AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-12-21, 13:38   Link #81
arkhangelsk

Though it is late, I found time to see the 2nd season just now. It seems the author kind of wussed out and made routes for everyone in the end, though Uruka still got Route #1.

As for the anime, though I hadn't read the comic, I suspect it retained the element keeping everyone more or less even. But I wasn't too shocked to see Uruka win despite the basic structure of the show and likely comic suggesting Fumino is the main girl. Fumino spends more time pushing Uruka than pushing herself, and while that might make the reader/viewer like her more and consider her more deserving (I like Fumino too, guys), realistically it's not going to improve her chances with Nariyuki.

Further, someone has actually counted Season 1 and it seems that Uruka got the most "events". While I hadn't seen the count of season 2, I can't help but suspect that's true here as well, and among the Uruka episodes selected are one where Nariyuki calls her "his steady" if by accident (I'm amazed she understood that). Uruka also knows that she sees Nariyuki as a love interest from the start while the rest of the girls are still figuring themselves out. She does have some advantages, despite a lot of hesitation.

The whole send Uruka overseas twist also is a big hint because it either means Uruka is really being shafted in by being put on a bus, or they are going to let Uruka take the win.

While Fumino got her character development completed, the way it completed did not mandate them to progress further. If anything, it may be an intended and planned sop to the Fumino fans (I think in the polls, Mafuyu was first, then Fumino) while giving the final prize to Uruka.

I also like how after a while they stopped bullying poor Mafuyu-sensei so much and gave her a few rounds where we actually see her being a competent instructor rather than the ditz-form.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2020-12-21 at 14:06.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote