AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2016-03-22, 10:47   Link #4841
Galaxian

Finally watched The Last. It ok, not the worst (that's still Blood Prison) but by far not the best (for me is a tied between the first Shippuden and Road to Ninja). The Last is a very slow movie, the romance aspect is very awkward (though that's the same in the manga), but my biggest complain was the serious nerf in Naruto's power. I guess he suffered the same fate as Gohan during the Buu Saga.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 11:11   Link #4842
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Finally watched The Last. It ok, not the worst (that's still Blood Prison) but by far not the best (for me is a tied between the first Shippuden and Road to Ninja). The Last is a very slow movie, the romance aspect is very awkward (though that's the same in the manga), but my biggest complain was the serious nerf in Naruto's power. I guess he suffered the same fate as Gohan during the Buu Saga.
To be fair, Naruto himself is awkward with romance since he has never felt true romantic love before. So that part actually makes sense. Also Naruto wasn't necessarily nerfed so much as Toneri was a bad matchup for him. Naruto's fighting style revolves heavily around the use of chakra so Toneri who can steal chakra from him is his natural enemy.
Old 2018-02-27, 09:13   Link #4843
colder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
To be fair, Naruto himself is awkward with romance since he has never felt true romantic love before. So that part actually makes sense. Also Naruto wasn't necessarily nerfed so much as Toneri was a bad matchup for him. Naruto's fighting style revolves heavily around the use of chakra so Toneri who can steal chakra from him is his natural enemy.
I somehow felt like the whole Narut/Hinata thing on the Last movie was forced but I love that they did try to round off the whole movie to full circle. Because we never knew how SasuSaku got together lol.
colder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 17:58   Link #4844
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by colder View Post
I somehow felt like the whole Narut/Hinata thing on the Last movie was forced but I love that they did try to round off the whole movie to full circle. Because we never knew how SasuSaku got together lol.
Not really as forced as some would think. Yes there interactions are somewhat limited during the series but they were shown pretty blatantly that they were able to inspire one another far more greatly than others. Hinata was also the only person Naruto was able to bare his heart and admit his insecurities to. They might not have quantity but the quality was higher than some care to admit.
Old 2018-02-28, 20:31   Link #4845
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

In regards to the power, I chatted with a fellow user from around here. Apparently, Naruto still couldn't use the enhanced Sage Mode he earned in from the Sage of the Sixth Paths considering his appearance. Actually, I'm not sure how to distinguish Naruto's Tailed Beast Mode from Rikudo. At least, I liked the fight ended with one punch unlike previous movies.

The screenwriter Maruo Kyozuka provided some thoughts about how the romance was developed in the film.

http://honyakusha-eri.tumblr.com/pos...related_post=1

Also, on a fun fact, the whole use of scarfs was based on how Kishimoto met his wife. I guess red scarfs are meant to symbolize signs of love like the string.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 05:53   Link #4846
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

It was... heartwarming. Way more heartwarming than I expected it to be.

At the beginning, I doubted whether Hinata and Naruto could be together. After all, Hinata, ever the shy one, was unable to bring forward her true feelings amidst all the chaos happening in the Shinobi World, and Naruto is too busy being the hero. Even the confession in the middle of the fight against Pain lacked impact (especially since it stood out in the middle of a boss fight, lol). Fortunately, the movie IS aware of this. In a nutshell, Hinata and Naruto's romance could have ended badly if not for a certain series of events that would help steer their feelings down the right path.

Moving away from the Ootsutsuki subplot, the actual hero of the movie was Sakura. She was more aware of the feelings of Hinata and Naruto than even Hinata and Naruto ever been. Her actions would allow the two to slowly gather their thoughts and resolve their situation.

I'm considering watching the wedding special again, but I might not be able to handle watching the emotional moment between Iruka and Naruto a second time. In any case, the Boruto movie is next.

I still cannot believe that Hinata looked this beautiful.

By the way, I assume that the orb that Toneri always uses on Hinata makes her lose consciousness by sapping her chakra. Is that correct?

Spring 2018: Amanchu! Advance (9/12) and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii.
Carryover from Winter 2018: Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc (16/22) and Toji no Miko.
See the Toji no Miko Wiki Project in action!
Summer 2018: Hataraku Saibou (1/1c) and Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes (1/1c).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 34. Completed: 336. Plan to watch: 31.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2018-03-11 at 06:17.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 19:20   Link #4847
cyberdemon

Yeah Sakura never returned Naruto's childhood feelings but she has been around him the longest and has always watched Naruto and Sasuke as they grew stronger and moved further away from her. So she was able to see more that Naruto couldn't. The signs were clear for everyone but Naruto was just too immature until the end to really put too much thought on it.

Tags
movie