AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 18:06   Link #3061
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
What Miho and Maho need is some quality bath time together.

Endless "Everyone's thinking it, I'm just saying it" Soul
Is that with our without school swimsuits?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:09   Link #3062
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
So Tiger P probably have no problem killing those TD.

the Panthers probably suffer imperial marksman training.

that leave us Tiger...
Except Ferdinand with 88mm L/70 and JagdTiger 128mm L/55. Ferdinand can penetrate Tiger P's front in short range and JagdTiger can shred it in long range. If Tiger P want destroy them, it must shot to their butts.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:14   Link #3063
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You've ... not interacted with many Japanese families... have ya?
- Tak
Nope!

Quote:
That being said, Maho is not as bad as she appears to be. I think with the few details we have been given about her, deep down inside, she cares.
Oh I know Maho loves her sister, the fact she stayed and insisted her mother do the same showed a lot about her. It's just that she fighting against the expectations made of her as the oldest her whole life and her love for Miho. And who couldn't love Miho with her cuteness and vulnability? I have a fondness for the outwardly cold but soft on the inside sister characters in anime, when done right at least. The mother though? Still a cow.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:22   Link #3064
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
What I want to know is how Miho turned out into such a nice sweet although shy girl with a older sister like Maho and quite frankly a cold hearted bitch for a mother? Seriously this woman is too full of herself, Miho snatched victory when the odds were heavily against her and she she doesn't care one bit! At least Maho sees that fight aren't just won by sheer numbers and superior firepower and defence.

Why do I feel the entire basis for their family fame is just because every girl attended the school with the best collection of tanks and nabbed the captain role? Hell maybe as their fame grew each generation automatically gained the commanding role even if they weren't the best choice and just steamrolled the opposition.
There's probably some of that - especially about nabbing the captain position - but they're not the only school with a big tank budget.

Quote:
That said Maho seems to just as smart as Miho since she predicted the Ooarai would want to make some distance between and even the exact spot they would go to do so. I hope the final outcome of the battle is decided between a direct confrontation between the sisters. 3 months can't pass by fast enough.
Actually, I thought it was rather dumb of Miho not to anticipate her big sister. She knows Black Forest's tanks specs and, roughly at least, their crews' skill. She has the same maps as Maho. She guessed that Black Forest would just attempt to curbstomp them. So why didn't she guess the point of contact?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:25   Link #3065
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe such an ambush is uncommon for Black Forest.

Or they used slightly different tactics this year due to a larger number of tank destroyers than they had previous years.

I only know that Miho was in the finals last year against Pravda. We don't know the other schools they defeated last year. So she might not know the tactics Black Forest would use against a foe such as herself, as it didn't come up previously.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:37   Link #3066
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Maybe such an ambush is uncommon for Black Forest.

Or they used slightly different tactics this year due to a larger number of tank destroyers than they had previous years.

I only know that Miho was in the finals last year against Pravda. We don't know the other schools they defeated last year. So she might not know the tactics Black Forest would use against a foe such as herself, as it didn't come up previously.
But my problem is that she pretty much guessed what Black Forest would do: take the shortest path and attack. So how could she be surprised at how fast they were intercepted? Or what, did she think her sister would make a beeline for Ooarai's starting position and only then pursue them?
Old 2012-12-18, 18:44   Link #3067
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, I thought it was rather dumb of Miho not to anticipate her big sister. She knows Black Forest's tanks specs and, roughly at least, their crews' skill. She has the same maps as Maho. She guessed that Black Forest would just attempt to curbstomp them. So why didn't she guess the point of contact?
My guess is that Miho choose the most unlikely route, which was intercepted by Maho. Basically, it's Maho out-thinking Miho.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:46   Link #3068
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I love how some people that I've talked to are saying that, given the alternate history of the Girls und Panzer world, Kelly's Heroes could be even considered fujoshi-bait in this setting.

Historical discrepancies aside (Mizushima has still been silent on the actual details of WW 2 regarding Senshado's effects on it), but the fact is we've been hammered with the fact that being tanker isn't considered a man's job in this setting. Yet we have an in-universe "historical movie" (albeit a comedy) set during the war, with good-looking male soldiers (Clint Eastwood! Telly Savalas!), being chummy and sweaty in a tank.

Why wouldn't it be considered homoerotic fanservice?
Old 2012-12-18, 18:48   Link #3069
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I love how some people that I've talked to are saying that, given the alternate history of the Girls und Panzer world, Kelly's Heroes could be even considered fujoshi-bait in this setting. \

Historical discrepancies aside (Mizushima has still been silent on the actual details of WW 2 regarding Senshado's effects on it), but the fact is we've been hammered with the fact that being tanker isn't considered a man's job in this setting. Yet we have an in-universe "historical movie" (albeit a comedy) set during the war, with good-looking male soldiers (Clint Eastwood! Telly Savalas!), being chummy and sweaty in a tank.

Maybe in their world male riding tank is only seen in fiction story like how we only see girl ride a tank in a fiction story in real world.

Quote:
That's common sense when you're fighting with a larger number of enemies.

Also, look at the map. What can Oarai do? They have both quality and quantity disadventage. If they are not heading to enemy position, they have to avoid them until they're ready. Miho just used her best plan.

Driving into the forest is also not recommended for tanks (especially in big number). That's why they're surprise when Blackforest and Saunder did it.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:51   Link #3070
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Or what, did she think her sister would make a beeline for Ooarai's starting position and only then pursue them?
It wouldn't be hard to follow a bunch of tanks, they leave a rather big trail after all.

But my issue isn't really them cutting off Ooarai but how they knew which direction they took from the starting point. Did they go left from their SP? Right? Would they put a lake or river between the two team? Sneak through a forest or seek the high ground? Having the same maps isn't like having a tracker of where the opponent moves. The fact they attacked Ooarai before they could even reach the point they wanted to is what surprised me. Maho basically put herself in Miho's position and thought 'What would I do if I were her?" For someone who is meant to have a differernt way of fighting then Miho it really is adaptive and crafty...just like Miho who way of the tank is so 'shameful' according to the mother.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:54   Link #3071
chupiler

Quote:
They should've mentioned that the shortcut was a risky move. Because they didn't it really does just make Miho look stupid. I guess it's assumed that the viewers have some knowledge of the battle at Ardennes?
chupiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:56   Link #3072
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
That's common sense when you're fighting with a larger number of enemies.

Also, look at the map. What can Oarai do? They have both quality and quantity disadventage. If they are not heading to enemy position, they have to avoid them until they're ready. Miho just used her best plan.

Driving into the forest is also not recommended for tanks (especially in big number). That's why they're surprise when Blackforest and Saunder did it.
But what it looks like is that Miho made an error in basic math. She knew BF's speed and how far they have to go. Yet she let herself be surprised at the timing of their attack.

It's not like she tried to be clever and got outsmarted. It was all rather straightforward.
Old 2012-12-18, 18:59   Link #3073
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I love how some people that I've talked to are saying that, given the alternate history of the Girls und Panzer world, Kelly's Heroes could be even considered fujoshi-bait in this setting.

Or maybe, because of Hitler using men in panzers, WW2 had the emergency situation of using men in tanks?

I do like the fujoshi-bait idea. It seems perfectly wonderful.
Old 2012-12-18, 19:12   Link #3074
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They didn't have enough qualified women so they had to use men to crew some of those 50,000 Shermans.

Also Sgt. Oddball is rather out of place in the movie anyway as he comes off as a 1950s Beatnik at the least, and a 1960s hippy at the worst. Niether would generally be seen in the mid-1940s...even in drafted American soldiers. In this universe, you;ve have the counterculture (male) tank crews up against Nazi SS panzers (who might be women, but if the film remains as is, than are also male crewed).
Old 2012-12-18, 19:18   Link #3075
Tak

If Hitler was a woman...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-18, 19:19   Link #3076
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
If Hitler was a woman...

- Tak
Menopause caused the war?
Old 2012-12-18, 19:21   Link #3077
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
If Hitler was a woman...

- Tak
Stop bringing up the various "moe female Hitler" incarnations.
Old 2012-12-18, 19:22   Link #3078
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
If Hitler was a woman...

- Tak
As the mysterious principal proved, men still holds control. There is simply some changes in gender roles. It's not that women had more power; women simply have an altered set of roles. The same social pressures apply.
Old 2012-12-18, 19:23   Link #3079
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was thinking if Hilter was a woman the same age as the historical Hitler....a woman the just turned 50 in 1939.
Old 2012-12-18, 19:24   Link #3080
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Stop bringing up the various "moe female Hitler" incarnations.
I refuse!

Spoiler for Yes, worship me...:

- Tak (Yes, I have the said book)

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks