AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-01-03, 16:28   Link #21
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
The extra episodes on the Blu-ray are two, I have heard - one dedicated to the kouhai at the workplace and one to the main female lead. I also saw some pictures of the lines for getting the bd's in an article somewhere (was it ANN or CR? I forget) ... somehow I am not terribly surprised.
Old 2017-01-03, 17:16   Link #22
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Man, there's so many people who want a Tawawa moment at least once in their lives, and I understand the sentiment.
Heck, I could use a moment or two, between all of the pressures of work and deadlines.
Old 2017-01-03, 23:10   Link #23
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

i hope this funds for a second season of tawawa, we need this EVERY MONDAY

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 01:06   Link #24
scififan

The second season is quite sudden.

Ai and her imouto are playing Nadia joke(?). I think this joke has the origin in the manga Fist of North Stars.

Ai's classmate is about to find out Ai's secret relationship with the salaryman?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 20:26   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Woaah, something happened to the character designs

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-22, 09:37   Link #26
Lex79

Ah, so this is where the thread is...I was surprised when season 2 was announced, I guess the manga being serialized helped it. Now I have to look for season 1...
The series is surely nice, the only negative is that due to the different timezone I have to watch it on Monday afternoon instead of Monday morning.
Old 2021-10-22, 11:37   Link #27
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Adding a pair of characters with actual significant development in their relationships was a good move.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-22, 14:45   Link #28
Lex79

They did a good job considering that sensei doesn't have spoken lines.
Talking about dialogues, I have to admit that I'm still not completely accustomed to hear characters like salaryman or senpai talking with an actual voice while maintaining the trademark eyeless design.
Old 2021-11-02, 00:11   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Season has been solid with the pretty spread out focus. That teacher/student ship really has gone quite the distance. Even acknowledging that it will be a long road towards having a full blown wedding ceremony due to the general reactions to their marriage.
Old 2021-11-02, 09:32   Link #30
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Season has been solid with the pretty spread out focus. That teacher/student ship really has gone quite the distance. Even acknowledging that it will be a long road towards having a full blown wedding ceremony due to the general reactions to their marriage.
And that sensei is fighting hard to make it happen just to see her in a wedding dress (who wouldn't, though?) .
Old 2021-11-04, 00:58   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And that sensei is fighting hard to make it happen just to see her in a wedding dress (who wouldn't, though?) .
Yeah, no surprise he's working hard towards it for that reason . Although my favorite scene for that couple was him proposing before she was ready to record it .
Old 2021-11-19, 17:05   Link #32
Ghostfriendly

Some of this is cute rather than creepy. The episodes with the salaryman's boss at the gym and dentist were quite wholesome, since the girls are just being pretty while doing their job rather than grooming their teacher.

Yes, student + teacher = morality x zero, even when the student initiates something they're not qualified to choose. The teacher can't easily avoid the student while doing his job. He has a duty of care which is going to confuse his feelings, making him a vulnerable adult who's being tempted to do something wrong that he is going to suffer the legal consequences for. Lolita was the story of a precocious, disturbed girl seducing a vulnerable adult, according to a school of thought.

The black-underwear worship in ep 7 was especially creepy, and the salaryman's mention that Ai 'knows how others see her' makes her teasing of him also creepy. The sempai-kohai storyline actually doesn't have much of a workplace-sexual harassment vibe at all, and two adults, so not bad at all. The most wholesome relationship actually has to be the little sister and the sporty lesbian girl; even Ai getting groped by another girl, which she doesn't mind, is less threatening and toxic than the male gaze. Of course, the best couple are probably going to get the least screentime and development, typical really...
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 04:25   Link #33
Lex79

To me it's the opposite. I like Ai chan and Maegami arcs the most and I can't wait for the former to end officially together with salaryman. I'm a bit annoyed by the lack of progress between kouhai and senpai, and I'd erase volleyball lesbian from existence in an heartbeat. Actually, in the manga
Spoiler for Ai chan reaction from being groped:
Old 2021-11-23, 00:21   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Latest episode was good fun. This pair of childhood friends are quite something. She definitely pushes things, but equally amusing that he is actually buying all her magazines at the same time.

I don't really have much issue with ships like the teacher and former student. Mostly since things only went anywhere after the point reached of her being a former student. And their lives will be connected a lot longer as a married couple than where it originally started.

Only downside I've had with the season is feeling like the original main pair have had too little time to interact this season. Is what it is, but still hope to see a bit more on that front before the season ends.
Old 2021-11-23, 23:39   Link #35
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Some of this is cute rather than creepy. The episodes with the salaryman's boss at the gym and dentist were quite wholesome, since the girls are just being pretty while doing their job rather than grooming their teacher.

Yes, student + teacher = morality x zero, even when the student initiates something they're not qualified to choose. The teacher can't easily avoid the student while doing his job. He has a duty of care which is going to confuse his feelings, making him a vulnerable adult who's being tempted to do something wrong that he is going to suffer the legal consequences for. Lolita was the story of a precocious, disturbed girl seducing a vulnerable adult, according to a school of thought.
I'm not sure how you came to that interpretation of Lolita, considering it was only narrated from the guy's point of view, and he not only married the girl's mother, but he had raped her and later bribes her into having sex while she is still 12.

While Maegami-chan is still young, the teacher still held back until she graduated and their relationship is fully consensual afterwards.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-24, 04:21   Link #36
Lex79

Agreed that the new couple look nice and that there should be more of Ai chan and salaryman.
Old 2021-11-28, 23:10   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm going to admit that I don't get the point of bringing the friend along for the shopping trip. Yes, she did break the bra which was a thing. But if Ai isn't making her pay for it then what's the point of bringing someone along that is guaranteed to at least peek on her changing? The end of the episode wasn't fun for her. But if she didn't pointlessly make that person come along with her then it doesn't happen.

Think the season as a whole will be a mixed bag. Some good moments for sure. But episodes like this that waste the surprisingly rare Ai focus. Good for the girl who is finally getting her wedding that she wanted though. That's a nice detail.
Old 2021-11-29, 11:55   Link #38
Lex79

Let me just say that I'm always disappointed when we get Ai chan without salaryman. Anyway, looks like she is now Kay chan, I wonder if it's the same for the manga.
Old 2021-11-29, 12:51   Link #39
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Let me just say that I'm always disappointed when we get Ai chan without salaryman. Anyway, looks like she is now Kay chan, I wonder if it's the same for the manga.
Nope, they joked about it once in manga/S1 and when got back to calling her Ai-chan.

I personally more interested in some secondary pairs (just not damn Sempai - Kouhai pair with their middle-schoolers behaviour). But I do wish they showed us more development of the main pair.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-11-29 at 13:01.
Old 2021-12-06, 05:51   Link #40
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Ending the season with Maegami's weddinjg was a good move. There will be one more ep. with BD-ox on 13th (I wonder, if CR stream it).

All in all I found S2 much beter that S2 because they focused more on the plot and adding Maegami - Sensei pair was a great move (Cheer and her childhood friend were also fun to watch). I realy hope they'll make S3 (and we won't have to wait for it for 5 years).

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-12-07 at 03:07.