AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-03-28, 07:39   Link #21
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am yet to buy the cd In their heyday Linkin Park was good hope they can create the same magic now
Old 2007-04-03, 17:42   Link #22
Lebron
I hear voices

They released the lead single from Minutes to Midnight, called What I've done.

You can listen to it on their Myspace page,
http://www.myspace.com/linkinpark
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 22:19   Link #23
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
What? No Shinoda... I thought that's what they were known for, their mix with rap.
Shinoda does more in the band than just rap, he's probably the one that plays the keyboard part. Hard to tell without seeing them performing it.

Remember songs like Crawling, Breaking a Habit or Numb?

Edit: Just saw the MV, and Shinoda is one of the guitarist in this song.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-04-04 at 00:06.
Old 2007-04-04, 09:15   Link #24
Lebron
I hear voices

He did in the new song Qwerty, however, I don't know if that song is apart of the new album.
Old 2007-04-04, 10:46   Link #25
patnam

I heard oledi its preview song "What I've Done", there's no shout, but nice.
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 18:16   Link #26
Shiori-chan

what I've done is pretty good, although chester kinda looks like bono in the video clip, the clip is well made and gives alot of comment on our society
linkin park is back ^^
http://videoclips.blog.nl/rock/2007/...what-i-ve-done
Old 2007-04-05, 15:53   Link #27
madfox357

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
okay the new album was released in stores yesterday, im listening to it right now feeling a little dissapointed...

for starters as we all know and love LP as it usually uses rap together with vocals with guitars and some damn good riff rafing in between...

first thing i noticed was that on this cd there are hardly any real LP styled songs.. it sounds more like normal hard rock, as in a non djing and no rapping and without those it feels like LP is just lost entirely... i felt so excited when i heard a new album was coming up but now i find LP a little boring mostly because the vibe that held fans to listen to it over and over again is gone...

has anyone else had this feeling...
why ooh why has my first and most favorite rockband taken the course to dust and failure...
NO,NO,NO
Thats not the real linkin park minutes to midnight album that's chesters old band and that was the promo album
madfox357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 04:39   Link #28
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

I heard (from various sources mind you) that the album was supposed to be largely influenced by prog rock. I heard a 30 second sample a few weeks ago (I'm not sure when so bear with me) and was embarassed I ever listened to it.

I may check out the video and all that other nonsense, but from the looks of it, it seems that was ALL hype. Bwahahahaha.

I was a fan of Linkin Park when I was younger...much younger. It faded into dust really quick.

Last edited by SpecterVR; 2007-04-06 at 16:11. Reason: Did I fuck that one up or what?
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 10:16   Link #29
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Yeah bla bla.. linkin park is so emo... bla bla.. linkin park are commercial sellouts bla bla.. all the music you like sucks... bla bla... linkin park is not even music... bla bla... its not even nu-metal.. bla bla... its just pop bla bla...

Whatever. I like Linkin Park. I don't need to boost the size of my E-penis by listing my favorite underground bands that no one has ever heard off.
To me Linkin Park has made some awesome songs. I like their sound. I like PoA, One Step Closer, Numb, Breaking the Habit, Faint and In the End.

I don't mind if they change. Bands need to have diversity and change and evolve and sometimes it results in worse albums and sometimes better albums. Thats just the way of the beast=
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 15:35   Link #30
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Whatever. I like Linkin Park. I don't need to boost the size of my E-penis by listing my favorite underground bands that no one has ever heard off.
Lawl. It's not about boosting your e-penis. It's about listening to music that isn't watered down dreck. It's about listening to music that has some artistic soul, instead of being 100% commercial garbage intended to attract (and extract money from) a specific demographic. It's about choosing your culture instead of having your culture chosen for you by the big five media conglomerates. There's plenty of "angry" music that's legitimately good, across a lot of different genres, that wasn't hand-picked by a record executive looking to court the "angry teenage boy" market segment.
Old 2007-04-06, 20:08   Link #31
Saber Cherry
Marionette

I just listened to a few tracks from Minutes to Midnight. Sounds like generic angry male rants set to generic metal background.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 10:45   Link #32
Shiori-chan

album u listened too is a fake, not even lp singing ^^
Old 2007-04-10, 05:59   Link #33
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msyunie View Post
album u listened too is a fake, not even lp singing ^^
after hearing tons of people saying it and after finding out minutes later after posting it i think i get the point *feels as if this will haunt her till the end of her days*

i heard their new song a couple weeks ago.. i didnt like it to be honest.. i can stand listening to it but there's something strange about it.. wether it's the constant singing of Chester without many raps... or because i missed the rif rafs. they had some but not as much as i would want to hear... however it is already a bit of a hype here now ont he radio, because they will preform on mainstage on Pinkpop (im going.. not only because of them.. but also due KoRn, MM and smashing pumpkins)... im more curious about their next single than this one
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 23:52   Link #34
Nujabes

I bought the track last Saturday. Their good, but I wonder why the added profanity to it now. I bought the way without it. My favorite song on the their album is Leave Out All The Rest.
Nujabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 13:20   Link #35
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Linkin Park...usually they would be something I wouldn't pay much attention to, just another bad band. But by being exposed to their shit almost every day because of my brother I grew to hate them, gnahh.
Old 2007-05-23, 14:09   Link #36
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
Linkin Park...usually they would be something I wouldn't pay much attention to, just another bad band. But by being exposed to their shit almost every day because of my brother I grew to hate them, gnahh.
Guess here's the proof that Linkin Park haters can also post in this thread...^^"

Well I had to listen to their album for four hours while going to a friends place...and it didnt bother me at all ^^

So thats when I can say I really like their music.
Tatsumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 14:55   Link #37
Nujabes

Linkin Park said that they were tired of people mixing them in with the rock and rap group. They said, they wanted to be known for what they do best: make music.
Nujabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 01:31   Link #38
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
okay the new album was released in stores yesterday, im listening to it right now feeling a little dissapointed...

for starters as we all know and love LP as it usually uses rap together with vocals with guitars and some damn good riff rafing in between...

first thing i noticed was that on this cd there are hardly any real LP styled songs.. it sounds more like normal hard rock, as in a non djing and no rapping and without those it feels like LP is just lost entirely... i felt so excited when i heard a new album was coming up but now i find LP a little boring mostly because the vibe that held fans to listen to it over and over again is gone...

has anyone else had this feeling...
why ooh why has my first and most favorite rockband taken the course to dust and failure...
I have to agree, I was severly disappointed with this album, I only liked a couple of the tracks on this album whereas on Hybrid Theory or Meteora I liked almost all of the tracks. I hope that theyre next album is much better.
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 22:30   Link #39
Kollunz

i'm missing a lot of the familiar energy that i find when i listen to a lp track... this album also disappoints me, i only like a few of the tracks.
Kollunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 02:03   Link #40
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I liked the album and most of their songs. That's because I listen to all kinds of music so it doesn't really matter that LP's songs changed from "Nu-Metal," as long as I like it I'm fine. The only track I don't like is the final track, which started off pretty catchy but then drags on for 7+ minutes?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote