5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-05-08, 21:47   Link #41
charles883

In my theory, I think 3rd party the one who cause that crater such as Anti-UN. I think like HYDRA, some Anti-UN infiltrate NUNS and use that bomb as they most likely knew that that bomb will weaken seal of the weapon. Then they wait out on Wind Kingdom vs NUNS knowing NUNS will win the war and take opportunity to steal the weapon and mind control entire galaxy.

I think Mirage will remove her emotional baggage and become better pilot
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 22:03   Link #42
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Most damage? Until this episode, she got hit by superficial shots in episode 1 and that is it. Hayate got his ass pretty beat up in episode 4 and Makina complained that Hayate is the one who bring back his plane as awful conditions in every sortie in this one.
Hayate is a rookie, but even he did better this time. He'll surpass her soon enough, and she's already the worst in the team if you put him aside.

Maybe she'll get better. It's not like I'm not giving her the benefit of the doubt. I'm just disappointed with her current skills.
Old 2016-05-08, 22:42   Link #43
ReddyRedWolf

You can see the difference between NUNS/Chaos pilots and Aerial Knights on taking lives. For NUNS/Chaos pilots they are professional soldiers but kills still weigh on their conscience particularly if their opponent is being controlled. The Aerial Knights they treat battles as a bloody game. Hermann was spoon feeding the newbie for his first kill . Hermann indulging him and not watching his back got him killed. While Windermereans have a Newtype flash effect their reaction times can only come after the fact. Especially if it is an ace pilot or a genius with Fold Quartz hax.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 22:58   Link #44
Fairy Water

The more I watch the more Mikumo looks like an arrogant bitch.

Also about how they project Walkure live show on asteroid looks distracting as fck. :/ the only light u need in a fight is the enemy's, not some flashy flying rock surround you.
Whoever come up with technology in this series must have a thing for idol than mecha.

Mirage is Hayate's mentor. Hayate boost is logical so I let him pass but Mirage is not any better than him now is such a let down. Well cliche development ~
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 23:01   Link #45
Wandering Soul

Nice episode. I enjoyed the dog fight.

Both Hayate and Freyja will have to accept what this war means. Hayate has to accept that he will probably have to take more lives as the war goes on and Freyja will have to learn how to continue singing for everyone while bearing the scorn of her people.

Curious on the story behind that dimensional scar that's on the Windermere planet.
Old 2016-05-08, 23:03   Link #46
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The Aerial Knights they treat battles as a bloody game. Hermann was spoon feeding the newbie for his first kill . Hermann indulging him and not watching his back got him killed. While Windermereans have a Newtype flash effect their reaction times can only come after the fact. Especially if it is an ace pilot or a genius with Fold Quartz hax.
This pretty much just shows how immature the Aerial Knights are in comparison to the NUNS regarding treatment of wars.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 23:05   Link #47
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
She's trying to mentor Freyja to be better. She's the first one who always goes to rescue her and puts her body to shield her (she did it again this episode). They are always under attack, you know, she cannot risk that Freyja falters because someone said mean words to her. Now I am sympathetic with Freyja because she is under real duress and stress, far more than I am with Mirage's 'family baggage' which makes me roll my eyes, but Mikumo has a point. Just like Messer.

She's always encouraging her on little things like her relationship with Hayate (if only to improve her singing).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 23:09   Link #48
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
More like a stealth mentor. She has a point. Freyja's resolve should not be shaken if an asshole calls her traitor. Also who does she sing for? The galaxy or that pilot whom she wants to be her boyfriend?
Old 2016-05-08, 23:22   Link #49
Thess

Quote:
More like a stealth mentor. She has a point. Freyja's resolve should not be shaken if an asshole calls her traitor. Also who does she sing for? The galaxy or that pilot whom she wants to be her boyfriend?
I don't think Freyja wants Bogue to be her boyfriend. But I don't think Mikumo cares if she sings about the galaxy (I don't think Mikumo does either, she admires Heinz' song after all. She sings for singing sake?). She just wants Freyja to figure out what she sings for really.

If it's apples, then "music is delicious!" can be her catchphrase, but she has to stick to her guns so her resolve won't falter.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-05-08, 23:23   Link #50
AkitoW013

Quote:
Not really, she's like Messer, both of them are the aces of their group and are harsh mentors who train the newbies with tough love.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 23:25   Link #51
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't think Freyja wants Bogue to be her boyfriend.
*facepalm*
Old 2016-05-08, 23:43   Link #52
Darthtabby

This episode was full bore awesome.

Also, I feel like I should have something more meaningful to say about this show then chiming in every couple of episodes to say how awesome it is.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 23:55   Link #53
Thess

Quote:
*facepalm*
Her resolve faltered because Bogue called her a traitor. She's trying to make her see that guy's word doesn't matter.

If you mean Hayate, and I hope you don't, you think it's a bad thing? Mikumo seems to be the nº1 fan of their relationship, whether platonic or romance. In this episode alone, she looked approvingly when Freyja's rune reacted to him and was the only time she approved of her this episode. She doesn't care why Freyja sings, if it's for her boyfriend or the galaxy or delicious apples, she doesn't care, but she wants Freyja to know why she does it. Heinz's not singing for the sake of the galaxy, but he sings with a conviction which Mikumo loves. She just wants Freyja to figure out her reason to give her all because she has zero self-awareness which hurts her performance.

I don't think it'll be an easy answer because we're setting up for a slow burn plot here to awake Freyja's wind rune powers or some plot related thing. I don't think it's for Hayate either, but he could become a reason. When she sang the first two times, Freyja had a flashback of her city in flames. There's a connection of staking your life on it which also comes with Heinz who is singing himself to death.

Old 2016-05-08, 23:57   Link #54
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

I loved this episode so much. The dogfight sequence in the asteroid belt was visually fantastic, and it gave Hayate another opportunity to learn and mature as a soldier.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Messer seems especially uptight, and reasonably so, with impending conflict with Windemere on the horizon. He probably feels like it's his duty to keep the rest of the squadron alive, even if he doesn't show it in warm, fuzzy ways.

I also liked how Mirage and Hayate connected through their resolve to be better pilots, and
Spoiler for spoiler:

So far we seem to be getting a new Walkure song with each episode, too.

|facebook.twitter|
Ceci-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 00:04   Link #55
tsunade666

who is Lady M? Anyone got a clue?

So As expected, the NUNS aren't taking it seriously but its pretty obvious with a single planet trying to declare war against a galaxy?Universe? spread military organization. Its just something you won't take seriously. Plus with the ending of the scar on their home planet and the politics that revolves around it. I can see lots of points and pointing of fingers there.

I love it when I see the start of the triangle. Something I absolutely love in macross story. I won't get annoyed or want to kill someone with stupid harem and would just focus on romance around 3 people. Freyja at the ending looks pitiful but I can't actually see her being a helped to Hayate at that moment. It might sound just insensitive if she tries to comfort him. I always view it as insensitive is someone said that "I understand what you feel" even if they haven't experience it yet. They can try to understand it but they won't understand it, unless they experience it on their own.

Messer is really a tough cookie but at least his a cookie. its tough in the outside but sweet in the inside. I just hope its not a rotten cookie or a near expiration date cookie. I always liked it when skull 1 died in the line of duty but then again, the last skull 1 in frontier manage to survived.
Old 2016-05-09, 00:25   Link #56
Darthtabby

I think the whole "Lady M" thing is a fairly blatant attempt to tease fans who want to know what happened to the cast of the original Macross.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 00:34   Link #57
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
She wasn't paying attention to the battlefield before Herrman attacked her. That's like a stupid rookie's mistake (something I let Hayate to commit, but not Mirage). Elysium crew called her family elite, not Mirage herself, they just assumed she was as good as they are (and she isn't). I'm not saying she's completely awful, but she's awful comparatively with the rest of her team. She's not just worse than Messer, she's the worst one of the five.

It really annoys me because I expected someone competent. Maybe you're right, and she'll become better. I'll be cautiously optimistic.
Er...to be honest, I sorta took it as; she spent most of the battle watching out for Hayate's back because that's kind of her job (and cus she's a marshmallow).

Prior to it she was keeping him alive by distracting an enemy unit when he was open + lopping the machine's head off during a grapple. Nobody else is bothering because they basically assigned babysitting duty onto her, and she's serious enough of a person to not let him get killed. From the very start she considered him a civillian not military, so it's only right that she still worries.

He then literally bum rushed after the two pros dueling (...because he wanted to) and she was sent chasing after his reckless act. Sure he turned out alright on his own, but that's the entire point about Hayate now isn't it? He's unpredictable, but that goes both ways, to the enemy but Mirage as well. She can't just assume he'll survive in a war (yet) but that also put her in a disadvantaged position.

Sure you can try to argue that Messer wouldn't have been in the same situation as she has, but Messer with his Spartan ways would probably let him die if he did something so unnecessary under his watch. I also don't doubt he'd have shot him down during unauthorized cruising in the previous episode either. It's why the threat was taken seriously.

Iunno...her story is being framed with the "she's not flexible enough to adapt" plot point right now but Hayate isn't honestly helping her situation (yet).
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 00:36   Link #58
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
who is Lady M? Anyone got a clue?
Lots of women in Macross has M in their first name.

Mylene Jenius - Macross 7
Miho Miho- Macross 7, Battle 7 operator transferred to Valhalla III Sound Project operator
Miranda Jenius- Mirage's mom
Miracle Jenius
Muse Jenius
Moaramia Jenius
Milia- Hey she did customize her VF-22S with Sound Boosters
Myung - Macross Plus
Mio Levinas - Macross 7th Chord , 2nd generation Sound Force
Molly- Macross VF-X, Milky Doll idol Native American and part Zentradi
Mei Feilong- Macross 30, Hunter Guild leader

Or Bilrer finally found her... Minmay
Old 2016-05-09, 00:40   Link #59
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Lots of women in Macross has M in their first name.

Mylene Jenius - Macross 7
Miho Miho- Macross 7, Battle 7 operator transferred to Valhalla III Sound Project operator
Miranda Jenius- Mirage's mom
Miracle Jenius
Muse Jenius
Moaramia Jenius
Milia- Hey she did customize her VF-22S with Sound Boosters
Myung - Macross Plus
Mio Levinas - Macross 7th Chord , 2nd generation Sound Force
Molly- Macross VF-X, Milky Doll idol Native American and part Zentradi
Mei Feilong- Macross 30, Hunter Guild leader

Or Bilrer finally found her... Minmay
I'm crossing my fingers for Mylene honestly. I think it makes the most sense given the return of the Jenius name + the Walkure battle gear having so much in common with M7...

I don't think the Macross world can survive seeing an old lady Minmay...some legends just need to stay...legendary
ippus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 00:53   Link #60
lubczyk

Excellent. I like how Freyja's and Hayate's superiors are pushing them to be better and not just giving them a pat on the head. Tough love. Messer and Mikumo don't have time to cuddle their underlings, they need to push them to perform here and now. If they and their comrades are to have a chance to survive, they'll have to give 110%. The moment they falter, they will lose. Freyja needs to accept that she is a soldier and not an idol. Fates of entire planets, squadrons and ships are dependent on her performing consistently without doubt. She's as much a soldier as Hayate and not a mere performer.

Edit: It appears I'm not the only one thinking these thoughts.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote