AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-02, 21:06   Link #1181
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Of course, you're free to choose your position.
Though a truly neutral position would imply that you choose neither side. While that might appear to give you the benefit of being able to switch your point of view depending on the situation it also might make your position very weak, because you are easy to be influenced by malevolent misleads as well.

Every position has positive and negative sides. The most important for you is to choose one that you are comfortable with and you feel able to work easiest with.
That's kind of hard because I'm interested in both points of view. What did you choose?
Old 2011-08-02, 22:46   Link #1182
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
That's kind of hard because I'm interested in both points of view. What did you choose?
you should read this:

http://witch-hunt.com/hist.html

It's an introduction to Umineko written by the author. The bottomline is:

Quote:
This is a sound novel without choices, where you search for the truth yourself.
Is guesswork possible, or impossible?
Will you surrender to the witch, or stand up and face her?
How you enjoy it is up to you.
I've always been anti-fantasy since start, but I must admit that in a few points while playing EP2 I was about to accept there was magic at work.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2011-08-02 at 23:06.
Old 2011-08-02, 22:54   Link #1183
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
you should read this:

http://witch-hunt.com/hist.html

It's an introduction to Umineko wrote by author. The bottomline is:

I've always been anti-fantasy since start, but I must admit that in a few points while playing EP2 I was about to accept there was magic at work.
Thanks for the link and advice, although from what I understand episode 8 has choices.
Old 2011-08-02, 23:04   Link #1184
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It does, but only one if you exclude minigames. I think Ryuukishi himself didn't plan to include choices at the time he wrote that introduction. He must have changed his mind much later. Consider there is a 4 year gap between EP1 and EP8

Old 2011-08-02, 23:26   Link #1185
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It does, but only one if you exclude minigames. I think Ryuukishi himself didn't plan to include choices at the time he wrote that introduction. He must have changed his mind much later. Consider there is a 4 year gap between EP1 and EP8
Oh I see. Thanks for the info. One last question. Does each episode of the game have chapters or is there any way to bring up page numbers perhaps? Not a big deal or anything but it would be nice to have some idea of how far into each episode I am as I read.

Edit: Also, I just saw the trailer for the anime on youtube and it really didn't impress me. Kinda glad I read the visual novel first. The bad art from the visual novels is also growing on me. After seeing the anime trailer, none of the characters looked right to me. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!? T_T

Last edited by cereal_killerxx; 2011-08-02 at 23:36.
Old 2011-08-03, 01:22   Link #1186
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
Edit: Also, I just saw the trailer for the anime on youtube and it really didn't impress me. Kinda glad I read the visual novel first. The bad art from the visual novels is also growing on me. After seeing the anime trailer, none of the characters looked right to me. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!? T_T
Sorry if this is off-topic, but one of the benefits the anime had was a voice cast that's way more than decent. I mean, listening to the usually motherly-voiced Sayaka Ohara hamming it up almost as much as virtually any character in Gurren Lagann really needs to be heard to be believed (few anime I've seen have acting as epically over-the-top as Gurren Lagann, believe me). And that's saying nothing about her killer laugh.

But now that the PS3 versions have brought back the whole voice cast (with a handful of new additions) and provide voice acting that could potentially end all Umineko voice acting (as they're doing with Chiru), I think I'd be okay with it if they didn't continue the anime. But that's not to speak for those who only follow Umineko for the anime.

By the way, if you like the original PC version artwork, I'd hate to think what you think of the PS3 art.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2011-08-03, 02:30   Link #1187
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Sorry if this is off-topic, but one of the benefits the anime had was a voice cast that's way more than decent. I mean, listening to the usually motherly-voiced Sayaka Ohara hamming it up almost as much as virtually any character in Gurren Lagann really needs to be heard to be believed (few anime I've seen have acting as epically over-the-top as Gurren Lagann, believe me). And that's saying nothing about her killer laugh.

But now that the PS3 versions have brought back the whole voice cast (with a handful of new additions) and provide voice acting that could potentially end all Umineko voice acting (as they're doing with Chiru), I think I'd be okay with it if they didn't continue the anime. But that's not to speak for those who only follow Umineko for the anime.

By the way, if you like the original PC version artwork, I'd hate to think what you think of the PS3 art.
Well I think I've just gotten used to the artwork. Going from stiff images that don't move much to animated characters with a different art style is weird. Especially when they start moving and depicting things you have only read about.
Old 2011-08-03, 09:30   Link #1188
Xyrius Cherubim
The Observer

yep. i still remember what my friend told me when he suggested me to read it. He clearly stated that "don't judge this novel by its artwork". Yet, I find no problem with the artwork, though
Old 2011-09-21, 18:08   Link #1189
L in Hinamizawa
I guess Erika would be E?

Location: In Hinamizawa trying to solve the Curse of Oyashiro Sama
Hello!
I was wondering if there are any rumors at all about an Umineko Chiru anime?
I know that the PS3 version of Umineko is coming out fairly soon so I didn't know if anyone has heard anything?
Old 2011-09-21, 19:53   Link #1190
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Nope there isn't any rumor of that sort.
We also know that the sales of the DVD and Blu ray of the currently animated episodes were horrible, so the general consensus is that Deen won't animate chiru.

Old 2011-09-25, 15:39   Link #1191
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

So I was wondering, does anyone remember if they made mention in the VN of what the portraits were painted with? If I had to guess I'd say oil but I don't really know. If someone who is more knowledgeable about paintings and can spot it merely from the image thatd be great too
Old 2011-09-25, 18:41   Link #1192
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
So I was wondering, does anyone remember if they made mention in the VN of what the portraits were painted with? If I had to guess I'd say oil but I don't really know. If someone who is more knowledgeable about paintings and can spot it merely from the image thatd be great too
...I was about to mention that some people in the forum did Beatrice portraits, and after I got the links, noticed the Hanuu's looked similar...Hah, I'd be linking you to your own post!

Anyway(s) I don't think they mentioned it, but I do think it's oil. I do have an add on question to yours though

Who did the original portraits for Umineko?
Old 2011-09-26, 03:34   Link #1193
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbazabba905 View Post
...I was about to mention that some people in the forum did Beatrice portraits, and after I got the links, noticed the Hanuu's looked similar...Hah, I'd be linking you to your own post!

Anyway(s) I don't think they mentioned it, but I do think it's oil. I do have an add on question to yours though

They're made by Takahito Ekusa (Exa). Here's his website (or is it her?): http://picata.net/

Well, the portraits have probably been created with a computer program. Just in a way it resembles an oil painting. But referring to Umineko's story, it is probably an oil painting.
Old 2011-09-26, 13:04   Link #1194
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibbazabba905 View Post

haha yea actually the reason I ask is cuz the Beato portrait I painted was done with acrylics and I was planning on doing Evatrice now but thought I'd try oil

Bluemail beat me to it too, I asked a while back who did the portraits and got the answer before, personally I find it disapointing that Takahito seems to specialize in chibi moe characters rather than the style in the portraits
Old 2011-11-06, 16:35   Link #1195
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Just wondering if there was anymore information of the C81 project for Umineko (I heard rumors of Umineko Rei)?

Last edited by Leo_Otaku; 2011-11-06 at 17:39.
Old 2011-11-07, 14:00   Link #1196
maximilianjenus
[E]

While searching for the umineko extra images (phone cards amongst other fanservice heavy ones) I foudn umineko no naku koro ni san , is the san a reference to the ps3 or the name of the next arc (i.e.rei equivalent).
Old 2011-11-07, 14:18   Link #1197
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Umineko San is an incorrect reading of Umineko Chiru.
Old 2011-11-09, 01:25   Link #1198
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
While searching for the umineko extra images (phone cards amongst other fanservice heavy ones) I foudn umineko no naku koro ni san , is the san a reference to the ps3 or the name of the next arc (i.e.rei equivalent).
did u come across any good phone cards? i would love to see them

i dont get why did battlers dad lie about asuma or w/e being battlers mom? when in reality it was his current wife??
Old 2011-11-09, 08:05   Link #1199
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
It was mentioned in Episode 8.

Rudolf and Asumu got married shortly after she learned she was pregnant. When she miscarried, Rudolf decided it was socially easier to lie about Battler's mother, than it would be to divorce her and marry Kyrie, or to have an illegitimate son.
Old 2011-11-10, 03:42   Link #1200
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
It was mentioned in Episode 8.

Rudolf and Asumu got married shortly after she learned she was pregnant. When she miscarried, Rudolf decided it was socially easier to lie about Battler's mother, than it would be to divorce her and marry Kyrie, or to have an illegitimate son.
so basically rudolf was having an affair? was asumu pregnant and he knew that kyrie was too so they lied about it? :S i dont get y he would lie about battler's mother when asumu knew that wasnt her real son and that kyrie knew it was...
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a