AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-04, 02:53   Link #241
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Anyone got a name for the song that played at the end of this episode. I liked it alot.

Overall it's okay but I wonder what route this is going.
It's the OP theme ""Irony" by ClariS.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 03:15   Link #242
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't have a little sister, but I remember the days when my little brother was 14 and acted like a complete jerk so in that aspect I can relate to Kyousuke It's just a painful phase for everybody...

That said I have seen a few of my friends interact with their younger sisters and I can definitely see the similarities.

In summary; Good first episode, love the OP
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 03:26   Link #243
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's not that I'm complaining but... is that Taketatsu Ayane... again?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 03:50   Link #244
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I also love the OP theme. Probably the best one I've heard and liked so much since the Hatsukoi Limited ED song, and the Ultramaiden Valkyrie OVA OP before that.

I was afraid this would make my stomach churn. But the bro/sis relationship wasn't so bad or sickening, though I'd have been more relieved had they not had Kyosuke ogle Kirino while she was on the sofa. The psychology of Kirino is interesting. She's seems so infatuated with the idea of having a little sister herself. Haven't read anything about the light novels, but I hope the series develops the story from that angle, or any other one rather than making it romantic. I've really had enough of that stuff with Koi Kaze, Boku wa Imōto ni Koi o Suru, and Angel Sanctuary.

I really dig the OP theme.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 04:13   Link #245
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Abit pointless now that the series has started, but for those who happen to still be interested; In collaboration with Index2, another commercial is being streamed on the official site...

...This one's narrated by none other than Accelerator himself
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 04:33   Link #246
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It's not that I'm complaining but... is that Taketatsu Ayane... again?
She arguably has far less roles than prominent seiyuu who were spawning everywhere (I'm looking at you, Kugimiya).
Even recent talents are hired more often than her (namely, Hanazawa), so I'm sort of puzzled by your comment.
Old 2010-10-04, 05:16   Link #247
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I think it's become something of a gut reaction because I've watched 5-6 shows in succession where she's one of the main characters, 3 of those shows at the same time.

Also I guess I seem to recognize her voice quicker than Hanazawa Kana.
Old 2010-10-04, 05:27   Link #248
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Also I guess I seem to recognize her voice quicker than Hanazawa Kana.
This i find hard to believe.
Old 2010-10-04, 05:35   Link #249
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You get used to her after she has to berate the light music club weekly for the last 2 seasons.

And yes recognition wise I find her voice easy to recognize at this point, like Nakahara Mai and Kugimiya to a lesser extent. I don't really know why I don't recognize Hanazawa's voice immediately. Probably because I only liked her as Zange, Kobato and Kanade.
Old 2010-10-04, 05:49   Link #250
ZeKeR
Superbad

WAIT FOR TEH EPISODE TWO IS LONG....

im waiting for that certain time when they go t- *gets pointed by a knife by a mod behind me*

not gonna happen
Old 2010-10-04, 06:31   Link #251
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

They covered 3 whole chapters in one single episode D: If we keep up this pace this show will go into fillers around episode7-8

Anyway Kyousuke's reactions are genius while Kirino is slightly less cute in the anime. She also goes way more overboard when she starts talking about her eroge in the manga. But it's fine how they were displayed in the anime since it works pretty well for both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
Anime pace is faster than manga, i wanna see ayase in anime soon (maybe episode 2 or 3).
No way in hell are we seeing Ayase before episode 6.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 07:22   Link #252
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Accelerator promoting Oreimo?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 07:59   Link #253
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Since there arent that many interesting shows for me right now, i decided to give this one a try. I had no idea what it is about. So far, i like.

And Kirino is kinda obvious to me. Most of you think this might go the brotherXSister route, but honestly, i had to take my goggles off to prevent them from overloading...

- Kirino plays R-18 eroge about cute girls
- She hides her true self in a closet
- She thinks her feelings are weird
- She has a job as model and probably meets other models there
- Kirino feels disgusted when Kyou implies she might feel for him that way
- Manami seems to admire Kirino

So there is only one possible explanation: Kirino must be hard gay!

Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 08:06   Link #254
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Everytime Kirino was about to speak, I was so much expecting to hear Kugimiya Rie's voice

Anyway, first episode seemed to drug a little bit, otherwise, nice animation (whenever there was one) and very good designs. Though to be told, for shows like this character interractions, hence writting and source material will make or break it.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 08:40   Link #255
chaosprophet

Pretty enjoyable first episode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
They covered 3 whole chapters in one single episode D: If we keep up this pace this show will go into fillers around episode7-8

Anyway Kyousuke's reactions are genius while Kirino is slightly less cute in the anime. She also goes way more overboard when she starts talking about her eroge in the manga. But it's fine how they were displayed in the anime since it works pretty well for both of them.

No way in hell are we seeing Ayase before episode 6.
Oreimo is based on an ongoing light novel series that already has 6 volumes out. From first ep, they seems to be doing a 3-4 episodes per novel volume, so they should cover 3-4 vols in this 12 episodes anime, don't think there will be any need to get into filler.

Thinking like that Ayase should appear around ep4-5.
Old 2010-10-04, 09:03   Link #256
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Anime News Network to Launch 1st Simulcast, Oreimo

Well, that was fast.
Old 2010-10-04, 09:04   Link #257
tsunade666

great first episode and they didn't waste any time and it's not rushed to or there is no need to rushed it with only 6 volumes.

I wonder when would they end this one.

The first episode probably take 1/3 of first volume but it can also be near 1/2.
Old 2010-10-04, 09:33   Link #258
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This i find hard to believe.
Why not? She voiced the cutest character in anime history!

Anyway, she had all the small roles in the smaller anime, like Mayoi Neko Overrun (Nozomi Kiriya), K-ON (Nakano Azunyan), Kiss x Sis (Suminoe Ako) and Highschool of the Dead (Alice Maresato).

Incidentally, all her characters are either catgirls, lolis, tsunderes or a combination of any of the above. Especially catgirls.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 09:36   Link #259
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Anyone got a name for the song that played at the end of this episode. I liked it alot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's the OP theme ""Irony" by ClariS.
Actually, per the credits, it's "Imouto Please!" sung by Ayana Taketatsu (Kirino's VA).
Old 2010-10-04, 09:38   Link #260
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Why not? She voiced the cutest character in anime history!

Anyway, she had all the small roles in the smaller anime, like Mayoi Neko Overrun (Nozomi Kiriya), K-ON (Nakano Azunyan), Kiss x Sis (Suminoe Ako) and Highschool of the Dead (Alice Maresato).

Incidentally, all her characters are either catgirls, lolis, tsunderes or a combination of any of the above. Especially catgirls.
Loli tsundere catgirl otaku!

Unrelated to that, I do find myself wondering how many moe-otaku are going to be put off by Kirino because she hits too close to home.

Tags
comedy, shounen