AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-18, 06:14   Link #161
Ottocycle

Now THAT is one scenario destined for badassery, in the same vein as Nagato's knife catch I'd say...It can be even better if Shiro himself decided to appear(with his awakened abilities and whatnot)

But wouldn't bringing the family back into the story, Sound Stages aside, be too much of a stretch(double meaning intended)?
Old 2007-05-18, 06:17   Link #162
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Now THAT is one scenario destined for badassery, in the same vein as Nagato's knife catch I'd say...It can be even better if Shiro himself decided to appear(with his awakened abilities and whatnot)

But wouldn't bringing the family back into the story, Sound Stages aside, be too much of a stretch(double meaning intended)?
It would.

And not to mention confusing as hell to people who had never watch Triangle Hearts...
Old 2007-05-18, 06:18   Link #163
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

If we assume that the whole cast is going to be AMF-ed (( maybe the Relics are actually super AMF amplifiers or something )) so bad they're forced to retreat to Earth to hide from Terminator Drones that took over TSAB outpost all over Administrated Worlds, who you're gonna call?

Then, one episode later, Yuuno and Shari revealed that they've upgraded all the devices...to include AMF-Canceler. *cue Freedom music*

Oh, and on that Elio thing in the Ep.7 thread, Chaos...If we're gonna take mecha references seriously assuming there's gonna be raburabu tension between Elio and Lutecia...she's not gonna survive StrikerS. :P

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-18, 06:22   Link #164
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post

Yeah, in another series, it would have been a bit too much of a Deus Ex Machina, but then MSLN is already filled with them (where did the Starlight Breaker come from, much less the Excelion spear and Zanber sword?), and I don't think something like this would quirk that many eyebrows.

Of course, if the Sound Stage does reveal that they've been living happily mundane lives on Earth, I'll be a bit disappointed, but resigned. The cast is large enough as it is, and it's not inconceivable that all the old Earth-born characters are pushed to the side. (That, and maybe the VAs aren't available. Rie Kugimiya's already doing Nagi, and Hikaru Midorikawa is reprising his role as Seiran.)

Still, I've been wondering since the first season if Nanoha's raw talent and capacity for magic is a one-off unique thing...

... or if it's hereditary.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It would.

And not to mention confusing as hell to people who had never watch Triangle Hearts...
Well, we were shown Kyouya and Miyuki training in the first season, so that's our connection, I suppose.
Old 2007-05-18, 06:25   Link #165
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Oh, and on that Elio thing in the Ep.7 thread, Chaos...If we're gonna take mecha references seriously assuming there's gonna be raburabu tension between Elio and Lutecia...she's not gonna survive StrikerS. :P
Wanna put your cookies where your mouth is?

Quote:
Then, one episode later, Yuuno and Shari revealed that they've upgraded all the devices...to include AMF-Canceler. *cue Freedom music*
They're come this far, might as well go the whole nine yards
Old 2007-05-18, 07:41   Link #166
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Well, we were shown Kyouya and Miyuki training in the first season, so that's our connection, I suppose.
I think he is also referring to other Toraha background such as the technique name, family background, etc.There could be really confusing even worse if those Toraha character's name whom Signum,Subaru based on pop up in the discussion

Quote:
Still, I've been wondering since the first season if Nanoha's raw talent and capacity for magic is a one-off unique thing...

... or if it's hereditary.
It could be assumed that Nanoha being adapt for battle come from his father since kyoya also talented in that aspect (Miyuki adopted from another assassin family Toraha)

In my opinion,at most only Suzuka and Arisa would come back in the storyline.Nanoha's family might appear as cameo to connect with Shinobu(Suzuka'sister)/Kyoya relationship.
If they include too much of Nanoha's family, it might messed up with Toraha's storyline which is not going to be good for the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
... dammit, now I really want to see a scene in StrikerS where it seems like all is lost, and Nanoha is about to be coup-de-graced, but there is a sudden flash, and Miyuki or Kyouya is there, and the baddie jumps back in surprise. "More friends?"

