AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 07:50   Link #21
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
F and Final (and other old ones) being hard due to...

-95% Supers are terrible. Now its pretty much opposite. Adding the stat 照準値 greatly helps them
-氣カ system is broken in this game
-Tier S newtypes are too good. Having 2 times movement per turn early make them even more useful
-Oldtypes are terrible, period.
-There is like less than 10 skills for character in this game. Almost everyone use exact same character skills
-NO CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION, this only justify why oldtypes are terrible
-Space B.... mostly on supers.... there is no remedy for it

I think Super Robots Wars A (2001) is the first game to feel actually balanced. Since then, bad ones aren't ended up terrible.
That was the Winkysoft era of SRW which I do not miss at all and mercifully ended with the Alpha games which non-coincidentally is when SRW got really popular and the animations started to get better. I still remember being frustrated by the final boss of SRW3 cause in that game (if you weren't playing the rare PS1 remake that is) you couldn't see how much damage you were doing to a unit nor how much HP a unit had if it was over 9999 so for all I knew I could be doing anywhere from 10 to 10,000 damage and just wasting some of my attacks with no way to know. I'd say that stage took about 50+ turns of running back and forth between heal tiles to slowly build levels and whittle down the boss.

It wasn't that it was hard, just extremely user-unfriendly.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 13:04   Link #22
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

One of the things I missed the most from the first Alpha was the CG movie for first debut appearance of a major mecha (lift off, transformation, gattai, or new equipment). Most of the time after that, we only have special sprite MAP animation which still cool sometimes but for me personally, have less impact

I was so amazed when I watch those CG movies on Alpha the first time. CMIIW, Alpha is the only one that show full gattai scene of Ryuko-Oh. Even The Inspector only had Koryu-Oh -> Ryuko-Oh transformation scene. Kinda hope we get more of these CG (or maybe even 2D animation? x3) movies back for future SRW

The other strong point SRW has that always amaze me is its awesome and ear-catchy original BGMs/character themes. Ace Attacker (ver W is the one I like the most), Aku wo Tatsu Tsurugi, Trombe, Everywhere You Go, Makenaize Gunleon, Shippu Jinrai, Ware Koso wa Baran Doban, Dark Prison, Koutetsu no Cockpit, Time to Come are the few of SRW songs I listen over and over frequently. And I usually don't like instrumental
Old 2012-11-26, 01:36   Link #23
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Yeah, that's true, the BGMs for the orignals have almost always caught my interest, some of my personal faves have always been Makanize Gunleon, Gun of Dis and Endless Battle.

Last edited by BassGSnewtype; 2012-11-26 at 01:46.
BassGSnewtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 05:49   Link #24
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Spoiler for Makenaize!!!:

Spoiler for Have to power of override boss theme:

Spoiler for The original ACE ATTACKER:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 06:58   Link #25
Destined_Fate

Main thing I miss is that @ series put some "man" into Shinji. Ryouma really left a huge impression on him and taught him what separates a boy from a man and what real backbone is.

Though I'm fine with the Z series due to how they made Destiny and Code Geass 100%(IF routes) better. That and how they handled the Quattro thing with him taking a different path that wont lead into CCA anymore.

Esther is also one of the better OG characters they've made and you can really see her growth over 2 games.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 07:48   Link #26
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Obligatory MAD

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 02:37   Link #27
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I remember that one, it was pretty good.
Old 2012-11-28, 03:54   Link #28
Destined_Fate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VAoxmV8NAEY

Arranged battle for z2.2 done by the guy doing the Let's Play of this. Pretty well done, though a shame that characters like Lunamaria and Fa were only there to get defeated so Shinn and Kamille could go full out on Hiling Care.
Old 2012-11-28, 08:47   Link #29
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

If you have this command prompt "SHOUT NOW." on your mech and this bgm start playing ..... Dynamic Entry of a kick to pawn your foes

Old 2012-11-29, 22:50   Link #30
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Yeah, I was busting a gut at that scene.
Old 2012-11-30, 23:35   Link #31
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Gong 8 bit style

Old 2012-12-02, 00:28   Link #32
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

*sign* I definitely have lost the passion for SRW. Maybe I was bit disappointed with Z2 and maybe OGs2 will bring that back, but don't have a money for ps3.
Old 2012-12-04, 16:00   Link #33
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

What didn't you like about Z2?
Old 2012-12-04, 16:41   Link #34
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
What didn't you like about Z2?
Lack of squad system. I really felt they perfected the squad with Z, Tri-battle was really awesome with different formation. The cast was great and all (one of the best really), I thought it should have been lot better considering how good Z was.
Old 2012-12-04, 18:45   Link #35
Destined_Fate

I don't think the Squad System was possible on the PSP and considering z2.2 is their last PSP SRW entry it makes sense that they wouldn't push so many resources on trying to fit the Squad system in.
Old 2012-12-04, 19:39   Link #36
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I don't think the Squad System was possible on the PSP and considering z2.2 is their last PSP SRW entry it makes sense that they wouldn't push so many resources on trying to fit the Squad system in.
I suppose, but I really like using many units and characters as possible.
Old 2012-12-05, 11:03   Link #37
Destined_Fate

It is a shame but they still did an amazing job without it. That's why they added in those tasks you could send people to if they didn't participate in a battle so that not all your characters would fall behind too far.

Those PP ones really add up and are invaluable. The money one stops mattering after the few playthroughs due to massive money carryovers. EXP one is less useful since you can easily feed a boss kill + Gain + Emblem and have them catch up instantly if you want. Kills stops mattering the soonest due to all kills past ACE amounting to nothing.
Old 2012-12-07, 05:09   Link #38
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Gotta love Gaioh though
Old 2012-12-07, 05:29   Link #39
Destined_Fate

He was a mass murderer that didn't care who he ran over as long as he accomplished his goals. His only redeeming qualities are his base nature towards fighting and a love of hotdogs.

It helps that it was that old hag that changed Esther and not Gaioh or he wouldn't have been redeemable at all in the slightest. That was the low point of the game and when things went super serious for everyone because they pushed Esther hard to be everyone's friend up to that point and made saving her Crowe's personal mission for nearly half of the game.
Old 2012-12-14, 02:36   Link #40
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

To be honest, I was being sarcastic, I really enjoyed Z2's chapters though as well as the IF route
Spoiler for IF Route spoiler: