Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-05-26, 22:30   Link #301
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Fortunately, Type-Moon is currently plan to remake Tsukihime. It should come out in next year with new CG, revised and a new route (It isn't sad anymore, Sacchin).
I hope this hasn't come about because of squeaky wheels.

The million dollar questions are, which studio and who's the director? Because if the answer is "the same people that did Fate/Stay Night", then there's not much hope for the remake being any better than the first attempt.

Edit: Oh wait, we're talking about the VN, not the anime. Never mind, I'd trust Type Moon respect their own work enough not to stuff it up.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 11:06   Link #302
Ottocycle

Anyone else thinks that the first move Shiki made against the apparitions on the rooftop is reminiscent of the Tohno/Nanaya's Arc-Drive move in Melty Blood's various incarnations?

If it is, that is one hell of a homage.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 14:02   Link #303
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Anyone else thinks that the first move Shiki made against the apparitions on the rooftop is reminiscent of the Tohno/Nanaya's Arc-Drive move in Melty Blood's various incarnations?

If it is, that is one hell of a homage.
Me and anothe user noted this on the last page. It is very much like the first part Kyokushi Nanaya.

For the hell of it I'll post the description.

Spoiler for Description....spoiler tags are cool:

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 21:39   Link #304
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Me and anothe user noted this on the last page. It is very much like the first part Kyokushi Nanaya.

For the hell of it I'll post the description.

Spoiler for Description....spoiler tags are cool:
Ah, but isn't that one the second attack, with the leap and all? I was referring to the first.

She's got one hell of a heat meter.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 06:02   Link #305
Xakanis

Why was Shiki fighting to not fall off the building in her first encounter with the ghost when she can jump 100+ feet building to building in the final fight with said ghost?
Xakanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 06:25   Link #306
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Ah, but isn't that one the second attack, with the leap and all? I was referring to the first.

She's got one hell of a heat meter.
Ahh I guess so. Heat meter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xakanis View Post
Why was Shiki fighting to not fall off the building in her first encounter with the ghost when she can jump 100+ feet building to building in the final fight with said ghost?
You have to land on your feet to absorb the impact. Kirie was trying to make her commit suicide by taking control of her arm.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 14:32   Link #307
Clarste
Human

Quote:
The second time she broke her fall with her brand new super-arm. Presumably the first arm couldn't have handled that and/or she wouldn't be able to position herself correctly with it possessed.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 21:29   Link #308
Xakanis

Anyone know the significance of the 8 ghosts surrounding Kirie? There are supposed to be only 8 deaths total yet there are 9, and when Shiki came upon the body of the 5th jumper there was ALREADY 8 ghosts surrounding said Kirie. Does it explain to us why this is in the novel or is it a mistake on the studio's part?
Xakanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 22:34   Link #309
d-one

8 dead girl + 1 Kirie

Kirie is not dead yet at that time.
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 01:04   Link #310
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Anyone know the significance of the 8 ghosts surrounding Kirie? There are supposed to be only 8 deaths total yet there are 9, and when Shiki came upon the body of the 5th jumper there was ALREADY 8 ghosts surrounding said Kirie. Does it explain to us why this is in the novel or is it a mistake on the studio's part?
Nope, they did it very correctly. Here's a deal:

- Because time works abnormally there, time does not always go straight forward.
- So whoever jump off the building and die there and became a ghost (a record), will also appear in the past too. So they are 8 ghosts since the beginning even before the first person had committed suicide.
- Kirie is the 8th person who died there.
- If you look carefully, one of the 8 ghosts is actually Kirie. So there are 2 Kirie that Shiki saw, one as a floating person and another as a ghost.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 14:34   Link #311
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
And how did Shiki manage to make out that one of them wasn't a ghost if they were all floating O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 14:53   Link #312
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And how did Shiki manage to make out that one of them wasn't a ghost if they were all floating O.o
If there's a reason behind it, then we're sure to find that out somewhere in the next six movies.
Old 2008-05-31, 15:07   Link #313
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Are those lines a different color if you're alive or dead?
Old 2008-05-31, 16:27   Link #314
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
^ I think orion nailed it. Something about the lines being different.

Well, can someone explain what Shiki's powers really are?
From what I can tell, her only similarity with Tohno/Nanaya Shiki is that she is able to see the lines of death. The differences are the following:
-She can switch on/off the eyes if she wants
-She can only see lines, not dots
-She can't see lines on inanimate objects
-She can use some sort of telekinetic power (the hand grip thing)

Granted, this is not a shounen series that's zOMG, her power level is over 9000?! I'm rather curious about her limitations. Thanks in advance
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 16:55   Link #315
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Actually her eyes are much more advanced then Tohno Shiki's eyes. Saying anything more will spoil the other movies.
Old 2008-05-31, 17:00   Link #316
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

To just point out some things (might be already said however, duh...), the movie shows really well how Ryougi Shiki's eyes are so different:
Spoiler for slightly tsukihime spoiler, nothing major, comparison between Tohno/Ryougi:
Old 2008-05-31, 17:27   Link #317
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Spoiler for The ability of the eyes:
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 17:30   Link #318
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
But isn't she able to control when she uses her powers to see the lines? Hence the coloured eyes during the fight scenes.
I was under the impression that she is able to control when her powers are on or off, and if that was the case I don't remember that she turned them on when she was looking up.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 17:32   Link #319
FireChick

I did download the movie, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm still kinda hesitant. I have a question: is it ecchi? Just wondering. I never have time to watch an anime movie (I still need to get started on my William Shakespeare report).
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 17:33   Link #320
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But isn't she able to control when she uses her powers to see the lines? Hence the coloured eyes during the fight scenes.
I was under the impression that she is able to control when her powers are on or off, and if that was the case I don't remember that she turned them on when she was looking up.
This is correct, she can control her Magan and the flashy colors show when it is activated it.
However, the eye colors are merely showing when it is activated, it isn't related how the person see the lines etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I did download the movie, but I haven't watched it yet. I'm still kinda hesitant. I have a question: is it ecchi? Just wondering. I never have time to watch an anime movie (I still need to get started on my William Shakespeare report).
No, definitely not. The type of this series would be action, thriller, mystery.

Tags
action, harem, type moon