"We're family."
If they are gonna go that far, might as well put Noel there instead of Kyoya/Miyuki.It would be much more exciting and make sense.Afterall this seasons is filled with Drones and possibly humanoid relic,wont be too weird to have one more cyborg

Although Miyuki x-ray ability could come in handy for Nanoha to scan for enemy in case RH is broken/disabled by AMF
Old 2007-05-18, 11:15   Link #167
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
If they are gonna go that far, might as well put Noel there instead of Kyoya/Miyuki.It would be much more exciting and make sense.Afterall this seasons is filled with Drones and possibly humanoid relic,wont be too weird to have one more cyborg

Although Miyuki x-ray ability could come in handy for Nanoha to scan for enemy in case RH is broken/disabled by AMF
Erm... That sounded like Miyu's appearing in Mai Otome all of a sudden. But I assume if Noel does appear, she'd be just as haxx as a Linker-powered Swiss army knife. Who was the person who built Noel again? Maybe she might appear as the ultimate haxx technician who taught both Shari and Amy? Or even Miyuki's real mother on the side of the villians, like she did in Toraha (forgot the reason why)?

Boy do I love same-universe-crossovers.
Old 2007-05-18, 11:56   Link #168
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Erm... That sounded like Miyu's appearing in Mai Otome all of a sudden. But I assume if Noel does appear, she'd be just as haxx as a Linker-powered Swiss army knife. Who was the person who built Noel again? Maybe she might appear as the ultimate haxx technician who taught both Shari and Amy? Or even Miyuki's real mother on the side of the villians, like she did in Toraha (forgot the reason why)?

Boy do I love same-universe-crossovers.
Noel is created by Kidou Sakura, she is the pink haired girl from 1st Toraha.You dont see much of her older version in 3rd installment.Mix Kotori(DC) with Shiori(kanon) and you get her .Shinobu is her nephew.

I didn't catch what you you are trying to say about Misato (miyuki's mom) but she own as in battle and tactic not technology though.

Relationship discussion for in Nanoha series could get very confusing if we include Nanoha's family >_> since their backgrounds are purposely unexplained.
Old 2007-05-20, 13:07   Link #169
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I need to use this for my 'serious' reasons of why I'm opposed to NxY. Since this is about relationships and all... But do keep in mind, while I may not like NxY (I hate it), I do NOT hate the people whom support it. We all have our preferences and choices of what we like and dislike, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Now we know Nanoha and Yuuno are friends, but I don't see them in anything but friendship. For one, Yuuno is just... Not someone I like. Yes he did so some things in A's, but it was limited to a few minor things. He was a far better character as the 'OMG ALL THOSE GIRLS ARE CHANGING BEHIND ME' ferret. At least then he was funny and cute.

Plus, Yuuno looks so much like a girl it's not even funny even more. @_@

But that's not evidence, more so of just my own personal view. The only 'evidence' I can think of is the fact if Nanoha and Yuuno were dating or are dating... Why did he not appear, or even have his name mentioned, until episode 7? Unless Nanoha is a terrible girlfriend, which I find hard to believe considering how much she went on and on about the 'girl with beautiful eyes', whom she didn't even know or be friends with yet.

Ok. I feel better now. I needed to vent this on something and this seemed the most appropriate.

I also do propose this:
If, NxY is shown, don't come and laugh in our faces or anything. I'd actually wait until later on to see where it turns out. I mean, as a poor example, I'm sure in KnM it looked like it'd be Himeko and Souma, but look how THAT turned out.
Old 2007-05-20, 13:11   Link #170
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well...it's because they aren't dating. Both of them had reinforced that they're just very good friends, even if they don't meet each other too often because they're both busy with work left and right.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-20, 13:23   Link #171
krisslanza

Yuuno's busy reading books all day and we know Nanoha's busy training all day. Nanoha's a busy, busy, busy workerbee.

Probably explains the 'surprise' you pick up in episode 7 when Yuuno spots Nanoha.
Old 2007-05-24, 02:59   Link #172
Once and Current Subber

Interesting point that I don't know where to raise, and it's at least a bit on-topic here...

Okay, so it's been established that whatever it is that makes a mage have magical talent is at least partially heritable. We've seen plenty of magic running in the family (Chrono and both parents, the whole Nakajima family, Teana and brother, Caro and her whole clan, yadda yadda.) It's probably safe to assume that the chances of a child of a mage being a mage is higher than normal; or more to the point, we don't know of ANYONE who's a relative of a mage, but has no magic potential, save Nanoha's immediate family (and do they even know?)

We also know that the TSA doesn't have enough mages to go around, especially A-class and higher. (Else, why is Nanoha wasting her time training up a bunch of kids fresh out of C rank?) Thus, mages are a valuable resource.

We also know that the TSA is at least friendly to the idea of its members taking time out of their careers to raise a family, cf. Chrono/Amy. Well, makes sense, if you're short on mages and there's only one way to make 'em, don't get in the way of that. In fact, they go way beyond most militaries in the sense that they allow members of the same family to be in the same command structure, like Chrono/Lindy, Fate/Elio, Subaru's dad and Ginga... this is ordinarily a massive no-no, but we've seen it way more often than random chance would suggest. Of course, the TSA's also a little more open to specific requests from high-potential mages than a normal military structure would be (a good idea, when they have that kind of firepower at their beck and call...)

The question is, precisely how much is that sort of thing "encouraged" by the TSA? At some point, is someone going to poke Nanoha or Fate or Hayate and say "hey, rank advancement is great, but you should find a nice man and have your kids while you're young!" or something? Even the US Army has a saying, "Captains may marry, majors should marry, colonels must marry" - so if the US army, which ain't really interested in its personnel breeding as a source of recruits, eventually puts pressure on its members to obtain a family, how much more does the TSA, where every high-rank mage couple has the potential to raise more mages, and those already in a military-oriented family? (One observes here that Hayate, in particular, is rapidly running out of ranks to be advanced; if they don't slow her up somehow, she'll definitely end up as one of the most senior generals of the TSA. "You're not getting promoted until we see some kids!" would do this job just fine.)

Of course, we don't really know how many mages are involved in the civilian economy of Midchilda, nor the proportion of mages in active service with the TSA, so it's hard to tell how much this sort of thing might matter in the long run. (Though it's fair to say that, as the power of the mage increases, the chance that they've been involved with the TSA probably increases as well - I mean, if they're willing to recruit friggin' 9 year olds if they're AAA, that suggests that Nanoha levels of power are in high demand in the ranks!)

Also, natural breeding is evidently NOT the only method for making a mage - we have Fate, we have Elio, both of which are the products of experimentation. It's not beyond envisioning that the experiment that produced Elio (or, for that matter, Lutecia?) was actually TSA-backed; they certainly have an interest in being able to produce mages directly, and the presence of the Jewel Seed-like structures in the drones at least suggests that somehow, the Jewel Seeds in TSA custody got out for analysis. Perhaps they were stolen, perhaps it's just another source of 'em, but it may be that they were "unofficially" lost to aid a deniable project... hoo, evil thoughts, evil thoughts. For some reason, I always think of the TSA as the heavy of the piece...
Old 2007-05-24, 04:21   Link #173
KBTKaiser

According to the first StrikerS sound stage though, Nanoha's father Shirou has ZERO magic ability. Admiral Graham, Nanoha, and Hayate are the rare occurences of crazy magic potential spikes on Earth. In a sense, it's possible that Ki and Magic are seperate elements in this universe.

Also, Miyuki is a cousin to Kyouya, I believe. Miyuki's mom is the same family as Shirou. However, Miyuki was left in Shirou's care after her mom went to infiltrate a major underground crime group, working her way up the ranks, IIRC. In the Toraha-verse, Nanoha learns of this in Lyrical Toybox. I think they altered the Nanoha-verse to have them be real siblings though.
Old 2007-05-24, 08:13   Link #174
krisslanza

Magic seems to be random... On Earth at least, since I believe in A's Graham mentioned he and Nanoha were one of the few people that get magical talent on Earth. It's rare, but it seems whenever an Earthling HAS that potetial... They are rather freakishly powerful in it.

Although I suppose it's possible 2 mages kid's might become an even stronger mage, which would lead credit to the ideal they want the women to marry men and have kids.

But if we go into that, it would also be safe to assume they'd want mages of near equal or higher status to have kids perhaps? We know Nanoha and Fate are S and Hayate is an SS... So let's say for the YxN fans, they try to make Yuuno marry Nanoha. Well, what rank is Yuuno? He doesn't use his magic very often, since he's you know, a bookworm. He uses his magical talent to research things in the library.

