AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 18:10   Link #21
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I think two chapters were enough to spend on Kabuto's past. As I feared it is more or less a revenge story, just in a roundabout manner. Well, I just hope this was the last one. Kishi really needs to get back to the other two fights.
I don't think it's revenge, it's about the ninja system fucking up the lives of these guys like Kabuto and Itachi and many more. It seems Kishi wants to come to a theme of how heroes and villains are born out of this mess, so that the story finally converges to the Naruto vs Sasuke battle and to the savior (the one) against Tobi the "nobody".
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 18:29   Link #22
itachi-san314

I'm really liking these flashbacks. as I've said in earlier threads, it is a bit late, but better late than never. I'm in no rush to go back to the other fights either as great as they are. the longer the wait, the more satisfying the read and the more time kishi has to spend on them.

also, I dont think this flashback is designed to make us feel sympathy for kabuto. maybe to a degree, but it is more to explain his life and let us make our own judgments if we want. he was a blank slate that could have gone either good or bad. danzo's methods were the cause for his turn and orochimaru was there to give him a purpose. i find it all very interesting and since orochi is one of my favorite characters, i'll never complain about seeing more of him. kabuto's story is a bit sad, but not really. i'm just enjoying it and i really like how it tied many characters in this chapter.

the only issue i have is the timeline relating to sasori and kabuto. i'm not sure that makes sense... this story makes sense, but not in light of what we've heard before i think
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 20:13   Link #23
Nagatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I don't think it's revenge, it's about the ninja system fucking up the lives of these guys like Kabuto and Itachi and many more. It seems Kishi wants to come to a theme of how heroes and villains are born out of this mess, so that the story finally converges to the Naruto vs Sasuke battle and to the savior (the one) against Tobi the "nobody".
Exactly. This whole story has become about how the Ninja system destroys peoples lives. From the very start of the series we have examples, Zabuza & Haku, Kabuto, obviously Sausuke, and even Naruto have been "tragic" victims of the cold ninja system. Now the story has to end off with Naruto tearing down the system and changing everything so that "no one has to suffer."

In that sense this flashback fits into place albeit its running a few chapters too long at this rate...
Nagatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 01:42   Link #24
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
The ninja system is the manga's true villain.

When Naruto becomes Pope, destroys the current ninja system and replaces it with Narutism, I also expect the countries to wipe away their borders and morph into one large country with provinces. Fits into what we are seeing in this war. With everyone fighting under one banner. And there will be marrying between the villages and mixing of clans.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 06:11   Link #25
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
also, I dont think this flashback is designed to make us feel sympathy for kabuto.
I also have to add that it's strange how some people complain that the author shows the child Kabuto as not being evil. What do these guys expect? Do they think there are people who are born evil and others born good? This way of thinking is like racism, and it's also a very simple black and white thinking about the world. The world is more complex than evil vs good, and for a manga that runs for 10 years, even if it's just a shonen manga it has to go beyond the simple Black&White depiction of the world, it makes the story more realistic and interesting.

And most importantly i believe there is no such thing as someone being born evil or good, everyone is born the same, then the society makes them either good or evil. Sure people are different, some are more introverted and some more extroverted, etc. and so their different traits make them react differently to events in the world. But if these events they suffer are really bad than it's the events that push them to be evil or good, and the difference in their personalities (are they more agressive or less agressive in nature due to their genetic inheritance, etc.) -while also being part of the equation - is not key factor of what they will become. And that is also one of the main points in this manga: when Naruto and Sasuke met for the last time it shows us a possible reverse situation, where the events have made of Naruto the evil one and Sasuke the good one (when Sasuke uses rasengan against Naruto's chidori).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 13:29   Link #26
lucasd

People are missing point, because it is a story
how Orochimaru got a disciple, and Kabuto a master (sensei).
There is no revenge in it...

So Kabuto is a new generation villain and he will live (though may loose this battle because he is outnumbered)
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:57   Link #27
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
There is a RAW out and a translation.

I have to say, Kishi is really testing his audience's patience with these flashbacks. We are not really learning anything new. Just some switching around of Kabuto's backstory like with Sasori. And some minor stuff like why Orochimaru wanted to create the Sound Village.

It just seems more like an exercise. Kabuto is going to die so we need his entire life history in the middle of a fight for his send-off. There had to be a better way to do this. It brings the manga to a screeching halt. I just hope this ends soon so we can get back to Naruto. I never thought I'd say that.
Seriously. Kabuto is such an unlikeable character no matter how you twist it. Must be the color purple that is associated with him. Sasuke and Itachi needs to hurry up and just end this clown already.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 01:21   Link #28
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Kabuto is Toguro elder brother from Yu Yu Hakusho
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 01:28   Link #29
strategos

still lost at the part of how he returned back to the village and the sasory part. how did root not kill him?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 01:52   Link #30
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Hmmm, another flashback chapter. And I believe this is the last one for Kabuto's story. Can't help to think that Orochimaru knew Danzou's plan to recruiting (forcefully) Kabuto into the Root, but later on assigned to be eliminated, and took that opportunity to get himself a genius henchman to help in his vile experiments. Almost made me feel sorry for Kabuto being a pawn for 2 evil dudes (Danzou and Orochimaru) to achieve their own selfish dream. I mean, For a spy to work for you in a long time, it's unlikely he will double-cross you...
Old 2012-04-30, 03:28   Link #31
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I have to say that I liked these past two chapters. I always wondered what had inspired such a skilled shinobi as Kabuto to give his complete loyalty to Orochimaru, and now I know.

No matter what else he might be, Orochimaru is supremely skilled at taking the disillusioned and disenfranchised and forging them into his personal weapons.
Old 2012-04-30, 11:37   Link #32
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
still lost at the part of how he returned back to the village and the sasory part. how did root not kill him?
He was under Orochimaru's protection. Obviously Oro and Danzou had an understanding.

For anyone feeling sorry for Kabuto, I wonder if Kishi will let Taka to have their revenge on him? Yeah, Kabuto was a victim, but he also did terrible things to them as Orochimaru's assistant, as this chapter showed. And they are the only living freaks from Oro's circus still around. I hate Taka and never want to see them again, but it would be poetic justice if Kabuto survives the Uchiha brothers only to get offed by angry lab experiments.
Old 2012-04-30, 17:35   Link #33
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
that's a very good point actually, how does any of this fit in with him showing his face at the chuunin exams? there was loads of ANBU around amongst which might have been multiple root and he himself did not always hide under his mask ...
Old 2012-04-30, 17:54   Link #34
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
that's a very good point actually, how does any of this fit in with him showing his face at the chuunin exams? there was loads of ANBU around amongst which might have been multiple root and he himself did not always hide under his mask ...
Obvious plot hole is obvious
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 22:49   Link #35
strategos

what about being under the control of akatsuki? how did it happened =/ did got that part. He just went by and got trap? didn't he say he didn't knew he was under the spell until just when naruto was about to reach Orochimaru's hideout?

Old 2012-05-01, 00:27   Link #36
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Obvious plot hole is obvious
Why is this so hard to understand? Kabuto was under Orochimaru's protection then. That is why he was able to walk around Konoha during the Chunnin exams. If Danzou killed Kabuto he would jeopardize his relationship with Orochimaru.

This is not a plot hole.
Old 2012-05-01, 02:06   Link #37
strategos

Even after he left the village and betrayed everyone, Danzou still had ties with him O_o?

Old 2012-05-01, 02:20   Link #38
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ No Orochimaru = no Hashirama arm = no Izanagi.
Old 2012-05-01, 07:48   Link #39
Eragon
Still Alive

^ That's the truth. And Danzou probably wanted to keep track of what Oro was doing since he was a threat to Konoha. Keep your enemies closer, they say.
Old 2012-05-01, 10:17   Link #40
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

didn't thought there would be so many links here and there in kabuto's past
and kabuto, mixing so many blood samples and injecting into himself like that was disgusting, no wonder kabuto now has a body like this

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion