeons would happily stay in their little asteroid rather than charge at the Feddies while crying "Neo Zeon bansai!"
Old 2018-08-28, 12:46   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
This made me realise, Mineva could've left this whole Neo Zeon business (just how many uprisings does it take to kill them all...?) and enjoyed a nice beach vacay with Sayla... and Leina, too, if she must come.

All it takes is a beach episode featuring Mineva and Sayla, and the Neo Zeons would happily stay in their little asteroid rather than charge at the Feddies while crying "Neo Zeon bansai!"
Well, what can you do. Mineva was raised by Haman for a good portion of her childhood life and then the (Neo) Zeon remnants/Sleeves took care of her. Understandably, she'd feel more attachment and responsibility towards her people, unlike Sayla whose life had been screwed by both conflicting parties. It's much easier for Sayla/Artesia to just let go of it all than for Mineva.
Old 2018-08-28, 20:23   Link #51
justavisitor

Haven't watched origin yet (and technically speaking, I heard origin and 0079 are different?), but does Mineva know it was her family who assassinated Zeon Deikum in the first place? Mineva probably is still thinking her family is the rightful ruler to rule the Zeon...

I think Sunrise is trying to make Mineva into Cecily Fairchild 2.0 (and they also look alike XD) , but the difference is that the loyal uc fans definitely have more attachment towards Mineva rather than Cecily, therefore making Mineva to be a more successful character. Perhaps Sunrise should have opted to use Mineva instead back then when they created F91, but unicorn novel didn't exist at that time , and ppl were probably tired of UC at that moment, hence the big time jump
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 22:50   Link #52
wissenschaft

By chars counterattack, everyone knows who char is and what hes done. He just keeps going by the name Char for the same reason Full Frontal masquerades as char or the second coming of char. Hes become a symbol and legend more than a person by that point.

Haman Khan is the one who created the neo zeon movement and at its core is restoring the zabi family as royal heirs of Zeon. But this works much the same way as the emperors in feudal japan. The military leaders are the real power in charge while the royal family is more a symbolic figurehead. This is not to say that these royal familys don't have powerful influence but rather that the government and military answer to the military leader. That would be why Haman Khan, Char, and Full Frontal have been directly leading neo zeon and not Minerva.
Old 2018-08-28, 22:53   Link #53
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Haven't watched origin yet (and technically speaking, I heard origin and 0079 are different?),
Origin-manga is different from MSG, but Origin-anime fits more into the MSG.

Quote:
but does Mineva know it was her family who assassinated Zeon Deikum in the first place? Mineva probably is still thinking her family is the rightful ruler to rule the Zeon...
Most likely, yes, she knows. As you can see in Gundam Unicorn during the bargaining scene between Full Frontal and the Nahel Argama crew (who held Mineva hostage) via audio-only radio contact, Mineva made a comment that if Full Frontal is indeed Char/Casval then he has all the rights to let her die right there and then continue to lead the Sleeves by himself considering the history between the Zabi & Deikun families.
Old 2018-08-29, 01:33   Link #54
Helius

Char was not afraid to make his feelings publicly known, even to Zabi loyalists.

Images

Hard to say if he cared much for Mineva at all, but he certainly had no love for the way the Zabi line, particularly a little girl like Mineva, had been reduced to and exploited by usurpers like Haman.
Old 2018-08-29, 01:43   Link #55
wissenschaft

Quote:
Char was not afraid to make his feelings publicly known, even to Zabi loyalists.

Images

Hard to say if he cared much for Mineva at all, but he certainly had no love for the way the Zabi line, particularly a little girl like Mineva, had been reduced to and exploited by usurpers like Haman.
Actually, from watching Zeta Gundam, I take it Char spared Mineva. When he meet Mineva (or her body double) and Haman Khan, he seemed quite upset by her being used as a puppet. At least as much as having the zabi family restored to power. By the end of 0079 gundam, hes pretty much gotten over his revenge. She was just a kid and while Char is many great and horrible things, a child killer is not one of them.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-09-10 at 17:27.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-29, 02:15   Link #56
Skye629

Quote:
Actually, from watching Zeta Gundam, I take it Char spared Mineva. When he meat Mineva (or her body double) and Haman Khan, he seemed quite upset by her being used as a puppet. At least as much as having the zabi family restored to power. By the end of 0079 gundam, hes pretty much gotten over his revenge. She was just a kid and while Char is many great and horrible things, a child killer is not one of them.
Pretty sure dropping that first asteroid on Earth in CCA's first act killed quite a few children :P
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-29, 02:29   Link #57
Helius

Quote:
Actually, from watching Zeta Gundam, I take it Char spared Mineva. When he meat Mineva (or her body double) and Haman Khan, he seemed quite upset by her being used as a puppet. At least as much as having the zabi family restored to power. By the end of 0079 gundam, hes pretty much gotten over his revenge. She was just a kid and while Char is many great and horrible things, a child killer is not one of them.
In Char's mind, he'd rather the whole Zabi family go out in a spectacular blaze of poetic justice, which was pretty much what he got.

But as he developed into a staunch idealist to pursue his father's ideals (as one does, having fulfilled one's vengeance ), it must've been quite sad indeed for him to see the spacenoids vesting what faith they had left on anything that might remind them of past glories, for faint hopes of a better future.

All the more sad wasn't so much the revival of the Zabis, but that the object they placed their hopes on was a self-serving power grabber (Haman) who saw no qualms about capitalising on that glorious promise (Mineva-->Zabi -->"Sieg Zeon!") solely for her own benefit, which prompted Char to take matters into his own hands which led to CCA, and by extension influenced Full Frontal's motivations in Gundam Unicorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Pretty sure dropping that first asteroid on Earth in CCA's first act killed quite a few children :P
What the eyes don't see, doesn't exist.
Old 2018-08-29, 07:23   Link #58
Tenzen12

Hmm, so I guess I will have to finish Unicorn to get context fo this new UC gundam. I can't say I am happy about it as I found unicorn incredibly stupid and never undestood why it's refered as masterpiece.

Yeah I know I will be probably rocked by everyone now, but I can't help myself...
Old 2018-08-29, 12:53   Link #59
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

UC in general is stupid, so you're fine.
Old 2018-08-29, 13:17   Link #60
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I doubt there'd be much flak now. Last I watched Unicorn was four years ago: I personally found Unicorn fun, and people can enjoy/not enjoy whatever the heck they chose to. No fight to be had here today, or any other day!