AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-11-12, 07:18   Link #13781
Rosiero

I don't really follow how the misanthrope who wants to fuck her brother has "less baggage" than Stella... :P
Rosiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 11:16   Link #13782
Lucidrago

Hey guys! I forgot this forum even exists.

So my guess is that Tsukikage and Rinna's father are going to reveal to Carter that the Tyrant has been dead for a while now and there's no use hiding it now that Rebellion's HQ and most of its forces probably have been destroyed due to Or-Gaule's betrayal. And with the death of two of the League's strongest Blazers(Cario and Iris) during the representative war, a war etween the League and Union is very imminent. Can't wait to see American Psychics besides Carter and Raab.

And then a timeskip of a year where Ikki has fully recovered and they had him, Stella, Shizuku, and Alice graduate early from Hagun so they can fight in the war against Union.

And Ouma becomes a Desperado and Tohka and Yudai are promoted to A-rank after training their abilities.

But Ikki's new moniker really suits him. 'Sword God' sounds much better than 'Worst One.'

And does anyone find it weird that Stella and Ikki were kissing while Ikki was in his child form when Stella's parents walked in?

But really I want to see Ikki compete in the God of War tournament along with Yudai and Ouma for some reason.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-11-21 at 11:40.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-21, 12:23   Link #13783
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I completely agree with you.

I did find it kind of strange that they kissed with Ikki as a kid, but it's not that bad.
Old 2018-11-21, 19:46   Link #13784
Lucidrago

I still don't like the whole 'Stella becoming a Desperado' thing. As it just totally makes Desperados invincible against any Blazer that's not a Desperado. I just find it disappointing that they have painted Stella as this once-in-a-lifetime exceptional Blazer who entered Hagun Academy as an A-rank which has been unheard of. Even Kurono wasn't an A-rank when she entered Hagun as a first year.

The series has just always painted Stella as this Blazer who had a whole mountain's worth of potential and had only just started reaching it. So it seems like she's a Blazer that fate just loves.

But then she has to become a Desperado. Instead of having her overcome Desperados with all the potential she already has, she becomes a Desperado for apparently no reason at all and it's made even worse when Nene said that Naseem in his demon form has as much mana as Stella. So with Stella's monstrous mana reserves and her talent, I don't understand why she needed to become a Desperado. Ikki becoming a Desperado, you can understand. But Stella?

Well I just think I'm judging the series too harshly so maybe I need to wait until I read it to get a clearer understanding.

But her achieving Desperado status and then achieving Excessive Awakening just doesn't make sense to me at all.
Old 2018-11-22, 07:57   Link #13785
AP24

Stella's mana is said to be the highest in the League only. Naseem and Or-Gaule had more mana than Stella before she became a Desperado. Most Desperados can only be defeated by another so it was actually necessary for her to become a Desperado. Moreover those that achieved Excessive Awakening are too much for even a normal Desperado.

The League may have lost two of their strongest Blazers but Ikki and Stella possess strength that can replace the amount of power the League has lost. So I wouldn't worry about the League being overwhelmed.

Since early in the series I wanted to see Ikki being acknowledged as one of the strongest Blazers in the world and it has been mostly fulfilled. Now I want to see Ikki becoming one of the most influential people in the world. He's already starting to gain political power after his engagement with Stella is official and after receiving the support of Levi Ascarid. I'm curious which influential person will give support to him next.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 10:08   Link #13786
Lucidrago

Actually during Nene's and Naseem's fight, she stated that Naseem's mana reserves had surpassed Stella's when he went into Excessive Awakening. And she even stated that Stella's mana reserves were supposedly the highest in the League of Mage-Knight Nations. And supposing that includes Blazers like Arthur Bright and Iris, that's a whole lot of mana if you think about it.

Well Ikki is strong but he really isn't that strong of a Blazer considering he barely qualifies as one. Why do you think he's still a F-rank? True the League's standards can't properly judge him as they largely are judging Blazers by their magic abilities, mana capacity, mana control, and how well they use them. That's why Shizuku was just recently promoted to A-rank. But Ikki's main style of attack is his swordsmanship which any human can do even if Ikki is the god of swordsmen. But his magic ability is just a simple one that multiplies his power which any Blazer can do by just applying mana to their body.

I'm over Stella becoming a Desperado now. But still it felt way too soon for someone of her power and potential.

Ikki will get support from the League's Japanese Branch AKA the Father of the Year.

But I'm guessing that Carter probably has a body enhancement magic ability and it's like the most powerful one in the world of its type. Like his ability allows him to have Herculean strength, insane speed, and crazy durability. I'm just guessing here but I would like to see that.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-11-22 at 10:32.
Old 2018-11-22, 11:05   Link #13787
AP24

Ikki is already established as one of the strongest in the League now. I'd say he would currently rank around 5th strongest in the League and in the Top 20 in the entire world.

I doubt Ikki will get support from the League's Japan Branch as long as it's mostly under the control of the Kurogane family. But he might be able to get support from some people in the Japanese government.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 11:26   Link #13788
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Ikki is already established as one of the strongest in the League now. I'd say he would currently rank around 5th strongest in the League and in the Top 20 in the entire world.

I doubt Ikki will get support from the League's Japan Branch as long as it's mostly under the control of the Kurogane family. But he might be able to get support from some people in the Japanese government.
At this point, not supporting Ikki at least nominally would only make the Kurogane family look bad, considering Ikki is now famous internationally and has the support of important League members from other nations like Levi.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 13:56   Link #13789
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: I'm with AP24 on Ikki's power and where he ranks. He's a F-rank knight just because his mana capacity is F-rank. His mana control rose as a result of his training under Edelweiss and he can now stay consciousness for longer after using Ittou Shura/Rasetsu and is also able to keep the mana in those forms contained inside his body and under his control. Ittou Shura/Rasetsu are also much more powerful than before.

If Stella just has the highest amount of mana in the League, I guess that makes it more acceptable how she became a Desperado so soon. But that's just one aspect. I still can't get over how it was being said in Volume 9 that Stella hasn't even gotten anywhere near reaching the peak of her growth, and how the author just turned around and made her undergo Brute Soul so soon afterwards. Since it was established that a Blazer needs to have already reached his/her peak before he/she can undergo Brute Soul, since it's basically them breaking through their limits and defying fate. If Stella's limits were still so far away, how come she reached them so easily? She didn't even do much work while she was on Edelburgh, she just fought a bunch of small fry and then fought Xiaoli and that was enough.
Old 2018-11-22, 14:30   Link #13790
Tyrant Ruler

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post

I kind of agree with you that itsuki might not support ikki but doesn't that makes him look very bad ikki has already overshadowed of the kuragane family at this point, now his already recognise by the League. So now the table has turned on itsuki pretty ironic would you agree
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 14:56   Link #13791
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Ruler View Post
I kind of agree with you that itsuki might not support ikki but doesn't that makes him look very bad ikki has already overshadowed of the kuragane family at this point, now his already recognise by the League. So now the table has turned on itsuki pretty ironic would you agree
Not necessarily as Ikki is still a F-rank knight. In terms of swordsmanship and physical ability, he has no equal, he still barely qualifies as a Mage-Knight according to League standards even if he is a god among swordsmen. Even if he's a Desperado, his magic ability hasn't changed even if he can now control his mana more efficiently. But as Kurono said, Ikki can't be properly evaluated by the League's ranking system.

Ikki has been recognized since he defeated Tonka and then went on to become the Seven Stars Sword King.
Old 2018-11-22, 15:37   Link #13792
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Not necessarily as Ikki is still a F-rank knight. In terms of swordsmanship and physical ability, he has no equal, he still barely qualifies as a Mage-Knight according to League standards even if he is a god among swordsmen. Even if he's a Desperado, his magic ability hasn't changed even if he can now control his mana more efficiently. But as Kurono said, Ikki can't be properly evaluated by the League's ranking system.

Ikki has been recognized since he defeated Tonka and then went on to become the Seven Stars Sword King.
you forgot one thing it doesn't really l matter if his a rank f anymore, nene herself pointed that out ikki just beat the rank 4 in the League and the said that he has been recognized has one of the strongest blazer in the League by the League , whether he had mana or not can't stop him anymore , Japan Branch and the kurogane family can't touch that guy anymore. Plus beating yudai and iris is for more impressive than beating touka. So anyone saying he barely qualifies as a knight because of the rank F is just whatever now since the same league said his one of their strongest blazer right now. Beating iris elevated him higher than the Seven Stars Sword art festival.

Last edited by Tyrant Ruler; 2018-11-22 at 16:35.
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 15:54   Link #13793
DanielSong39

I want Ikki to marry Stella and have a very affectionate sibling relationship with Shizuku. Am I being too greedy?

Part of me wants him to become King and part of me wants him to become free and independent. I'm 50-50 on that one...

