AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-03-25, 05:01   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Do It Yourself!! Anticipation

Quote:
Anime studio PINE JAM (Kageki Shoujo!!, Gamers!) revealed on Thursday that it is producing an original television anime titled Do It Yourself!!. The anime will follow the daily lives of high school girls as they face struggles working on DIY projects.

Kazuhiro Yoneda (Hozuki's Cooolheadedness seasons 2 and 3, Yona of the Dawn, Kageki Shoujo!!) is directing the anime at PINE JAM. Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Black Clover, Dropkick on My Devil!) is both writing and overseeing the series scripts, and Yuusuke Matsuo (Encouragement of Climb, The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) is the character designer. IMAGO and Avex Pictures are credited with the original work.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2021-03-25, 20:47   Link #2
Tohsaka
Magus

This series definitely has potential. They could go a similar route to Cells at Work & Koisuru Asteroid to make it educational about DIY stuff — at least, I'm hoping they go that route.
Old 2022-08-18, 20:14   Link #3
APNki

New preview, airing fall 2022
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...emiere/.188783

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-08-19, 20:41   Link #4
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Let's goooooooooooooo!
Old 2022-09-29, 12:39   Link #5
EroKing

Old 2022-10-05, 20:41   Link #6
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This one is going to be really fun to watch with Serufu being such a klutz and all as well have 3 pets a pig cat and a dog with the pig being the best of the three
Old 2022-10-06, 00:32   Link #7
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll give the lead credit. She's one heck of a harem protagonist. Somehow she's got multiple girls blushing around her all the time even though she barely seems aware of the world around her.

The first episode was fine. Didn't quite work for me, but I think they did a solid job with it. Nice little journey for Serufu joining that DIY club.
Old 2022-10-06, 01:35   Link #8
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 1

I liked it. Yua Serufu is like an extra spacey version of Yui from K-on!. Her ability to injure herself is very amusing. And, her wish to repair her friendship by constructing a bench is the sweetest, silliest, most wholesome motivation I've seen for an anime in a while. It also kinda feels a bit like Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken... if the main character was a complete noob disaster instead of a competent subject matter expert.

Animation is a bit rough, I suppose, but they seemed to ramp up the detail for the DIY scenes, so I think it'll be fine. If it can thread the needle between its silliness and its wholesomeness like this first episode did I think it might be somewhere between pretty decent and quite good!
Old 2022-10-06, 03:38   Link #9
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2022-10-06, 05:02   Link #10
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
ITA, Sketch Book was the exact look that came to mind for me. And my main thought was "why are all this brilliant animators and artists working on a hopelessly generic show that anime will puke out 15 of every season whether anyone talented is working on it or not?"
Closed Thread

Tags
anime original, diy, educational