AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-25, 05:35   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Sorairo Utility

Yostar Pictures' first original IP Sorairo Utility gets anime. It will be about cute girls playing golf.

Sources:
https://twitter.com/kengo1212/status...76219317223427
https://twitter.com/YostarPictures/s...77009691860996
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-25, 11:52   Link #2
Frontier

Cute girls golfing: The Anime. Finally .
Old 2021-12-29, 02:54   Link #3
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 07:37.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-01, 17:01   Link #4
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Seems like something went wrong with production and all we got is a short TV-special.

It was cute, had actual golf and even a bit of fanservice at the end but I hoped for a full series.

It came out yesterday, available on CR.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-05, 15:00   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

OK, as someone who has played golf for decades, I've got a few comments.

First, what's with that course? One hole was a 448-yard par four. Most amateur men don't play at that distance unless they are very good. These girls should have been playing on holes where par fours average 350 yards, with perhaps a few par fives at 450 yards or so. None of these girls would have a chance at making par on a 450-yard par four, much less carding a birdie.

(Nerdy note: The opening hole at 443 yards has a "handicap" of 16. The last hole is about 350 yards with a handicap of 8. These figures should be reversed. A higher handicap indicates an easier hole. Golfers have handicaps that measure their average score relative to par, so strong players have handicaps in the low single digits. IF a player's handicap is greater than the hole's, she gets an extra stroke in competition, meaning her five can tie a better player's four. )

BTW, why is this in yards? I'll have to look again when I next watch an event in Japan, but I think they use meters or show both meters and yards.

Next, take those "woods" ("metals," whatever you want to call them) out of Minami's hands and give her a seven or even a nine iron to hit routinely. Won't go as far but will go a lot straighter. Better yet, take her to the range for some practice.

Unless one of these girl's parent is a club member, the three of them could easily have spent a thousand dollars playing two rounds of golf together.

Quote:
Let’s take a look at one of the golf clubs in Japan, Fuji Golf Course, which claims to offer “the lowest prices” .

- Playing golf in the Spring Season (October) on a regular weekday will cost about 19,000 yen, and weekends and public holidays will cost from 26,000 yen to 29,000 yen;

- Playing golf in non-peak seasons ranges from 11,000 yen to 16,000 yen during a regular weekday, and weekends and public holidays range from 20,000 yen to 28,000 yen

It is important to note that the fees above are only for a single player.
Renting a cart can cost another 9000 yen per round.

See: https://we-xpats.com/en/guide/as/jp/detail/5556/

Oh, and one of my early PC golf video games had better illustrations than this show. I hear there's another golf show down the road this year. Hope it's better than this.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-05, 15:09   Link #6
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Seems like something went wrong with production and all we got is a short TV-special.
This was a fun OVA that I enjoyed watching, and I did some looking around. I don't think it was that pessimistic, though. It feels more like Yostar was giving director Kengo Saitō a chance to make something of his choosing. I read that Saitō had been itching to make a golf-related animation for some time, so Sorairo Utility was probably meant as a way of granting this wish.

Tags
anime original, golf, sports, yostar