AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-05-06, 15:43   Link #361
Lord Uiruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I'd support Ace joining SH idea only if Vegapunk designs an anti-logia special marine team: armed with kairoseki bullets,kairoseki swords and a special kairoseki power armor that will materialize logias and weaken paramecia/zoan in contact.I know seastones are rare but from what we have seen so far they are able to make nets and wastable bullets out of it.If It was that rare then they should just save them.
Or just making a special haki team or further researching Blackbeard the logia killer to mass copy his nullifying power on Pacifistas.

At least that should make things equal with Ace in a SH crew.Otherwise he will simply ruin the storyline and everything.A logia cannot be defeated even by another logia unless its the total opposite element, so they will just draw.Bad guys wont be able to completely eradicate SH crew while everyones lying down in exhaustion with a totally unharmed Ace and we will ask "wtf Luffy? why dont you just throw Ace to kick the big bad boss guys ass instead? he is pretty invincible?"
kairoseki? whats that?
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 17:55   Link #362
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Uiruu View Post
kairoseki? whats that?
Kairoseki or Seastone is used too counter Devil users, kinda like Seastone Cuffs, Seastone Net, Seastone Cage, etc etc.

Basically what he is saying is that there is bound too be Seastone bullets for a special anti-devil fruit platoon in the Marines, though its possible that Seastone bullets will never appear, he is just making a theory.

Seastone can also mask the presence of a ship from Sea Kings and other sea-dwellers, and therefore had the bottom of all marine ships covered in a layer of it, which is especially useful to traverse across the Calm Belt. However, the Sea Kings can still see the ship, so it is not an absolute protection.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 14:30   Link #363
Lord Uiruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Kairoseki or Seastone is used too counter Devil users, kinda like Seastone Cuffs, Seastone Net, Seastone Cage, etc etc.

Basically what he is saying is that there is bound too be Seastone bullets for a special anti-devil fruit platoon in the Marines, though its possible that Seastone bullets will never appear, he is just making a theory.

Seastone can also mask the presence of a ship from Sea Kings and other sea-dwellers, and therefore had the bottom of all marine ships covered in a layer of it, which is especially useful to traverse across the Calm Belt. However, the Sea Kings can still see the ship, so it is not an absolute protection.
oh i know what seastone is. i just didnt know that its also called kairoseki is all.
Old 2009-05-10, 06:13   Link #364
29pav

can we rule out the straw hat crew get another chef or navigator or maybe an ex marine like smoker who switch sides
29pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 11:58   Link #365
Lord Uiruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pav View Post
can we rule out the straw hat crew get another chef or navigator or maybe an ex marine like smoker who switch sides
hey, i never thought of the whole exmarine thing.. hmm... it probably wont happen but it would be cool for smoker to join. or koby.
Old 2009-05-10, 20:16   Link #366
Azncoke123

Maybe Smoker might join or help the SH in someway after Luffy beats him in the New World
Azncoke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 15:02   Link #367
Lord Uiruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
Maybe Smoker might join or help the SH in someway after Luffy beats him in the New World
hmm. it doesnt seem likely... i think if any marine joins it would be koby, but i have no doubt smoker and luffy will face off somewhere, not necessarily the New World.
Old 2009-05-13, 03:00   Link #368
Muyasuki

Taking into account something that Oda said in an interview (about the fact that Ussop will always be the weakest SH and nobody who joins will be stronger than Luffy, Zoro or Sanji), I expect that after this arc (or during) that at the very least one of these three (if not all three) will end up becoming members of the SH: Bon Clay, Perona, and Cammy. Personally, I'd be extremely happy with any one of these three but I'd be especially interested in seeing more interaction between Perona and Ussop.

Out of everyone, Ace has an absolutely zero percent chance of joining up with his little brother (at least permanently). He is absolutely loyal to Whitebeard and, if Whitebeard does end up dead (I see him being the only person to actually die during the normal timeline. I don't see him being killed in battle but I do see him overexerting himself during the battle as he did seem to have health problems due to his age), I can see Ace taking the helms of the Whitebeard pirates in Whitebeard's name.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 02:01   Link #369
LelouchZer0

What I really want to know is "what is the real appearance of One Piece?"
This question is circling on my mind since I saw One Piece years back.
LelouchZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 13:57   Link #370
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Here's what i think its gonna happen:

Ace will die- Luffy has yet to "fail" something and the kind of development from actual failure is overdue and i think Ace will be the one to initiate this.

Boa will not join SH- As much as the fanboy in me would love to have Boa as part of the SH, it doesn't really make sense as she is part of the Shichibukai, even if it is only by name, to protect her island. Therefore i doubt she would ever join SH, but she might be an important ally, just like Jimbei was to Ace.

Dragon will probably start something- Sparked by Ace's death or not, with Iggy outta jail it makes sense for him/her to head back to Dragon, and if Dragon starts moving he/she will probably follow along.

As for my take on One Piece...its probably not new:

One Piece is probably not even treasure or anything, it could very well be what Luffy said:
"The one with the most freedom from the Ocean is the Pirate King"
And what Gol D. Roger said: "If you want it, you can have my treasure, I left it all at that one place/piece!"- Treasure is "freedom" and that one place is "the sea".
Old 2009-05-25, 06:08   Link #371
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I don't why do people always think that Luffy has been successful all the way and never failed. He has failed many times, he just stood up and tried again, he is someone who just doesn't give in to failure and always stands up after his fall.

