AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-24, 15:44   Link #2361
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Yeah... but, remmeber, they left it like that so we can interperate it how we want. If you want that person to be Lucy, then it's Lucy. However, I, however mind-shattering it is, don't see how that's possible, since that will the last scene on the bridge utterly pointless.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 15:48   Link #2362
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
Whoa whoa, cool down Nenkitsune. My avatar? Don't you think it is sweet? By the way, which part of the effect was shattered? Last but not least, never commit suicide even in your dreams.=P

Spoiler:
I happen to think your avatar is very cute. xD

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune
Oh, and Faeyice, with the type of girls I like, I don't plan on getting married soon either. Besides, Harumi (my 78 Datsun 280z) takes up too much of my money for me to have a girlfriend haha.
I don't plan on dating for a while. I don't like dating over the internet, and all the people around my age here are a bunch of idiots. Nor does anybody I know share any minuscule amount of a similar interest either, which really sucks. D:

----------

I feel as if the ending of Elfen Lied left a finished feeling, as if saying this is the end. Sure, I'd like to see more, but it may ruin the series for most, but stuff like that doesn't really bother me. Nor do fillers or anything else. If I'm really bored, I'll even watch something I don't even like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodagod
I guess that I just can't live not knowing what happened, because the uncertainty is killing me. If the last episode would have lasted just a few seconds longer, so much more would have been made clear. Regarding the feelings - you lose some and you gain some, so you can't say for sure that you'd be disappointed in the end.
I agree with you there.

Last edited by Faeyice; 2008-02-24 at 18:06.
Faeyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 16:22   Link #2363
Ketro

Yeah, a second series could answer many more questions/predictions, like:

Spoiler for Elfen Lied:
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 18:02   Link #2364
Fate lover

Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
i read all 81 translated chapters today. it took me 3 hours exactly. i'm also REALLY waiting for the rest of them to come out sooo badly haha.
Wow, you really have good stamina, able to read all 81 chapters in 1 day, INCREDIBLE!! It took me a whole week..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Yeah... but, remmeber, they left it like that so we can interperate it how we want. If you want that person to be Lucy, then it's Lucy. However, I, however mind-shattering it is, don't see how that's possible, since that will the last scene on the bridge utterly pointless.
But even so, watching a second season can instantly reveal a lot of mysteries. Besides, we can see the continuation of Lucy and the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketro View Post
Yeah, a second series could answer many more questions/predictions, like:

Spoiler for Elfen Lied:
I fully concur with you there. But I think the 2 police investigators are not so important since they only appeared for a few seconds in the anime. I think the director general intentions and the female scientist are a better topic.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 18:07   Link #2365
bongky

Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Indeed I fully concur with a second season being published. There is still a lot of uncertainties in Elfen Lied. No doubt that the second season might bring some side effect to the anime but if we look at it from an overall point of view, a second season could actually be much more better as we can get to understand the anime more throughly and besides, maybe the second season might be better than the first season.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 18:17   Link #2366
Fate lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Indeed I fully concur with a second season being published. There is still a lot of uncertainties in Elfen Lied. No doubt that the second season might bring some side effect to the anime but if we look at it from an overall point of view, a second season could actually be much more better as we can get to understand the anime more throughly and besides, maybe the second season might be better than the first season.
Of course the 2nd season will be better than the 1st season. This is because the 1st season is only up to manga chapter 50 something. It will not bring much side effect even if it is published, so just relax and wait.

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-24, 19:28   Link #2367
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Wow, you really have good stamina, able to read all 81 chapters in 1 day, INCREDIBLE!! It took me a whole week..

But even so, watching a second season can instantly reveal a lot of mysteries. Besides, we can see the continuation of Lucy and the story.

I fully concur with you there. But I think the 2 police investigators are not so important since they only appeared for a few seconds in the anime. I think the director general intentions and the female scientist are a better topic.
Haha, yeah...I tend to read manga like a nut. It takes me exactly 30 minutes to finish the average volume of anything, a bit longer for certian series. I can read as many as i like as long as I'm interested (I read all 8 volumes of chobits in one sitting for instance)
I'm the same way about anime. I watched Elfen Lied in one sitting.

I don't really want a second series really. It would be nice, But i like just reading the manga haha.

the 2 police investigators really serve no purpose. if you remember, the organization was making use of both SAT and the local authorities to try and find lucy in the begining.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 00:28   Link #2368
Fate lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
Haha, yeah...I tend to read manga like a nut. It takes me exactly 30 minutes to finish the average volume of anything, a bit longer for certian series. I can read as many as i like as long as I'm interested (I read all 8 volumes of chobits in one sitting for instance)
I'm the same way about anime. I watched Elfen Lied in one sitting.

I don't really want a second series really. It would be nice, But i like just reading the manga haha.

the 2 police investigators really serve no purpose. if you remember, the organization was making use of both SAT and the local authorities to try and find lucy in the begining.
Yes but in the manga, a close friend of one of the police investigator was killed by Lucy. To my guessing, I think the local authorities only want to help capture Lucy is because they want revenge more than safety.

By the way, how many diclonius are they? Mariko was number 35 right? Why weren't we introduced to the rest of the diclonius family?

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-25, 14:56   Link #2369
Reno

That would... be a bit pointless wouldn't it? And we did some of them in episode 10 in Kurama's past.
Old 2008-02-25, 15:03   Link #2370
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That would... be a bit pointless wouldn't it? And we did some of them in episode 10 in Kurama's past.
Depends on your outlook. D: I for one would like to see more diclonius.

I've recently realized, that they haven't really shown any male diclonius that were locked up. So far we've only seen females.
Old 2008-02-25, 17:23   Link #2371
Fate lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeyice View Post
Depends on your outlook. D: I for one would like to see more diclonius.

I've recently realized, that they haven't really shown any male diclonius that were locked up. So far we've only seen females.
I fully agree with you. Until now, we have seen too much of a girl diclonius which I think is very..umm...unbalance. There is no way a X chromosome ovum will always fertilized with a X chromosome sperm, right? There must be some Y.

I think Kakuzawa was a male diclonius...

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-25, 17:52   Link #2372
Malzar
Dark Watcher

a second season :O awesome never thought there would come a new season ^^ although the anime pwnd
Malzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 19:38   Link #2373
PastPrime

Quote:
I fully agree with you. Until now, we have seen too much of a girl diclonius which I think is very..umm...unbalance. There is no way a X chromosome ovum will always fertilized with a X chromosome sperm, right? There must be some Y.

I think Kakuzawa was a male diclonius...
ALL OF THE VECTOR VIRUS DICLONIUS ARE FEMALE. There are no males locked up.
Spoiler for manga:
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 20:05   Link #2374
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
basically the female diclonius that are born through the vector virus are worker bees, with lucy the queen bee. just as with bees, all the workers are female, none are male. It was explained in the manga well, and i think they did in the anime as well.

I don't think we really know what the numbers truly corespond to though. It could be what number they are, but at the same time, it could just be what number they are in terms of either being captured, or the number by discovery (remember, they killed all the diclonius born after a certian point)

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 00:08   Link #2375
bongky

By the way, does the boy diclonius given birthed by Lucy's mother have vectors like Lucys'? Although I am not quite sure it's true or false, I've heard rumors that the second season will be released by late October. But this is still not confirmed so I best advice we don't put our hopes high
Old 2008-02-26, 00:15   Link #2376
Fate lover

Ya, although I surely do hope for one.><

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Old 2008-02-26, 09:06   Link #2377
bongky

Quote:
Ya, although I surely do hope for one.><
I also hope for one too but all I've heard are just rumors. All we can do now is to keep our finger cross and hope that there really is a second season where we can see the continuation of the series. By the way, where do you stay? I believe I live in the same country as you. Oh, one more thing, where do you get to read the continuation of the manga?
Old 2008-02-26, 12:28   Link #2378
Reno

AHH I've just watched the end of Elfen Lied again... probably a mistake. I WANT to cry but I can't!! When Lucy and Kouta kiss... it's just so beautiful!!

Ehe sorry...
Old 2008-02-26, 16:33   Link #2379
Sodagod
Nightcrawler
*Artist

Quote:
AHH I've just watched the end of Elfen Lied again... probably a mistake. I WANT to cry but I can't!!

Ehe sorry...
Geez, get a grip!
I too never get tired of watching EL, but I've never been upset because I CAN'T cry.
More like the opposite. But you're right though, it's damn beautiful when they kiss.

Actually I watched the whole series again and I have a question - do diclonius have a titanium - hard skull or something?
Because
Spoiler for Series:
Old 2008-02-26, 17:21   Link #2380
Isaak
Anime preferred

Even seeing it for a third time the anime still touches me, even though no tears come out it does give me the basic feeling of crying.

Sodagod,
Spoiler for First episode:
Isaak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen