AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-03-16, 20:36   Link #1601
Nirvash0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
vol 11 release day was out, May 1, 2017.......T.T.....like that 6 freaking month from last vol and 2 month from now....thanks god the anime air cause it spend up the year
But the OAV of season 2 was supposed to come in july WITH vol 12.

We get 11 in may and then 12 like 10 weeks after?

???
Nirvash0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-20, 10:31   Link #1602
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvash0 View Post
But the OAV of season 2 was supposed to come in july WITH vol 12.

We get 11 in may and then 12 like 10 weeks after?

???
Yeah, i know that sucks but that how the last OVA was release.....MONTHS LATER WHEN THE FIRST SEASON FINISHED & HOW other OVA are usually release.

Anyway Thanks to "Bersi", vol 11 will be the "Komekko arc" AKA the BEST LITTLE SISTER EVER. If you havent read the spin off prequel manga of Megumin before Kono S1, she is literally the best part of the manga. Cause reading Ln vol 5 after reading the ongoing manga really help the reader identity what character she is in the LN cause it wasnt clear at first read.

And knowing Komekko, gonna be a lot of teasing between Megumin & Kazuma, which i dont mind cause i dont expect any relationship to happen till the end......& judging this snail pace release schedule (damn you Kamachi(Toaru) for spoiling me for a LN a month) 2020 till it ends cause i can see it ending in the early 20's volume since most of the Demons lords are defeated.

Last edited by mark1246; 2017-03-22 at 18:56.
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 17:16   Link #1603
Nirvash0

Is not about the OAV, is about getting vol 12 so close after half a year for 11. (OAV also selling stand alone i believe)

They just can't keep a schedule.
Nirvash0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 17:58   Link #1604
Twi

This is going to sound strange, but did Aqua keep the snow sprite she found in the anime in the light novel?
Old 2017-03-23, 22:16   Link #1605
Xftg123

Btw, does anyone know of the author is female or not? Some people from other places that the "Konosuba" author's female because of the girls being rather. . .idiotic.

The only other author I can think of who made a harem series and is female is, surprisingly, Haganai's author, Yomi Hirasaka.

But back on topic, is te Konosuba author female or not?
Xftg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-23, 23:59   Link #1606
Waxman

About the snow sprite, Kazuma killed it after he was revived and returned to the guild.
It doesn't mean anything but i would have loved for the second season to end in a cliffhanger. Because i love Kazuma reaction to Yun Yun declaration.
Anyways, with Sylivia beign slayed by Komekko what could possibly threathen the Crimson Clan?
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 08:06   Link #1607
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
About the snow sprite, Kazuma killed it after he was revived and returned to the guild.?
Did he? It was never mentioned again so I figured it melted away during spring or summer.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-24, 13:03   Link #1608
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Did he? It was never mentioned again so I figured it melted away during spring or summer.
Isn't that sprite the power source of the refrigerator? I remember they mentioning it once or something while they were drinking something cold.
Old 2017-03-28, 16:44   Link #1609
Daysun22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xftg123 View Post
Btw, does anyone know of the author is female or not? Some people from other places that the "Konosuba" author's female because of the girls being rather. . .idiotic.

The only other author I can think of who made a harem series and is female is, surprisingly, Haganai's author, Yomi Hirasaka.

But back on topic, is te Konosuba author female or not?
She's a female
Old 2017-03-28, 17:22   Link #1610
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xftg123 View Post

Interesting, I didn't know that. Btw. Sakurako Gokurakuin is another example.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 21:26   Link #1611
Xftg123

Oh yeah, Sakurako does some ecchi series herself.

But anyhow, I think Konosuba would be good for a 3rd season, there are still 6 more volumes to be adapted fully (I don't know if the 2nd season covered 2 LN's again like with the 1st session, someone left me know).

Also, I was able to read the "Konsuba" official translation from Yen Press. Here are my thoughts on it.
Spoiler for OFFICIAL KONOSUBA TRANSLATION THOUGHTS:
Xftg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 07:26   Link #1612
ooPeaToo

Cover volume 11

Spoiler for Vol 11:
ooPeaToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 07:45   Link #1613
Waxman

It seems that Chomsuke may still be dinner yet, i hope Kazuma can prevent that.
Old 2017-04-16, 09:12   Link #1614

Chomsuke must be saved for the eventual and inevitable return of Wolbach!!!!!

And give Komekko something to chew on so she can stop drooling over Chomsuke!
998185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-18, 05:44   Link #1615
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Once again, we got best girl's development story~~~
Old 2017-04-21, 09:06   Link #1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Once again, we got best girl's development story~~~
I'm assuming that you meant Megumin. She's getting most of the attention these days. Looking back at primary character (minus Kazuma) in each volume:

Aqua
Darkness
Megumin
5,9, bakuen side-stories 1-3, bakuen zoku 1, and assuming 11
Iris
Eris
Vanir
the vanir side story 1

Can't really decide on 2.
Old 2017-04-21, 09:33   Link #1617
KnightShade

I'll be the one to say it; konosuba was funnier before it became the same generic harem it likes to poke fun at. These excessive romance volumes that go nowhere are bogging down the series as kazuma keeps spilling his spaghetti to the point that he is less an alpha and more a self aware beta. And megumin just isnt funny enough to carry volumes like kazuma or aqua, the same as which applies to darkness. The dynamic between the main group has gotten stale ever since the shipping took over and if the author doesnt ditch the wn ending, or at least get back to the group just fucking around, it will lose all its initial appeal.
Old 2017-04-21, 10:00   Link #1618

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
I'll be the one to say it; konosuba was funnier before it became the same generic harem it likes to poke fun at. These excessive romance volumes that go nowhere are bogging down the series as kazuma keeps spilling his spaghetti to the point that he is less an alpha and more a self aware beta. And megumin just isnt funny enough to carry volumes like kazuma or aqua, the same as which applies to darkness. The dynamic between the main group has gotten stale ever since the shipping took over and if the author doesnt ditch the wn ending, or at least get back to the group just fucking around, it will lose all its initial appeal.
I kind of agree, at least in that the past couple of volumes in the main sequence, and the last few side-stories weren't as enjoyable for me as the earlier volumes. Iris was too overpowered to have any real problem in 10, but this was strangely a problem in most recent stories; in 9, aqua became competent at fixing the wall and yunyun teleported at will for megumin to do surgical strikes; there was no over-riding threat in 8, etc.
Old 2017-04-21, 10:12   Link #1619
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
Kazuma was never an alpha to begin with. He was always a beta character and if we're being honest on the lower edge of the beta character from the start. The series stopped being interesting because of the fact that we've come to the reality that the characters are never going to become anything more then they were at the beginning of the series
Megumi- Magical girl whose a one trick pony (great trick but still one trick)
Darkness- Hot masochist who can take a lot of hits but not deal them out
Aqua- petty goddess whose only good at getting characters out of the messes they're already in (usually caused by her)
Kazuma-Although improved he's still at his core selfish and Iris has helped but not enough to really make him a standout MC.

This series simply isn't interesting enough because the characters aren't gonna be anything more then they are and until that changes the same old same old won't really work. The romance is laughable because it seems like nobody wants to actually do something and the jokes have stopped being funny.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-21, 23:11   Link #1620
Waxman

Hm... I really don't see it that way, most of the jokes do still work for me and while i am not fan of the romance parts i take them for what they're, the reemplacement of the money problem.
Of course they will defeat powerfull enemies with little problem, they always do that, and while the main cast hasn't changed at least i know them better and i like them more because of it.
And the romance, as i said, i don't take it seriously, is just Kazuma's new worry after he secured the economical part and i laugh of how he handle it.
That said i reckon i am a simple men, with simple tastes, hell the other day i laughed myself silly when my brother was hit in the crotch.

Tags
another world, harem, humour/comedy, licensed, sort of harem, weak protagonist