Well as long as he hooks up with Stella and he doesn't get pushed around by his parents or in-laws I'll be happy enough.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 16:09   Link #13794
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: Yeah, as Tyrant Ruler pointed out, Nene said that his rank no longer matters since he defeated Iris just now who was ranked 4th in the League. The League's system can't rank him properly so he's outside their ranking system. But that very same League now admits that he's one of their strongest. So yeah, his rank being F doesn't matter anymore.

@DanielSong: I'm all for him marrying Stella, but I'd rather his relationship with his sister remain normal.
Old 2018-11-22, 17:23   Link #13795
Lord Kai

Okay, it seems that people don't understand how Stella became a Desperado so soon so I will explain it the best way I can.

Yes, we've heard many times that Stella has insane potential but I think what people are not taking into account is Stella's growth rate. Stella is considered out of norm genius so naturally her growth rate is much faster than normal. As compared to Ikki, who had to go through many tough battles, Stella didn't have to go through many because of her fast growth rate. This is why for example Stella became so absurdly strong from her training with Nene. At first she was weaker than Ouma but became stronger than him with just a week of training with Nene.

Stella was reaching her limits so fast when she goes through major tough battles. My guess is Stella was already close to reaching her limits when she awakened "Dragon Spirit" since that was the core of what she was as a blazor and she reached that level from her training with Nene. Stella's growth further climbed in her battle against Ikki during their climax. Remember that after Ikki became a Desperado, Stella pushed herself even further to evolve. In case people forgot.

["Towards Stella’s power, Kurono was also speechless. That’s right. Ikki had certainly overcome his limit. Overcoming limit, triumphing over the common sense, …it was the moment she felt that the match would come to an end. Yet Stella had sent such light expectations flying. In order to surpass Ikki who had overcome his limit, she had to evolve herself further."]

Then there's the matter of Stella's training on mountain. Yes, her opponents were small fries but you people were missing the point of that training. Stella needed to learn how to conserve how power and not waste it. What she needed to learn was control. And yes, that also helps her gets stronger and finally her battle against Xiaoli. Stella at that point had reached her limits due to her fast growth rate and needed a major battle to push through her limits altogether and that's where Xiaoli came in.

In conclusion, Stella didn't become a desperado because of just a single battle. It was a variety of factors and multiple tough battles. Her battle with Xiaoli was the catalyst that she needed to break through to becoming a Desperado.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 17:41   Link #13796
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I can agree with almost all of that, but you miss one important point there. In the fight against Ikki, there was a point where, in one minute, they covered many years' worth of growth. With that one minute, Ikki had already reached his limit, whereas for Stella it was stated that she hadn't even reached the base of the mountain that represented her potential (remember that analogy Ikki made where he compared their potential as Blazers to a mountain?). And it was also said that her mountain was very large, the top being very, very far away. So what I don't get is why she reached the top of the mountain so soon after that. She wasn't even at the base even after that one minute where she improved so much while fighting Ikki.
Old 2018-11-22, 17:54   Link #13797
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I can agree with almost all of that, but you miss one important point there. In the fight against Ikki, there was a point where, in one minute, they covered many years' worth of growth. With that one minute, Ikki had already reached his limit, whereas for Stella it was stated that she hadn't even reached the base of the mountain that represented her potential (remember that analogy Ikki made where he compared their potential as Blazers to a mountain?). And it was also said that her mountain was very large, the top being very, very far away. So what I don't get is why she reached the top of the mountain so soon after that. She wasn't even at the base even after that one minute where she improved so much while fighting Ikki.
I think that was just a ploy to overhyped Stella. Remember that Stella was once stated to have the highest mana quantity in the world but it was changed to she has the highest in the league. The world and the league is a big difference.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-22, 19:19   Link #13798
DragonOsman
Dragon King

One could even say that the author changed his mind. Authors tend to do that. But I'll leave it at that here.
Old 2018-11-22, 20:51   Link #13799
KnightShade

One side of the argument is that the base of the mountain line was simply hype, the other is that this line makes stella’s awakening and the very concept in itself feel cheep. Neither side of the argument is going to convince the other as this topic has been done to death for months. The reality is it doesnt matter either way because the end result is the same; stella was gifted from the start. Its hard to root for prodigies because all of their progress is expected. Thats why ikki is the main draw of the series.
Old 2018-11-22, 21:50   Link #13800
tuckersister

There are certain conditions in becoming a Desperado.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural