AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-10, 20:26   Link #2301
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
That's rather odd, why was the true diclonius living with Lucy father was able to live a normal life while Lucy was forced to live a life which was so horrible.
Spoiler for manga:
Quote:
And did the vectors in true diclonius only appear when they are pushed over the edge by some unfortunate event?
It looks like the vectors in true diclonius appear around puberty. The unfortunate events caused Lucy to kill with them.
Quote:
Did Lucy made any friends in the orphanage besides that blasted girl? Oh right, in the OVA series of Elfen Lied, who was that girl? Why would she sacrifice herself just for Lucy?
Kouta was her first friend,
Lucy watched other girls talking to their friend and she felt lonely. While watching some girls soccer she got hit in the face with the ball. The girl in the ova doctered her and they became friends. Lucy visited her house and stopped her father from beating her. Later, when Lucy wasn't there she accidently killed her father. Lucy went with her when she ran away. She thought that the people were after her.
Quote:
One more thing, did Lucy stop killing when Kouta asked her not to kill anymore or he wouldn't forgive her?
Spoiler for manga:
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 21:32   Link #2302
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
I fully concur with you Past Prime! All of us hope that Kaede will marry Kouta.... I wanna ask something.....If Kaede was a murderer, then how can she enter school especially since she ran away from the orphanage? Besides that, where did Kaede went when she escaped from the train she murdered? Last but not least, how can Kouta remembered what Kaede did to him just because she killed someone? I thought he was hospitalized for 1 year.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 21:44   Link #2303
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Smile

Oh my...in that case, Lucy parents must have loved her a lot. If things are like that, then why did they broke up? It must be quite harsh for young Lucy. Why did Lucy mother suicide?? If she went back and fetch Lucy at the orphanage after giving birth to that child, won't Lucy still be able to lead a normal life? So pitiful That Kakuzawa is indeed a monster . Sorry for being rude but I don't quite understand what this phrase means...
Spoiler:

How on earth was Lucy's hand able to destroy buildings??!! Can all vectors do that?? And what do you mean when you said she also killed some pilots and sailors? They must have been far beyond Lucy's vector reach, right? Are you saying that vectors were supposed to be good-natured unless triggered by some unfortunate events? After watching the OVA again, I find that Lucy self-sacrifice is very big. She would allow herself to be retain just for the sake of hoping Kurama might be able to save her friend. Did Lucy continued schooling after the separation from Kouta and did that girl from the OVA series killed her own father?

About the season 2 ending, I fully concur with you! The marriage between Lucy and Kouta would make it a perfect ending. By the way, if Lucy's real name is Kaeda, then why did everyone at the research facility refer Kaeda as Lucy?? Plus, I find that Yuka just doesn't fit with Kouta. For one, Kouta only said he liked her but she told Lucy that she loved her and I can see a lot of sparks between Lucy and Kouta. If they were really to be married, then they would make quite a loving couple.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 01:08   Link #2304
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
I fully concur with you Past Prime! All of us hope that Kaede will marry Kouta.... I wanna ask something.....If Kaede was a murderer, then how can she enter school especially since she ran away from the orphanage? Besides that, where did Kaede went when she escaped from the train she murdered?
She wasn't in school. She was just passing by and stopped to watch them play soccer (football to the rest of the world). When she escaped from the train she continued killing people and living in their houses until they were found.
Quote:
Last but not least, how can Kouta remembered what Kaede did to him just because she killed someone? I thought he was hospitalized for 1 year.
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Oh my...in that case, Lucy parents must have loved her a lot. If things are like that, then why did they broke up? It must be quite harsh for young Lucy. Why did Lucy mother suicide?? If she went back and fetch Lucy at the orphanage after giving birth to that child, won't Lucy still be able to lead a normal life? So pitiful That Kakuzawa is indeed a monster .
Spoiler for manga:
Quote:
How on earth was Lucy's hand able to destroy buildings??!! Can all vectors do that?? And what do you mean when you said she also killed some pilots and sailors? They must have been far beyond Lucy's vector reach, right?
Spoiler for manga:
Quote:
Are you saying that vectors were supposed to be good-natured unless triggered by some unfortunate events?
The vectors are just tools. Like most tools they can be used for good things or for bad things. The unfortunate events that happened to Lucy caused her kill with them. Another diclonius with a different childhood might very well become a surgeon and use their vectors to perform operations that would be impossible using other means.
Quote:
did that girl from the OVA series killed her own father?
Yes, she killed her father, but it did not look to me like it was intentional.

