AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-15, 12:16   Link #281
Simonsy

I think the first two episodes ended the same part as episode 5 did in the original
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 23:33   Link #282
Clarste
Human

Your link is broken, presumably because the actual URL doesn't have ellipses in it.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 00:17   Link #283
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Heh, the voices are pretty strange. It will take me some time to adapt.

Episode 3 brought on a much slower pace. Can't remember if it's slower than 1999's portion, but it's definitely taking its time.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 03:05   Link #284
Belial13

It was slower, very strange
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 03:40   Link #285
ykf566

Cant remember the original but this episode followed pretty much everything in the manga.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 04:08   Link #286
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Cant remember the original but this episode followed pretty much everything in the manga.
Well, except for the lame "arms becoming flowers" thing.
But then again, in the original anime it was censored too, Hisoka just threatened the guy.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 05:37   Link #287
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Well, except for the lame "arms becoming flowers" thing.
I don't see how that's lame. It's a nice introduction into his character, especially with his title of being a magician. It is also a scene that does a good job of showing first time viewers what Hisoka is capable of.

I really liked some of the VA choices for Hunter exam members, especially Hanzo. I'm also rather pleased that the pace has slowed down this early in the adaptation. That should please some of the viewers who were against the fast pace from the first two episodes.
Old 2011-10-16, 07:06   Link #288
Clarste
Human

In what sense is he capable of turning people into flowers? It's just weird, really.

As for the pacing, the anime is still going at the same rate of 2 chapters per episode.
Old 2011-10-16, 08:33   Link #289
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see how that's lame. It's a nice introduction into his character, especially with his title of being a magician. It is also a scene that does a good job of showing first time viewers what Hisoka is capable of.
Probably because the point of the introduction was to show that he's a crazed and violent murderer and ripping off someone's arms gets that across much better than slowly and gently turning them into tiny little flowers, which is an ability he's never even been shown to possess in the manga.

Then again, anyone who expected that scene to make it in intact was fooling themselves, because, as mentioned by Goty, the first anime censored it as well (hell, even more so) and this anime's already been reported to be geared towards a younger audience.

Anyway, decent episode. Mariya Ise once again proves to me how talented she is by portraying a spot on Killua, whereas Daisuke Namikawa's Hisoka will definitely take some time getting used to, what with it being so different from Hiroki Takahashi's version, which was absolutely perfect for the character.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 09:00   Link #290
Kirarakim

Although I dislike censorship of any kind in the long run the story itself is more important than the violence.

Anyways since I am not used to the old voices (well except listening to Killua and Gon's character song on repeat) I personally like both Killua & Hisoka's seiyuu in this. Personally I think they fit the characters fine.

Anyways it was great to finally see Killua, my favorite Hunter X Hunter character.
Old 2011-10-16, 09:56   Link #291
ookamigirl

Finally at the exam place. Lots of competition and the trio is way down on the list.
No. 16 sure was a devious one, but the others are also serious opponents.
The exam began!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 12:37   Link #292
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Probably because the point of the introduction was to show that he's a crazed and violent murderer and ripping off someone's arms gets that across much better than slowly and gently turning them into tiny little flowers, which is an ability he's never even been shown to possess in the manga.
I am baffled about the flowers too. But then, it was never shown how he ripped the arms off in the manga. And there's also no blood gushing out or splattered, just like it just disappeared. If the the intent is to show that the arms disappeared, then the flower isn't much of a problem.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 13:06   Link #293
Ishe

Spoiler for Hisoka:
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 14:48   Link #294
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I am baffled about the flowers too. But then, it was never shown how he ripped the arms off in the manga. And there's also no blood gushing out or splattered, just like it just disappeared. If the the intent is to show that the arms disappeared, then the flower isn't much of a problem.
Spoiler for Manga:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 16:03   Link #295
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for Manga:
I don't think it's related to you-know-what.
It's just a censor for the TV edit. A fancy way to deal with gore material.
They will replace it with drops of blood falling all over in the DVD release...
...maybe.

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 16:32   Link #296
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

At the end of the day, the scene needing to be censored, and personally i found it to be quite a creative way of going about it. Pretty sure it'll be edited for DVD release, though for now i don't see what the problem is.
Old 2011-10-16, 16:38   Link #297
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

I never got around to watching this show, one of the few shows that i was planing to watch just never got around to it. So my question is how is this remake so far aside from toning down the blood and gore and what not

does it look like its gona be a faithfull adaption, never read much of the mana b4 cept the last half of the ant arc which was prety cool
cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 17:04   Link #298
Clarste
Human

Yup, very faithful so far, other than cutting out a flashback (which could easily be placed later).
Old 2011-10-16, 17:13   Link #299
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Pretty sure it'll be edited for DVD release
Like Fairy Tail and Toriko would be?
I really, really doubt it's gonna be any different with HunterxHunter. Long-running series don't have that luxury. We'll have to deal with the censorship.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 17:18   Link #300
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
We'll have to deal with the censorship.
Which i'm perfectly fine with doing.

Tags
action, shounen