AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-05-19, 05:15   Link #161
Millennium Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show1983 View Post
Anyone that wants vol 9 illustrations, pm me
I like those illustrations please. And the previous volumes, too.
Millennium Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 09:40   Link #162
personax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show1983 View Post
Anyone that wants vol 9 illustrations, pm me
would like the illustrations for vol 9 please.
personax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 09:49   Link #163
mickbis

you guy need to pm him
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 16:01   Link #164
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddychan View Post
damn, roar

Need MORE CHAPTERS ROAR!

It's been years, since mushoku tensei, made me WANT MORE CHAPTERS
EVERY DAY hahaha

None of the Generic Fuckboy or Generic GarySue Webnovel Made me
want to read every chapter everyday,

except for this and Mushoku Tensei hahaha
And I hate MC with Timid personality.. Ryouma is one of best mc that I found...

WTF japan? Why are you became coward?
Old 2018-05-29, 00:02   Link #165
mickbis

coward/timid MC is one thing
OP MC for cheap template reason like God given power or cheat ability is annoying me more
at least Ryouma is one of those who obtain his skill by doing something
(ex. reading strategy book, train body )
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 11:06   Link #166
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
And I hate MC with Timid personality.. Ryouma is one of best mc that I found...

WTF japan? Why are you became coward?
and the story has some of the most cliche villains.

it is like the author went to villain section of cliche are us and took every cliche villain on the shelf.

and then added a extra does of stupidity.
Old 2018-05-30, 21:37   Link #167
pezzie

I hate the narration style in this story.

The thing where the narrator goes AND THEN THE MAJOR EVENT THAT WILL SHAKE THE ANNALS OF HISTORY IS SOON TO HAPPEN... except this author does that like every 3rd chapter.

EDIT: A new batch of translated chapters just came out, and these were literally the first lines:

Quote:
It was the turning point of history.

The beginning of an incident that would later be engraved deeply into the history of the western continent, and it started with one seemingly unchanging morning.
Like, that kind of gravity loses all meaning when you are CONSTANTLY using it!!

Last edited by pezzie; 2018-06-01 at 09:16.
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 23:00   Link #168
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I think this is the only Novel I've read where beautiful Princess/Queen is not equal to having peaceful reign of her Kingdom. Kinda feel bad for Lupis but she brought this on herself. I did like how that Princess from the Empire suffered a crushing defeat even though she was introduced as a capable general at first. Turns out the summoned people are not just blindly following the Empire and have an agenda of their own. I actually symphatize more for their cause than Ryouma's.

And I agree with some of you. Ryouma is a Gary Stu. It's not so much as he's intelligent but those around him are being dumb down by the Author so that Ryouma can shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
coward/timid MC is one thing
OP MC for cheap template reason like God given power or cheat ability is annoying me more
at least Ryouma is one of those who obtain his skill by doing something
(ex. reading strategy book, train body )
Training his body maybe but it's too unbelievable for Ryouma to become an expertise in medieval warfare just from reading some books. I don't think he's even a military otaku whose obsess on reading about ancient military wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
Dude you talk about ryouma opness forgetting that any 10 years old bumpkin can access google.. I learn warfare strategy on google ya know..(medieval total war) any smart bumpkin can do that with little modification.
But not to the point that you would know what everyone is thinking like Ryouma seems to do.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2018-07-03 at 23:28.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 06:52   Link #169
Flare007

Hi, I was thinking about giving this story a try. But I’d like to know some things first. From what I know, the MC actually not only escaped from being a slave from the country that summoned him and had twin sisters serving him, but he even helped with a civil war of another kingdom and was given a title and territory from said kingdom once it was finished. But if that is the case, how did the Princess betrayed him?

And has he already made his territory independent and even gotten revenge on said princess/queen? Also, does the Queen actually hate more or fear him?
Flare007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 07:14   Link #170
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ The reason the MC got involved in the civil war in the first place was because a guild master forced his party to be decoys for the coup faction of the civil war (which is a breach of conduct since the guild is supposed to be neutral) and since the MC was essentially a nameless newbie at this point in time against a guild master, he needed a guarantor to back him up when petitioning about this to the guild. Thus the deal was that he help the princess defeat the coup faction in exchange for her being his guarantor and he would go back to doing what he was before the whole incident after everything is said and done.

Then just as the MC thought everything was over and he could go back on his way, she did that heel face turn (suggested by a spy of the kingdom that summoned the MC) and forcefully bound him to her kingdom in an attempt to restrain him out of fear of the abilities he had displayed during the civil war. Since she could go back on being his guarantor in petitioning to the guild (which without one, he and the other adventurers that were on the decoy mission would be branded as traitors to the guild), he had no choice but to accept the title and territory. So in retaliation, accepted after forcing onto the princess conditions that would essentially make his territory completely independent and decided to bide his time building up power to revolt and get pay back.
Old 2018-07-04, 07:20   Link #171
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare007 View Post
Hi, I was thinking about giving this story a try. But I’d like to know some things first. From what I know, the MC actually not only escaped from being a slave from the country that summoned him and had twin sisters serving him, but he even helped with a civil war of another kingdom and was given a title and territory from said kingdom once it was finished. But if that is the case, how did the Princess betrayed him?

And has he already made his territory independent and even gotten revenge on said princess/queen? Also, does the Queen actually hate more or fear him?
The original deal was he will help Princess Lupis to win in the Civil war in exchange she clears his name because one of his opponents who framed him is an influential Guild Master. Afterwards he would then leave the Rozeria Kingdom. Unfortunately once the war was over Lupis and her idiotic band of incompetence grew fearful of his ability to lead in war and they didn't want him to ally with another country and becoming enemies with them. So they force into him a noble title and gave him a territory full of problems with Monsters and pirates as a "reward" for his contribution in the war. They made it so that if he refused he and his group will be killed on site. Ryouma felt betrayed because that was not the original deal so Lupis and her group climbed at the top of his Hitlist.

Recent TL he is still in the process of getting his revenge. The Queen fears him but she doesn't really hate him.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2018-07-04, 07:22   Link #172
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ The guild master that forced them on the mission wasn't the MC's enemy or anything. He simply head hunted the MC's party because one of the knight sisters coincidentally looked like the person he needed a decoy for.
Old 2018-07-04, 07:24   Link #173
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

^Yeah I know but by doing so the Guild Master became one of his enemies. He later sent his ninja assassins to kill that Guild Master to cut out a potential problem.

Old 2018-07-04, 08:32   Link #174
Flare007

Thanks but in if this is the case, does the MC hate the Princess and her retainer(the loyal female warrior I think?)
Old 2018-07-04, 08:33   Link #175
Flare007

Also I recall from the manga there should be some who are friends with him? Some nobles I mean
Old 2018-07-24, 06:56   Link #176
Blazor 98

Quote:
Thanks but in if this is the case, does the MC hate the Princess and her retainer(the loyal female warrior I think?)
Yes, the MC does hate the princess and her retainer. Despite all the effort that Ryouma did for them, they back stab him by trying to confine him out of fear. However they don't realize that they actually screwed themselves because Ryouma made certain conditions that are favorable for himself.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-24, 13:10   Link #177
Flare007

While I understand the Princess due to the Nobles’ influences, shouldn’t the female retainer have more awareness of some kind?
Old 2018-07-24, 14:56   Link #178
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
While I understand the Princess due to the Nobles’ influences, shouldn’t the female retainer have more awareness of some kind?
Unfornately she's the kind of retainer that is clueless. Think about it, her way of recruiting allies for their faction is to compel their honor and duty to their country. That's fine and dandy but nobles are a greedy bunch and would want compensation like lands or wealth for their help so she was failing in her attempts because she never offered rewards. Ryouma had to take over the recruitment so they can get help. She also fails to give good advice to the princess in terms of politics and keeps telling Lupis that she's doing a good job when it's the opposite.

Frankly the Author is to blame for dumbing down everybody so that Ryouma can come in and look "smart".

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2018-07-24 at 16:24.
Old 2018-07-24, 16:04   Link #179
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post

Frankly the Author is to blame for dumbing down everybody so that Ryouma cam come in and look "smart".
the author has no clue how to make the mc look smart so he resorts to making the other case look dumb.

growing up in that kind environment, neither the princess nor the attendant should that dumb.
Old 2018-07-26, 18:43   Link #180
Flare007

I see, but weren’t there any nobles who sided with Ryouma in the end? Like some who don’t fear him?

Tags
cliche villains, gary stu mc, politics, strategy