Quote:
By the way, if Lucy's real name is Kaeda, then why did everyone at the research facility refer Kaeda as Lucy??
It was a way of making her not seem human. Lucy was an anthropological reference meaning about the same thing as the "Diclonius Eve" Biblical reference. Lucy was the name given to a homonid fossil of a human ancestor that was found in Africa.
Old 2008-02-12, 20:40   Link #2305
bongky

Incredible!! So Lucy was willing to sacrifice herself for the sake of Kouta? That's just amazing. And what did you meant when you said Lucy was preparing for a global strike? Oh right, in the end, was Nana killed? Did the Mariko clones killed her? And what about that pocky addict? How was he able to plant mind control devices into the Mariko clones? One more thing, from the current manga update I saw on the internet, there were a lot of bones in the research facility. What were they? Did the virus spread by Kakuzawa cause all the newborn offspring's to be diclonius? What happened to Anna? Is she really able to foresaw the future? And what happen to that Nozom in the end? Was she killed by one of Mariko's clone? One last thing, did Kurama go berserk after witnessing the death of his only daughter?
Old 2008-02-12, 21:14   Link #2306
PastPrime

Quote:
Incredible!! So Lucy was willing to sacrifice herself for the sake of Kouta? That's just amazing. And what did you meant when you said Lucy was preparing for a global strike? Oh right, in the end, was Nana killed? Did the Mariko clones killed her? And what about that pocky addict? How was he able to plant mind control devices into the Mariko clones? One more thing, from the current manga update I saw on the internet, there were a lot of bones in the research facility. What were they? Did the virus spread by Kakuzawa cause all the newborn offspring's to be diclonius? What happened to Anna? Is she really able to foresaw the future? And what happen to that Nozom in the end? Was she killed by one of Mariko's clone? One last thing, did Kurama go berserk after witnessing the death of his only daughter?
For what I can answer.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by PastPrime; 2008-02-12 at 22:19.
Old 2008-02-12, 21:55   Link #2307
Fate lover

How old was Annah actually, I thought she was only a kid when the experiments was conducted on her. So, in the end, Kurama did not suicide and live with Nana at Maple Inn? How do you know how to read Japanese since all the other Elfen Lied are raws, Past Prime?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-12, 22:16   Link #2308
PastPrime

Quote:
How old was Annah actually, I thought she was only a kid when the experiments was conducted on her. So, in the end, Kurama did not suicide and live with Nana at Maple Inn? How do you know how to read Japanese since all the other Elfen Lied are raws, Past Prime?
I am going from the summaries that were posted as the chapters were coming out.
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-02-13, 22:49   Link #2309
Fate lover

I see, so only Annah and the others survived the destruction......Then, where did Annah went after the event? Is robo Bando Bando made into a robot? One last question, if Kaede was able to attend school, would she be top in her school since in the anime, she seems to like book a lot.
Spoiler for Lucy:

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-14, 13:30   Link #2310
PastPrime

Quote:
I see, so only Annah and the others survived the destruction......Then, where did Annah went after the event? Is robo Bando Bando made into a robot? One last question, if Kaede was able to attend school, would she be top in her school since in the anime, she seems to like book a lot.
Spoiler for Lucy:
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-02-14, 22:25   Link #2311
Fate lover

Spoiler for manga:
A question, which part of the brain of the diclonius is bigger than normal humans? I don't quite get what Kurama said in the anime. In the anime, before Kurama died, he had a vision of Mariko attending a normal school and his wife, is it possible that it was a preview of season 2 where Kurama, his wife and daughter is reborn?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-14, 22:25   Link #2312
bongky

Whoa o.O Diclonius are so cool. Having a highly developed brain makes them even cooler. But I still have one question in mind though...did Nyu killed any people when she learned to use her vectors? About the ancient diclonius race. That would mean Kakuzawa and Lucy's father was descended from the same family, is it? If that's the case then why can't Kakuzawa accept normal humans like Lucy's father? In the end, when Anna came out from that monstrous head, she had grown older, is it? Is there any picture of her?
Old 2008-02-15, 05:42   Link #2313
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

No, John, you are the Diclonius.

And then John was a mutant.
Old 2008-02-15, 12:16   Link #2314
PastPrime

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
A question, which part of the brain of the diclonius is bigger than normal humans? I don't quite get what Kurama said in the anime. In the anime, before Kurama died, he had a vision of Mariko attending a normal school and his wife, is it possible that it was a preview of season 2 where Kurama, his wife and daughter is reborn?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Whoa o.O Diclonius are so cool. Having a highly developed brain makes them even cooler. But I still have one question in mind though...did Nyu killed any people when she learned to use her vectors? About the ancient diclonius race. That would mean Kakuzawa and Lucy's father was descended from the same family, is it? If that's the case then why can't Kakuzawa accept normal humans like Lucy's father? In the end, when Anna came out from that monstrous head, she had grown older, is it? Is there any picture of her?
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-02-15, 21:29   Link #2315
Fate lover

I see, but I thought Bando was kicked out of SAT already, who called the medical team? In the OVA, where did Lucy hide when she was with the girl and how old was she then? Last but not least, how in the hell did that maniac Kakuzawa got a grip of Lucy's youth picture, I thought the orphanage was ripped to pieces by Lucy to leave no trail.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-15, 21:48   Link #2316
bongky

I see. Now I get it. Thanks for the guidance. But there's still one more thing I had in mind. When facing extreme circumstances, Lucy's horn grew back immediately to allow Lucy to come out right? Why? Can't Lucy use her vectors to defeat Anna? And what about the vaccine created by the female scientist. Does it wipe out all the diclonius race? Or is it used for controlling the vector virus spread by Kakuzawa? By the way, at the end of the anime of Elfen Lied, did Bando died? I really hope for a season 2 though...I wish to watch the continuation of the anime. Hopefully the ending will be a perfect ending.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-15, 21:48   Link #2317
PastPrime

Quote:
I see, but I thought Bando was kicked out of SAT already, who called the medical team? In the OVA, where did Lucy hide when she was with the girl and how old was she then? Last but not least, how in the hell did that maniac Kakuzawa got a grip of Lucy's youth picture, I thought the orphanage was ripped to pieces by Lucy to leave no trail.
Lucy was 15 in the OVA. They were hiding in a toy warehouse. I believe that the girl's mother was supposed to make an appearance there the next day and they were trying to get to see her.

Lucy only killed the bullies and the girl who betrayed her. Then she took her puppy's body and left. She didn't hurt anyone else there or do any other damage to the building.

As for Bando, I can only guess that someone called the authorities about the gunshots on the beach and they sent an emergency crew with the police on the chance that someone had been shot.
Old 2008-02-15, 23:19   Link #2318
AnimeKraze
Clare & Teresa Suki

Send a message via MSN to AnimeKraze
Does Lucy/Nyu die in the end or not?? The ending is so vague...
AnimeKraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 06:30   Link #2319
Fate lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeKraze View Post
Does Lucy/Nyu die in the end or not?? The ending is so vague...
That's hard to say, in my opinion, I think she is only recaptured back to the facility since the crazy dork, General Director needs her for the future diclonius race. Besides that, in my guess, I think it was the female scientist who appeared in the end at Maple Inn doorstep to warn Kouta about the danger approaching but I don't know what did you think, hehe.
Spoiler for Fate/Stay Night:

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-16, 06:31   Link #2320
bongky

By the way, in the manga, what was the thing Lucy leave behind which is besides her dog's grave?

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen