AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-04-16, 05:18   Link #1
judasmartel
*Author

Characters for my special edition Saimoe posters...

As the title says, I'm looking for characters whose pictures I can use for my NBA Playoffs Edition Saimoe Posters, like this one I made last year:

Spoiler for 2012 Finals:

So far, my lineup is as follows:

Spoiler for 2013 Playoffs:

I'm specifically looking for popular fire and lightning users that have appeared over the past 2-5 years, because I don't feel like making another Shana vs. Mikoto poster just in case.

But I would also accept other characters asides the ones listed above if you can suggest some.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-04-16 at 09:26.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 06:19   Link #2
mit7059

Maybe Kannagi from Kaze no Stigma for fire?
What about Hakaze from Blast of Tempest for lightning?

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 08:15   Link #3
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I suppose Marika from Bodacious Space Pirates could work in a pinch for lightning. She has giant plasma/particle guns.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 09:30   Link #4
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

does the character's color scheme and the team's away jersey's color have to be similar? and does the character have to be a finalist of ISML?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 09:50   Link #5
judasmartel
*Author

It would be great if something about the character matches the team's name (that's why I asked for lightning users to represent the Thunder), but if not, color scheme should match the team's colors.

The character's rank in ISML should be proportional to the team's seeding. For example, I need strong ISML participants for the top 4 seeds, while next 4 seeds can be pretty much anyone as long as the color scheme matches the team's colors.

Lately, I was thinking of changing the theme into a "Puella Magi vs. Nanoha" instead of a mash-up of characters. Of course, I would still include characters from the 2012-2013 season. So far, I have used those from Accel World and SAO.

The problem is that I only know Puella Magi characters, but not Nanoha characters (except maybe Nanoha, Fate, Signum, and Subaru).

Thanks for the inputs. I'll be releasing my final line-up as soon as the playoff matchups are already decided.

EDIT: Great idea recommending Bodacious Space Pirates characters. Maybe I can use them for either the Clippers or the Pacers, depending on the characters' color schemes.
Old 2013-04-19, 23:44   Link #6
judasmartel
*Author

Here they are.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...wpost&t=119056

Enjoy!~