AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-20, 12:38   Link #321
ReddyRedWolf

Anatolia was the Guardian of the planet earth. Not Earth as it isn't Chikyuu.

It's inhabitants eventually killed its Angel leaving Anatolia alone. Finding Gift she hoped to meets its Angel and serve it. But after three fallen civilizations she went cukoo. Set events to acquire the power of Felia to revive her world. Except Felia doesn't have the key but Sogo did. So instead of planting an Angel Anatolia sought to be an Angel herself.

Felia confessed her love for Sogo but she had to sacrifice her freedom to save Gift and earth from destruction. Keeping the planets from smashing into each other and making earth inhabitable.

Whatever happened to Anatolia? We don't know but if anything she got almost all she wanted. Bringing life to earth.

Kuon and Roman got married with kids. Otto grew up to be an astronaut to explore space and earth. Gus runs the restaurant. Psycho kid is a wanted man. Lolicon has his money. Bread maid runs a cow farm. Sogo became a professor at the same university his mother was at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Alfried is a successful businessman (how, I have no idea).
He had money to begin with he was just living like a NEET when Gus pulled him in.

His backstory is that his hacks crashed the economy and bought stocks for cheap and getting rich in the process.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 13:08   Link #322
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well....that happened.

I mean there was some good stuff in there, it's just...it wasn't ever all that interesting or impactful. You don't have to invert a genre or do something completely unheard of. But you have to make it interesting somehow. This just felt very darn generic.

At the very start I felt like this had some potential as an original story. But...it just stayed very average and the cast never really stood out that much for me. It feels like maybe they could have done more with a 2 cour show, but maybe not.

And yeah, thanks Comet Lucifer to telling the audience they are horrible people and killing our planet's angel. Very subtle environmental message there .

Oh well. Day is saved and such. It's about how you expected it to end, minus the future look. I mean damn Roman sure as heck didn't waste his time. Felia as you'd expect didn't stay with the main cast and goes off to do....whatever she's doing. And well in the end the world continues on.

On the positive side at least Felia got a chance to be a lead character for a while. Going off and fighting her own battle to saved the one she cared about. Pretty nice in that sense.

Sadly this is going to be remarkably forgettable. By part way through next season I may struggle to remember it at all.
Old 2015-12-20, 13:20   Link #323
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Urgh, I would've been happily satisfied with this series if it weren't for that Felia ending. Ugh. I will never understand the alure of the bittersweet ending where the hero and heoine fall in love but are seperated in the end. We get way more bittersweet endings like this than we do happy get-together endings.
Old 2015-12-20, 13:23   Link #324
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

What a load of pants this series was. If you want a review: "bleurrrrgh".
Old 2015-12-20, 18:00   Link #325
dark998

11+12, final arc was pretty hype and all the loose ends get tied nicely coupled with the motives of the true enemy. Also nice twist with the heroine having to save the MC.

And with that said, I dislike bittersweet endings and this is not exception. I guess japanese writers are simply missing that last push needed to make conclusions fully statisfactory. There are exceptions, of course.

All in all nice original production, story was nothing to write home about but was perfectly watchable and always delivered on music and action, both staples for mecha series.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 19:19   Link #326
Dop
Mmmm....

Yeah, the action stuff was good, but if your side characters are more interesting than the main 'couple', then there's a problem. It's kind of a shame, as I think the setting had promise, and there was a little good character development (Roman being a good guy rather than the annoying rival he came across as at the start, and Gus going rogue after his mentor was killed), but, yeah. Brushing off the ending in the end credits suggests even one more episode might have helped, and some other things about the show make me wonder if it had been written for two cour and forcibly abridged into one.

Watchable, but nothing special, and probably forgettable.
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 20:24   Link #327
Wandering Soul

Overall this was a pretty weak and forgettable show. The setting could have been fleshed out more and the side characters, especially Do Mon were all more interesting than the main couple.

That whole thing about wasting our angel's gift and killing the earth was an incredibly unsubtle environmental message. I'm somewhat surprised they actually tried to jam that in there.

This series was truly wasted potential and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by Wandering Soul; 2015-12-20 at 22:58.
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 22:19   Link #328
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the ending seemed forced and rushed all over the place

5/10 should of made this into 24eps
Old 2015-12-21, 00:26   Link #329
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 18:43   Link #330
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Pretty much expected a Sogo and Felia will never be together.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 04:19   Link #331
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Well, that ending was pretty much how I suspected it would go. Never liked bittersweet endings, even with so-so series like this.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 14:43   Link #332
chaos_animagic

Yea, this series is basically showcasing the supporting and side characters while the main characters gets the blah.

And so... the girl that used to like Sogo gone for the other dude because Sogo dumped her for a Stone girl. And now Sogo is living the "forever alone" life. Great deal right?... lol

Failed MC pairing is failed.

Also someone mentioned TTGL... at least there's a similarity here, both MC's girl is gone and the MC basically is just there to pass down the history... while everyone else gets all the good stuff. (difference is the "bro" in Combet Lucifer gets the hawt girl, and the "bro" in TTGL gets "offed")

PS: and so... the series' moral is... Humans on Planet Earth grow too widespread and polluting the Planet and causing it to die then a new Planet will be Spawned nearby with new life, but the living beings in there will die 3 times over thousands (or millions) of years before a new race of Humans arrives to find new power and save the Planet.

Sounds like our current Planet Earth is heading there.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-22, 15:13   Link #333
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Well, that ending was pretty much how I suspected it would go. Never liked bittersweet endings, even with so-so series like this.
I am personally okay with bittersweet endings, but (like many types of other endings) if they are done well. For me this series was not done well on the whole, but the ending was especially "meh". I ... really found myself disengaged in the story almost the entire ep. What a pity, I felt it was just plain sloppy writing....

It did help to drive home how important it can be to nail or fail the end of a series in evaluating one's enjoyment of the series as a whole, though. For me the last ep really felt like the catch phrase of "going out on a whimper". In other words, it was quite ineffective, and not only ineffective, but it actually made me lose interest in the series as a whole.
Old 2015-12-22, 16:37   Link #334
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't really like the bittersweet ending though

So basically, Felia is roaming in between of Earth and Gift, which should be a strong reason for Sogo to join Roman's rocket
He should be able to meet Felia again....

if somehow they make a movie or OVA, they probably would send another angel so Felia finally could return to Gift again

I feel happy for Kuon since she finally get someone who truly love her
Everyone got a happy ending...

I finally managed to finish this episode.. they have some notable moments, like Do Mon's past, Do Mon's death, and that final fight where Felia showed her worth as main character and showed how useless Sogo again
now please excuse me as I forcefully convince myself that somewhere.... in my mind... Felia and Sogo are together
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-23, 12:34   Link #335
Nicaea

Only thing worth remembering is the death of Do mon ;~;
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-23, 17:02   Link #336
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Only thing worth remembering is the death of Do mon ;~;
yea... that episode actually the one that give me a slight hope, that give me strength to finish this anime..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 10:01   Link #337
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Not a bad series, but then it ended with an absurdly stupid environmental message that we've heard a billion times over. Even if they changed it from "the planet of earth" to "the planet of dirt/earth", the image of its past and everything about it makes it painfully obvious what it's supposed to be and, more specifically, what it's supposed to represent. I rather doubt we'll make Earth uninhabitable, but even if we do and go extinct, life will go on. It'll change, and much damage will be done, but it's the height of arrogance to think that we can actually annihilate all life on our planet. You could send the last human away in suspended animation, have him come back a hundred millennia later, and unless other things beyond human control happen he'd find it to still be alive and thriving, with no remaining traces of any civilization having ever existed. Give it a rest with these stupid Man the Destroyer bits. PLEASE.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 18:34   Link #338
James Rye

Wow, that... was actually a really good ending! Can't believe I say that, but I really liked it! Dunno, it was so crazy and jumpy and yet for me it seemed to hit just all teh right notes! <3
Especially the ending sequences were nice, holy crap, Otto became an astronaut and earth is blooming life again! Just wow.

Tags
anime original, mecha, sci-fi