AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-09, 17:25   Link #541
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I fear for Taromarou. It will be just too sad to see the cute little guy get killed. I was hoping the anime wouldn't go that tragic route but...I wonder if there can even be a happy ending for this series? D:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 18:05   Link #542
ices
Working Hard

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wow. Good finding. Especially with the ominous dark purple color change. Never noticed that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
It depends... I mean, that's easy for you to say and judge from the comfort of your own home.
Now, given that these zombies are apparently pretty slow and useless overall for plot convenience, the danger here might not be as high as you'd normally expect from such a situation. It may be safe to keep her.

But yes, if it came down to it and these zombies took their job a bit more seriously, I would at the very least be contemplating getting rid of her. Sorry, but she's a liability. She screams, she is noisy and careless, she isn't lucid most of the time, and she could get everyone killed. If I had to chose between risking everyone else to protect her, or keep everyone else safe, she'd probably have to go. I'd try to make it work for as long as possible, but if it came down to it, I'd leave her behind.

And I disagree that this reflects on your humanity. Sure, it's cold and maybe cruel, but this isn't Disneyland. Rational decisions have to be made in these situations, even if they're not pretty and may seem 'mean' from the comfort of our chairs Sure, you can pretend everything is sunshine and daisies and die, but I wouldn't sacrifice everyone for one girl I don't even know particularly well.
I hope I don't sound too snarky. Please don't think this as an attack but instead just as a friendly debate. I hope my point could come across.

You know, as you said, we couldn't judge something like this from our own comfort home. And in an apocalypse situation like this, you never know what would happened to you. Hence, I would ask you this question.

What if you're not as the one who decide to abandon Yuki, but instead you're in the Yuki's position itself. You're driven crazy by the situation. You escape to your happy delusional world to prevent yourself from breaking. And the last thread of hope that keep you in check and care about you is your only two friends.

Now, imagine that your two friend decided to abandon you because of your delusional action which could endanger the group. The last ray of hope for you to ever accept reality is now gone. You're now alone. How do you feel? Do you wanna be abandoned? What you hope your friend to do instead of abandoning you?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 18:45   Link #543
Silverwyrm

Worth noting Yuki not only livens up otherwise depressing situations (such as power outage) but her antics tend to send them somewhere they need to go as well. Also shes...you know...one of their only friends that they may just care a lot about? And before we get into psychology stuff, these are highschoolers and what they may or may not know about such things is essentially a grab bag at that point in life, so its likely they don't know what to do about it or if they should/can do anything.

In any case, I think I know what next episode is gonna cover mangawise and I am looking forward to it
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 19:54   Link #544
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post

You know, as you said, we couldn't judge something like this from our own comfort home. And in an apocalypse situation like this, you never know what would happened to you. Hence, I would ask you this question.

What if you're not as the one who decide to abandon Yuki, but instead you're in the Yuki's position itself. You're driven crazy by the situation. You escape to your happy delusional world to prevent yourself from breaking. And the last thread of hope that keep you in check and care about you is your only two friends.

Now, imagine that your two friend decided to abandon you because of your delusional action which could endanger the group. The last ray of hope for you to ever accept reality is now gone. You're now alone. How do you feel? Do you wanna be abandoned? What you hope your friend to do instead of abandoning you?
That's easy. Much easier than the other way round, actually: I would applaud them. I'm not so selfish as to expect that I can just escape reality and expect others to take care of me at the expense of their safety and potentially their survival. That's ridiculous. If I had any say in it, I'd never allow it.

I would thus hope they would make the decision to abandon me if it became necessary. If I could, I would have made that clear in advance. I might ask to be put down, if it came to this, though, rather than joining the zombie hordes. I don't want or expect my friends or loved ones to die for me.
And I certainly wouldn't expect to sit around thinking things like 'don't worry, Faerie, everyone is here to protect you'. If I care about those people at all, I don't want them to have to put themselves at risk because I can't get my act together. Sure, my crazy self might be too far gone to realize these things and want to be protected and babied, but that's too bad for her. She's not me. My lucid self is whose choices and thoughts matter, and wouldn't want to be my friend's cause of death.

Now... for the flip side: I get that in this scenario, Yuuki is the 'happiness' of the group and someone to distract them from their crappy reality and she's a sweet girl etc... And in a sense, she is contributing- when she isn't a danger to herself and everyone.
As such, obviously, I too would wish to keep her alive if at all possible: she's another survivor, a weak girl who needs protection, and in a sense her weakness is a welcome distraction. She's just an innocent- of course I don't want her to die. Nor do I want to make any hard decisions like that if it can be avoided. If it's an option you want to save as many people as possible, naturally. But if it became necessary, I'd hope that I would chose to leave her behind and I probably wouldn't beat myself up about it too much nor would I ever blame anyone else if they made that decision.
Old 2015-08-10, 01:09   Link #545
Boukenxha

Interesting findings from James Rye. When the next person dies, we should probably be mentally prepared to see all the fluffy turn to gloom/hell. Damn it!
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 07:35   Link #546
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

One of the thing i felt most pity about the anime is Yuki portraying as a character (and in some less extension, Kurumi and Rii). I means the anime was faithful overall, but the anime was cutting and adding filler parts that kinda gave a different impression on Yuki real character and her conditions.

I will recommend you guys to read the manga (after watching the anime). As the event is still more or less the same so don't have to worry about the spoiler then. But it's very interesting comparing how much a subtle change could give you a different impression about a character

Btw, if Yuki character bugged/ annoyed you and it distracted you from the anime experience, send me a PM. Hopefully i could semi-spoil her character and change your mind without telling any of the future events

On the episode, so the death flag is on Kurumi and Taromarou now? Assuming Kei is already dead. And based on the OP, then Taromarou fate will be showed even before we know the full story about Megu-nee (possibly at the anime ending) O_O
Hopefully Kurumi is OK through. At least she is not on the "dead-list" sequences. But man , i like Megu-nee a lot. Feel like it gonna be some heartache...

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2015-08-10 at 08:04.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 08:44   Link #547
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I do have to say.

In day and age where zombies are doped up to feel more realistically "apocalyptic", these zombies are awfully weak, slow, and generally nonthreatening.

I've also always found silly how zombie movies overdo the "decay" of buildings, no doubt for visual effects.
Even if an entire city turned into walking deads the building suddenly isn't going to decay by half a century.
And why would any zombie or surviving humans break all the glass of "hamburger menus seven feet up in the air".
Old 2015-08-10, 09:08   Link #548
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
And why would any zombie or surviving humans break all the glass of "hamburger menus seven feet up in the air".
looking for meeeat?
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 12:52   Link #549
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Food can be found in some pretty strange places.
Old 2015-08-10, 13:03   Link #550
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
They really hated hamburgers in their former life?
Old 2015-08-10, 15:17   Link #551
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
**snip**
Play some zombie game more.

Well, this is the theory that I could come up based on what presented so far and some zombie's game logic.

When something made noises/movement/etc, Zombie will comes to it. Since they didn't posses any intelligence, they'll just walk straight to the source of that noise. Hence, it's possible that they will stumble to some glass windows and the like. Afterall, that's what usually you see when you try to looking for a noise outside of a building. And not only that, the first zombie that break the glass will also bring more noise and more zombie will be attracted to that location. Hence more window broken etc.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 15:20   Link #552
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

To be fair, when Zombies "react" to noise, I'm always surprised that they don't end up attacking each other... I mean, they are all like "euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuah!" all the time.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 15:51   Link #553
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
To be fair, when Zombies "react" to noise, I'm always surprised that they don't end up attacking each other... I mean, they are all like "euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuah!" all the time.
they should have more senses still working, even if the hearing is the one working the most, so they can likely see or smell their kind
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 16:14   Link #554
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I fear for Taromarou. It will be just too sad to see the cute little guy get killed. I was hoping the anime wouldn't go that tragic route but...I wonder if there can even be a happy ending for this series? D:
EVERYBODY GONNA DIIIIEEE!!! ;A;
Nah, not gonna happen. Although an ending where everyone but Yuki is dead just as Yuki got out of her delusional world, man, that ending would break my heart in pieces...

Honestly though, in their case alone surviving is a happy ending itself. And not everyone survives as seen with the Megu-nee nanosecond flashback. :c

Quote:
Wow. Good finding. Especially with the ominous dark purple color change. Never noticed that before.
Neither did I. Saw it in another forum, thought "no way" rewatched the past episodes OP and the current one and was shocked that they would change even such a small part of the opening. I thought the ending part of the OP would always stay the same, you know, the "healing" factor. As in classmate may change in zombies and Kei may leave but my friends gonna stay with me till the end. However with even that part changing and becoming darker and ominous I start to worry how this part might look at the final episode...

