Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 20:10   Link #1121
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I clocked over 3 days in the course of about 7-11 days (forget over how many actual days I played it), so I'd say 30 hours is a little low unless you're speed-running it.
I have 36 and I did all of the bad ends and left the game running at some points... maybe I just read fast .
Old 2011-10-16, 20:19   Link #1122
Vicious108

...It took me like 30 hours per route.

I'm a slow reader though. Well, the reading itself isn't what's slow, I just often stop and ponder about the story for relatively long periods while the game clocks on. Plus I had the voices on and always waited to hear each line till the end, even if I'd already read it in its entirety. That alone must've doubled my playtime by itself.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 20:37   Link #1123
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Plus I had the voices on and always waited to hear each line till the end, even if I'd already read it in its entirety. That alone must've doubled my playtime by itself.
I think this is what clocked my time up so high too. Reading is fast, listening is slow but has such a bigger impact.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 20:40   Link #1124
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
It took me about 4 months, reading on a long train trip back and forth from uni, so that would be 4 months X 4 weeks X 4 days X 2-3 hours... 128-192 hours to read it in Japanese, and my Japanese suck big time
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 21:06   Link #1125
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I think this is what clocked my time up so high too. Reading is fast, listening is slow but has such a bigger impact.
Yeah, I didn't wait for them to finish talking. I let them start speaking to get the feel of the character and continued on. There were times where I let the entire voice over finish but I couldn't wait and couldn't continue fast enough. Such a great experience, playing Fate/stay night.
Old 2011-10-17, 03:05   Link #1126
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Ah ok, thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna have a lot of free time next month so I think I'll just knock out the VN then catch up on F/Z.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 04:12   Link #1127
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Same here, I'm only read like 30 hour to finish 3 route.

I'm only manage to finish the UBW route with full voice and auto read, n its take me 16 hour for that.. the rest of route I'm not using auto read so its not too consuming time.

Btw the fate route is very short, someone really need 30 hour to finish that route?
Old 2011-10-17, 06:14   Link #1128
ProfileOF
Dame Ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
yes and it's amazing how one bad voice actress can bring ruination to a perfectly paced episode.. there's no definitive evidence certainly to say her performance was the sole factor that damaged the pacing as well as the mood, but since the first two episodes as well as the rest in this episode 3 were all perfectly captivating, the fact that her appearance gave a cliche' feeling to all segments she were in just speaks volumes. of course if people don't agree her parts were the most cliche' anime character presentations, and note that all the rest of the characters are pretty unorthodox, then there's not much i can say to them.

i am finding saber camp i have the least care for, mostly in thanks to master's wife who makes one appearance too many in every episode and gives a cliche' nonchalant speech each time that kills the tense mood. don't say this series needs 'comedic relief' (if you can even call it that).. i thought this series have been good so far precisely because of unconventional presentation, much like what the same director did for his other work Ga-Rei: zero
oh no...I don't think anyone could take Oohara as a 'bad voice actress'.
ARIA, H&C, Utawarerumono, Code Geass, she has successfully played many grown-up characters. Maybe she is not fit for Iri, but it does not mean she is 'bad'. Actually it is Waver who really let me down. Compared with Rider, of course he is not so ambitious and somehow with ChuuNiByou, but he is no coward. In FZ TVA he is the most disappointing charactor, also voice actor.
About Iri, she is among the most important character in the story, just below Emiya and Kotomine I think. The doomed fate of hers and her daughter's is one of the main thread in the story, so it is essential for her to ocupy a proper period of time.
ProfileOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 08:41   Link #1129
Auria

Mh, I've read the LN twice and while I needed time to get used to her, I don't think Oohara is a bad choice for Iri. She'll have her moments to shine later.
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 09:04   Link #1130
ProfileOF
Dame Ningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
Mh, I've read the LN twice and while I needed time to get used to her, I don't think Oohara is a bad choice for Iri. She'll have her moments to shine later.
ah...your signature reminds me of her act in UmiNeko
ProfileOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:00   Link #1131
Nerroth
NePoi!

Apologies if it's been noted here already, but Crunchyroll are carrying the series, too; though they seem to be a step or two behind the nicovideo stream.
Old 2011-10-21, 11:01   Link #1132
Vicious108

For those who are interested, there's a new interview with Gen Urobuchi, the man behind the original Fate/Zero light novel, concerning the anime adaptation:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...r-gen-urobuchi
Contains some Fate/Stay Night spoilers however (and consequently F/Z ones that were already established in F/SN), so beware.

The preface to the interview seems to imply Urobuchi is scripting the anime series as well, though I wonder how reliable that information is.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 12:12   Link #1133
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
For those who are interested, there's a new interview with Gen Urobuchi, the man behind the original Fate/Zero light novel, concerning the anime adaptation:
Contains some Fate/Stay Night spoilers however (and consequently F/Z ones that were already established in F/SN), so beware.

The preface to the interview seems to imply Urobuchi is scripting the anime series as well, though I wonder how reliable that information is.
Nice. However, most of the parts Urobuchi said was really nothing new. All of the things were either mentioned from other past interviews on Fate/Zero novel.

The reason I really like Urobuchi is how he has many important, deep thoughts about sub-culture industry, which is also showed here and there in the interview.
Old 2011-11-02, 06:18   Link #1134
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

This Coffee Shop Has Large Swords and Guns. Oh, and Pancakes
Old 2011-11-02, 14:18   Link #1135
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:

I wonder if Cthulhu inspired him to create Caster and his summons.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 00:28   Link #1136
Allium
Keep on keeping on

New Fate/Apocrypha project? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...d-by-type-moon
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 00:33   Link #1137
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Apologies if it's been noted here already, but Crunchyroll are carrying the series, too; though they seem to be a step or two behind the nicovideo stream.
They're releasing an episode behind apparently. Though I'd say the huge bump in quality is worth it. Though Im already registered on niconico so I avoid the hassling altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
I wonder if Cthulhu inspired him to create Caster and his summons.
Caster summoned a lesser spawn of Cthulhu back in episode 2. Rather chilling considering the.... mess it left behind.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 04:52   Link #1138
PzIVf3

I dont see any spoiler thread for the series. I'll just put it here.
Spoiler for Jeanne De Arc:

Quote:
コンマテ4のアポクリファネタでラフ画像だけちらっと出てきていたジャンヌが!
アニメに登場するというわけではなさそうなのですが、ファンには嬉しいネタでした。

また、「“My Favorite SABER Project” こんなセイバーが見たい!」という企画が
始動するようです。

1.着てもらいたい服とそのシチュエーション
2.セイバークラス以外でセイバーが召喚されるならどのクラス?
3.切嗣以外でマスターを選ぼう!

というアンケートで、上位だったものを描き下ろし予定とか。
応募はWebNewtypeで行われるようです。

そして今週以降の放映予定についても掲載されていました。抜粋します。