AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-07, 12:04   Link #61
Dop
Mmmm....

Ah, that scene on Yajiro's train leading up to the moment when Yaichiro finally tells Gyokuran that he loves her was truly wonderful. There's a real romantic aspect to this season, more so than in the first, which is being handled really well. I love it.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-07, 13:08   Link #62
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Loved the way they built up from Yajiro in his train form launching to the Yaichiro and Gyokuran mutually declaration of their love for each other and the train sailing through the skies after that. It was magical.

The second part was was okay in comparison but still derived personal satisfaction in the other way to see Benten get her comeuppance. She has been flaunting her tengu powers and doing things with impunity. It has caught up with her when a powerful Nidaime puts her in her place after she stole his beloved chaise to use.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-07, 14:04   Link #63
SeaDoor

Ah! Love is in the air. The Yaichiro and Gyokuran confession scene during the night parade was wonderful.

Such a charming episode. I kept a smile on my face the whole time!

I am thinking that Benten is being charmed by Nidaime and maybe these two will become a pair also. Now they should just add that missing pair...
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-07, 14:15   Link #64
AB079
Banned

Does Yasaburou loves benten? I always had the impression that he has some feelings for her and is one of the few characters that can understand her.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-07, 21:20   Link #65
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well they all having a good time before those idiot twins showed up and Nidaime
Old 2017-05-07, 22:11   Link #66
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Does Yasaburou loves benten? I always had the impression that he has some feelings for her and is one of the few characters that can understand her.
Very hard to say. For someone so easygoing he's hard to read. He can get along with the likes of Akadama, Benten, Nidaime and even Tenyama to some extent. Given the (sexual) tension between Benten and Nidaime, I'm it sure if a pairing between Benten and Yasaburou could exist. For now I'm just going with the thought that Benten and Yasaburou are kindred spirits of some sort.

What I do notice is that Yasaburou doesn't have many Tanuki "friends". Outside of his family and tanuki he needs a service from, he's usually seen with non-tanuki. What's up with that?
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-08, 12:14   Link #67
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

If Yasaburo actually likes her, he's only going to end up burnt since he stands no chance against Akadama from the romance POV..... Speaking of Akadama, he's so much bluster on the ship but I'm sure he's just going to trip over himself again if he actually fought lol
Old 2017-05-08, 18:04   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What an episode! The Yaichiro and Gyoukuran moments were sweet, but the highlight of the episode was Benten getting utterly humiliated by Nidaime. Until now, she had always stood at the very top. This will hurt her pride quite a bit.
Old 2017-05-10, 00:59   Link #69
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This will hurt her pride quite a bit.
To the point she couldn't even have a strength to stand up or fly but have the master gives a piggyback ride in the ending.

While thinking 'I hope u learn a lesson', I'm pretty sure she won't and keep coming back to upset Nidaime.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 11:32   Link #70
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 06

The narrative took an unexpectedly serious turn, but even in the midst of all the narrative events I was actually kind of ... fascinated by seeing Yasaburo in ... "that place".

The first few moments of him wandering around in that landscape all by himself was really well done, and I thought the art was unexpectedly powerful and effective. Has P.A. Works ever done anything like that before?

Anyway, good episode on the whole.
Old 2017-05-14, 12:06   Link #71
AB079
Banned

Oh man what a great episode, a very dark one tho.

The trip to the hell was something really unexpected and fun at the same time, glad to see that Benten was there and in a very good mood despite what happened on the previous episode.

It seems there is more behind this painting, especially after that last scene.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 16:26   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought Soun couldn't sink any lower, but he just did. The bastard is going to happily engage in cannibalism now.

The trip to hell was great, and lifted the mystery surrounding Tenmaya. He's an oni who fell in love with Benten and used the spider's thread to come to the world of the living. Benten has no reason to be afraid of him given how easily she can kick the asses of Onis. It makes Nidaime's feat from last week even more impressive.

Kaisei is sounding more and more jealous of Benten. Just show yourself already, girl, and he might fall for you instead! They already have great chemistry as is.
Old 2017-05-14, 19:02   Link #73
SeaDoor

I, too, love the chemistry between Yasaburo and Kaisei and yes she seems to be getting more angry over his fascination with Benten. This was quite an unusual episode almost trippy but still not to the level of the swimming with whales, the leaf collection or the death episodes of the previous season. Still loving every episode so far.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 20:17   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ep 06

The narrative took an unexpectedly serious turn, but even in the midst of all the narrative events I was actually kind of ... fascinated by seeing Yasaburo in ... "that place".

The first few moments of him wandering around in that landscape all by himself was really well done, and I thought the art was unexpectedly powerful and effective. Has P.A. Works ever done anything like that before?

Anyway, good episode on the whole.
P.A. Works has never really done anything like Uchouten Kazoku, period. It's pretty much a singularity for them.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 21:18   Link #75
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Yasaburou goes into the painting of hell and Benten goes to hell to fight onis
Old 2017-05-15, 09:10   Link #76
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm curious... does Soun have an ulterior reason for sending his own damn nephew into hell aside form his stubborn desire to fuck over his brother's family at every given chance?

On that note, Kaisei really needs more Dere in her system.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-15, 09:13   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm curious... does Soun have an ulterior reason for sending his own damn nephew into hell aside form his stubborn desire to fuck over his brother's family at every given chance?
I doubt it. He just hates his brother and therefore his nephews with a passion. BUT there is a possibility he didn't want Yasaburo to interfere with whatever he is planning now and so he tried to put him out of the picture... by throwing him into a painting.
Old 2017-05-15, 10:08   Link #78
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I doubt it. He just hates his brother and therefore his nephews with a passion. BUT there is a possibility he didn't want Yasaburo to interfere with whatever he is planning now and so he tried to put him out of the picture... by throwing him into a painting.
That's my assumption. Yasaburou is presumably in Arima to meddle, and meddling would throw a wrench in Suou's plans.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 06:05   Link #79
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Even hell is becoming our world lol, is that poetic or what.... Also everyone in this show is so loveable. Benten to Kaisei to even the onis....

BGM for this ep is so atmospheric....love it
Old 2017-05-18, 09:03   Link #80
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Well, that was trippy! Loved seeing Benten back to her usual charming 😂 self! Though the blow to her pride might have been an interesting character development for her, but I still find her more fascinating when she's at her most destructive and whimsical persona.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, fantasy races, modern day comedy, p.a. works