Quote:
I hope I don't sound too snarky. Please don't think this as an attack but instead just as a friendly debate. I hope my point could come across.

If it were my friends/family I probably would keep them somewhere safe and try to keep their delusion alive mostly because I would be afraid they would do something terrible to themselves if they realize what truly is going on. On strangers, i dunno, maybe if it is a little child. Otherwise I would probably not try to help them much, could be too risky espeically if I got my family and friends survival to worry about. I wouldn't want to lose them over the delusions of somebody else.

Which we have yet to see in the anime, family of the four girls that is. They are probably all dead but I think it would be kinda nice if a daddy or mommy or even both would somehow find their way to their daugther of one of those 4. But given they haven't seen another survivor for what seems to be months expect Miki that chance is next to zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boukenxha View Post
Interesting findings from James Rye. When the next person dies, we should probably be mentally prepared to see all the fluffy turn to gloom/hell. Damn it!
At this rate his Op will become so depressing, man... ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Be glad they only "uuuuuuh", imagine them SPEAKING! Like repeating their last words over and over again while they hunt you down:
"It hurts....it huuuuuurts...."
"Mommy.... Mooooooommmyyy...."
"No...No...No...No..."
"Help.... Help...Help meeee..."
*shudder*
What if they died with their lovers/friends name on her lips and then wander through the streets and somehow end up meeting said person and follow them while repeating their name over and over again?
"Miki... Miki....Miiiiikiiii...."
"Dear, I loooove youuuu..."
That would be far more freaky than "uuuuh", it would be a constant reminder those zombies had been people while you try to kill them and you keep hearing not a annoymous mob sound of grunts but a tragic orchestre of their last message to their world when they had been alive and you know you are about to become one of them as all those "mommy mommy" and "help..." zombies come closer and closer to you, surround you, grab you, bite you and all you can do is scream "Stay away! Stay away from me! Staaaarghh!".
And the next day a new zombie stumbles through the streets murming "Stay away... Staaay awaaay..." over and over again till its head gets bashed in.

This would be one hell of a disturbing zombie apocalypse...
Old 2015-08-10, 16:55   Link #555
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I will recommend you guys to read the manga (after watching the anime)
I would frankly recommend them to read the manga now, since aside from episode 3 and (arguably) the reveal in episode 1, the manga has done a far better job of telling the story and fleshing out the characters. And the manga art is gorgeous too.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 20:38   Link #556
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I would frankly recommend them to read the manga now, since aside from episode 3 and (arguably) the reveal in episode 1, the manga has done a far better job of telling the story and fleshing out the characters. And the manga art is gorgeous too.
Couldn't stand it and went ahead and peaked into the manga...

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2015-08-11 at 10:04.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-10, 22:10   Link #557
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Wouldn't it be Mr. Flagg then?
Old 2015-08-11, 01:09   Link #558
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Hence, it's possible that they will stumble to some glass windows and the like.
Wow you like totally did not get the joke I was saying.

You physically cannot "stumble into McDonalds menu raised 7-8 feet up in the air, above the counters".

Are you suggesting zombies fly or jump headfirst into the ceiling for no apparent reason?
Old 2015-08-11, 03:54   Link #559
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Wow you like totally did not get the joke I was saying.

You physically cannot "stumble into McDonalds menu raised 7-8 feet up in the air, above the counters".

Are you suggesting zombies fly or jump headfirst into the ceiling for no apparent reason?
Well, the only other possibility is the city was hit by earthquake or a storm or something...

But I guess it's simply just a case of animation studio outsourced their "background drawing" department. And just tell the contracted company to draw "a city under zombie apocalypse" without providing proper context. For example, I think on the credits, there was a name: Nam Hai Art, which after googled apparently was a background drawing studio

I think it was just a case of miscommunication, as apparently it's much easier to draw a normal city than one already been in ruined in this case
Old 2015-08-11, 04:19   Link #560
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
But I guess it's simply just a case of animation studio outsourced their "background drawing" department. And just tell the contracted company to draw "a city under zombie apocalypse" without providing proper context. For example, I think on the credits, there was a name: Nam Hai Art, which after googled apparently was a background drawing studio

I think it was just a case of miscommunication, as apparently it's much easier to draw a normal city than one already been in ruined in this case
I know, that's my point though.
Zombie movies tend to overdo decay and destructions to the point of absurdity.

Tags
manga time kirara, read the manga, seinen, slice of life, zombie apocalypse