He is someone who doesn't see failure as an obstacle in the path of his goal. He sees failure as just another step to take towards success.

Each time he fails, he learns from that defeat so he can come up with something to prevent another defeat. He is someone who has come so far because he has stood up from many failures.

I'm also not sure why people love death so much.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 15:15   Link #372
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

When I mean fail, I'm not referring to "I fail to beat this guy once"-type of fail, if I did I would agree with you.

The failure i'm referring to is the irreversible type, such as failure to rescue someone (death or not), failure which result in a catastrophe, or failure which results in death. The last one is obviously never gonna happen to a main character or else it would end the series, but the other two is often used in shonen to "build" the main character. Luffy has fail to beat someone before, but he can always reverse the damage by beating the crap outta the enemy second or third time around. However IF Ace does die he cannot reverse the damage and will be force to "develop" in a way that hasn't happened to Luffy's character before.

To a lesser extend the loss of Shank's arm can be considered to be this kind of failure, but it is so far back when Luffy does not possess the "power" he has now, I don't think it has the same effect.
Old 2009-05-29, 00:40   Link #373
zaner

I think if ace is to survive It won't be Luffy or the SHC to save him and luffy will believe he is dead this may just be me being hopeful but its a possability
zaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 19:17   Link #374
ImpelDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Here's what i think its gonna happen:

Ace will die- Luffy has yet to "fail" something and the kind of development from actual failure is overdue and i think Ace will be the one to initiate this.

Boa will not join SH- As much as the fanboy in me would love to have Boa as part of the SH, it doesn't really make sense as she is part of the Shichibukai, even if it is only by name, to protect her island. Therefore i doubt she would ever join SH, but she might be an important ally, just like Jimbei was to Ace.

Dragon will probably start something- Sparked by Ace's death or not, with Iggy outta jail it makes sense for him/her to head back to Dragon, and if Dragon starts moving he/she will probably follow along.

As for my take on One Piece...its probably not new:

One Piece is probably not even treasure or anything, it could very well be what Luffy said:
"The one with the most freedom from the Ocean is the Pirate King"
And what Gol D. Roger said: "If you want it, you can have my treasure, I left it all at that one place/piece!"- Treasure is "freedom" and that one place is "the sea".
I agree with most everything that you said. Although, I'm not sure about Luffy not saving Ace. Like you said, Luffy hasn't failed yet. In a way im hoping he does, because again like you said, it's long overdue for him to "fail." Even if Luffy does end up failing, White Beard can still pull something off (If someone doesn't interfere). I also think your dead on about the meaning of the "One Piece".
ImpelDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 22:24   Link #375
Crystal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpelDown View Post
I agree with most everything that you said. Although, I'm not sure about Luffy not saving Ace. Like you said, Luffy hasn't failed yet. In a way im hoping he does, because again like you said, it's long overdue for him to "fail." Even if Luffy does end up failing, White Beard can still pull something off (If someone doesn't interfere). I also think your dead on about the meaning of the "One Piece".
I am confused as to what you consider failing because the whole reason he met Hancock was because he failed. He failed to defeat Kuma and he failed to save his friends even though Nami asked him to help. Also he has failed many times against opponents such as Crocodile (2x) but they are sort of hard to notice since he gets right back up again.
Old 2009-05-29, 22:48   Link #376
ImpelDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Dreamer View Post
I am confused as to what you consider failing because the whole reason he met Hancock was because he failed. He failed to defeat Kuma and he failed to save his friends even though Nami asked him to help. Also he has failed many times against opponents such as Crocodile (2x) but they are sort of hard to notice since he gets right back up again.
Well, when he fails now he can't get right back up and save the day. Once Ace is dead... he's dead. (Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to die) And, I'm not just talking about failing in a fight... when I say failing, I mean not being able to prevent a disaster. (In this case his brothers execution)
Oh and, just because Luffy fails, doesn't mean someone else can't save Ace.
Old 2009-05-30, 17:01   Link #377
AceD
See You En' Tee

its pretty important to remember that only one person has ever died in One Piece; Bellamy (i think o.o , and dont say Roger)

id like Ace to die, for Luffy development maybe, but i cant see it happening...
Old 2009-05-31, 00:04   Link #378
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
its pretty important to remember that only one person has ever died in One Piece; Bellamy (i think o.o , and dont say Roger)
That theory has NEVER been proven and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
id like Ace to die, for Luffy development maybe, but i cant see it happening...
Don't be counting chicks before they hatch, some of those eggs would turn out to be duds.

Translation: Your theory may be proven wrong as the story progresses.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 07:20   Link #379
ImpelDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
That theory has NEVER been proven and you know it.
He said he thinks, so I don't think he was 100% on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Don't be counting chicks before they hatch, some of those eggs would turn out to be duds.

Translation: Your theory may be proven wrong as the story progresses.
Uhh, I didn't see a theory in what he said. He just said he would like to see Ace die.
Old 2009-05-31, 08:10   Link #380
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
For some reason, I think Shakuyaku and Paula have some kind of family relationship.

Shakuyaku wore clothes which had a spider drawn on it and Paula's shop is named Spider's Cafe.

They both own a bar/cafe and they also both smoke.