And anyone who reads Satashi's fics might come to the idea that, let's assume, NxF are dating. They are still in a military, so what if that's something they AREN'T allowed to do? You know the whole "Don't ask, don't tell" deal. It would then be safe to assume, if they were, they might pretend to be dating someone else to draw attention away.

*Shrug* Sorry if I make no sense. It's early and I got school to go to soon.
Old 2007-05-24, 09:56   Link #175
Meophist

The StrikerS Sound Stage mentioned that Subaru inherited her magical power from her mother.

I believe the novel mentioned(though I haven't read it) that Alicia has no magical power.
Old 2007-05-24, 10:01   Link #176
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post

Although I suppose it's possible 2 mages kid's might become an even stronger mage, which would lead credit to the ideal they want the women to marry men and have kids.

But if we go into that, it would also be safe to assume they'd want mages of near equal or higher status to have kids perhaps? We know Nanoha and Fate are S and Hayate is an SS... So let's say for the YxN fans, they try to make Yuuno marry Nanoha. Well, what rank is Yuuno? He doesn't use his magic very often, since he's you know, a bookworm. He uses his magical talent to research things in the library.
Look at the facts.

1. He could fly easily, so it's no less than A rank.

2. He could hold out against Vita but obviously can't beat her, so no more than AAA rank.

3. He could match Arf in terms of skills and his spells more or less are similar to hers and some of Shamal's.

4. Arf is equal to Zafira. Zafira is AA rank. Shamal is AA+ rank. Therefore, it could be estimated that Yuuno is roughly around that level...

... AT THE TIME OF A's.

Of course, if you want a more detailed, and non-jaded description on what else Yuuno could do, I'll gladly take out Skane's post again...

Quote:
And anyone who reads Satashi's fics might come to the idea that, let's assume, NxF are dating. They are still in a military, so what if that's something they AREN'T allowed to do? You know the whole "Don't ask, don't tell" deal. It would then be safe to assume, if they were, they might pretend to be dating someone else to draw attention away.

*Shrug* Sorry if I make no sense. It's early and I got school to go to soon.
You're hiding behind a fanfic...

... I've noticed it's an increasing trend...

... What gives?

EDIT: Bed time...
Old 2007-05-24, 10:11   Link #177
Once and Current Subber

We can assume that the TSA is uninterested in what Nanoha and Fate do in their private time. (Er, well. At least that they have no official comment. For that matter, it's not like either character is officially "out" in the first place. Doubtless the topic is actually one of fevered speculation among the young men of the TSA...)

From this perspective, though, there IS one serious problem with Yuuno. We don't know if he's human! Sure, it's entirely possible that he's just a mage who shapeshifted into a ferret because it was convenient, but if he's some sort of human-like were-ferret, it's entirely possible that he's not genetically compatible with humanity. Boy, wouldn't that cause problems...
Old 2007-05-24, 10:50   Link #178
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post

Why they would want a child between Nanoha and Yuuno when they can have a stronger and cutest one between Nanoha and Fate? Maybe they are actually pointing at that, you know, they give them the same room, the same bed, and 3 hours of free time every day before bed.
If you’re asking “how 2 females can conceive?”, it would be really easy in their world, because in our world it is almost possible, in few years we will have a procedure that consist in the insertion of DNA from a mother in some random sperm from a bank, and then continue like artificial insemination using that sperm and a ovule from the other mother. The result would be a child with 2 genetics mothers, just like a child conceived using “traditional procedures” between a male and a female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're hiding behind a fanfic...

... I've noticed it's an increasing trend...

... What gives?
The only fact is that Satashi's fics are 10 times better than this average-poor quality third season.

-Haru
Old 2007-05-24, 11:00   Link #179
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post

The only fact is that Satashi's fics are 10 times better than this average-poor quality third season.

-Haru
I wonder which part of that is relevant to the SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY bit in the thread title...
Old 2007-05-24, 11:03   Link #180
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Wow. I'm amazed.

If TSAB's really desperate as hell, you'd think they'd ask Graham to contribute to Mid-childa's sperm bank rather than single himself, or force Chrono to divorce Amy to marry someone with a more "potent" aptitude...like Hayate or some non-blood-related sister-moe! C'mon, this is ridiculous as hell.

Closed Thread