AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-06-10, 01:51   Link #61
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Don't worry about double posting, all of us graphic designers have to do it sooner or later. If you lasted up to page 3 till you have to do your first double post than you have been doing much better than many of us on that aspect

C.C and Lulu still lack contrast, C.C is also a bit to bright. And it's notable that the stock is LQ. Still a nice sig, but imho not on par with your better works.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 03:05   Link #62
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
ur sigs are awesome ;_;
mine are fails......xD

great job on ur other sigs, i agree with sephi that it seems like C.C. has not much detail cuz of dulling from too much brightness.

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 03:08   Link #63
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Don't worry about double posting, all of us graphic designers have to do it sooner or later. If you lasted up to page 3 till you have to do your first double post than you have been doing much better than many of us on that aspect
No probs, then.
Quote:
C.C and Lulu still lack contrast, C.C is also a bit to bright.
The said brightness is in fact a leftover of my earlier manipulations - namely smudging around with her green hair with a 'brighten' option. Similarly, the right side of the sig is darker as I smudged Lelouch's dark cape rightwards, therefore creating an imbalance. I tried fixing it but in the end I made it worse, so I had to backtrack and salvage the sig.
Quote:
And it's notable that the stock is LQ.
It is indeed (as it is a fanart and not available in higher resolution), and it's a pity as it was a nice CLAMP-like fanart. T_T
Quote:
Still a nice sig, but imho not on par with your better works.
A result, alas, from weeks, if not months, of inactivity. As I said, I lost the rhythm, lost the inspiration and lost the free time to continue my GFX sprees. I've been fiddling with smudges on both PSE2.0 and CS2 with mixed results from both sides. At one time I had satisfying effects but I seem to have forgotten how in the nine hells I obtained them.

A result most likely born from experimenting all the time and not committing my new methods/tricks to memory. That's why I seldom do tutorials - I'm not sure what I'm going to get and I apply modifications as I see it fit, not according to a set pathway/method. Which is impractical for me if I wish to write a concise, step-by-step summary of my GFX-making.
Old 2008-06-23, 07:55   Link #64
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Just a minor update. Finally managed to tear myself off the smudge tool (which supplied some interesting but eventually boring desintegrating effects) to make this - yeah, you might recognize the render from Tenjo Tenge; I already used it but the previous sig didn't earn my full appreciation, so I tried again. I spent several minutes trying to correct the lighting and blue-green hue and even now my opinion is swinging back and forth between 'yeah, okay' and 'could have done better.' But I guess that is what happens when you've been estranged from PShop for several months.

Not sure what I'm going to do next, though.

EDIT:

I wanted to create a realistic background (ruins) but somehow it ended up faaaar away from what I envisioned. T_T

I made two versions - one with text (after much internal debate) and another without.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-06-23 at 17:02.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:52   Link #65
rainbow_rena
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Just a minor update. Finally managed to tear myself off the smudge tool (which supplied some interesting but eventually boring desintegrating effects) to make this - yeah, you might recognize the render from Tenjo Tenge; I already used it but the previous sig didn't earn my full appreciation, so I tried again. I spent several minutes trying to correct the lighting and blue-green hue and even now my opinion is swinging back and forth between 'yeah, okay' and 'could have done better.' But I guess that is what happens when you've been estranged from PShop for several months.

Not sure what I'm going to do next, though.

EDIT:

I wanted to create a realistic background (ruins) but somehow it ended up faaaar away from what I envisioned. T_T

I made two versions - one with text (after much internal debate) and another without.
nice sigs^^
i really love your sigs because the colours always work together, even when they are bright and a range of colours are used within them, they still seem to look really awesome and they stand out~!
and these sigs are really yummy ^_^
Old 2008-06-24, 07:32   Link #66
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, colors have always given me some degree of trouble at one point or another - whether it be to create a background realistic enough for my taste, to create a certain overall hue or merely saturation levels; recently I've had some problems trying to find a correct balance without slaughtering the range of other colors you've just mentioned. Since I've started using more and more gradients (blame it on MS Vista's appearance ) in my batch of new sigs, you can understand the conundrum I've constantly put myself in...and I don't think it'll stop. Anyway, I'm still experimenting here and there but for now I believe I'll continue using the 'floating pinpricks/debris of light' theme for a while as I already have a few ideas in mind.

Now the problem is...where am I going to get good scans...? *glares at Minitokyo*

Oh, and one more for the fun!

Somehow I'm not very satisfied with how I made the sea - especially the horizon. It's a pity, as I tried it in the past and right then I managed to bring up good results...but now...
...Must be an early case of Alzheimer. T_T
Old 2008-06-24, 08:46   Link #67
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Wonderful, simply wonderful creations.
Old 2008-06-24, 10:15   Link #68
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

*bows*
Thank you for your appreciation. (to be honest, I needed it - I seem to be cursed with bad luck today)

Continuing my earlier comment about colors and hues, here is an example of a typical dilemma I have to face each time I want to have a color/atmosphere-themed sig.

The second one is actually the original, but I wanted to create a sunset glow. Yet in doing so I fail to preserve the diversity in colors. I tried with ghost blurs to mix colors and all that but at the cost of severely blotting major details and increasing the contrast. This is usually when I give up and decide to keep the original version instead of the hued one.
Old 2008-06-24, 10:48   Link #69
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:

Wow ..Good Sig As Always...I Really Like Your Sig's ..
any way too hard To Choose Between These Two..But I Like The Second one..Look Very Lovely and Nice ..
Good Work on it ^_^
Old 2008-06-24, 11:26   Link #70
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
I really like the first one. The colors in the second one are a bit too flashy to my tastes. Really nice one.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 14:19   Link #71
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Oh, so it's 50-50? O_O
*weeps in a corner*
I see - perhaps I'll be cursed to never be able to make up my mind and, once and for all, stick to a final choice/ideal technique. Oh, well, never mind...beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all. And beauty is one hell of a fickle, elusive thing to treat with.

Anyway, here's another pair - both final (hued) and original (without borders) versions:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-06-25 at 14:44.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 14:41   Link #72
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Need to repeat myself, your sigs are breathtaking

You really should make a tutorial!
Old 2008-06-25, 15:16   Link #73
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Oh my gawd O_o. Do you create those backgrounds yourself? That's how I've understood it from your other sigs.
Awesome sigs. I love the metallic effect you manage create on most of them.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 11:40   Link #74
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, so it's 50-50? O_O
*weeps in a corner*
I see - perhaps I'll be cursed to never be able to make up my mind and, once and for all, stick to a final choice/ideal technique. Oh, well, never mind...beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all. And beauty is one hell of a fickle, elusive thing to treat with.

Anyway, here's another pair - both final (hued) and original (without borders) versions:

Source pic plz
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 12:56   Link #75
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ah, sure, sure:

Got this in Minitokyo, in one of the 'unidentified'/'others' sections.

The hair on the right was so horrible I had to cut it off...

As for the backgrounds? Yeah, I make it a point to always create them myself. From memory I only used a real picture once (see the previous pages, it's still there), although I still had to color it as it was in black and white. Some say I have a special fondness for foliage - well, it's no wonder: they are among the easiest ways for me to create a realistic background, so I'll sure as hell use them as best as possible.

And for those who would like to have the scans I used last:

Old 2008-06-30, 22:59   Link #76
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Ah, sure, sure:

Got this in Minitokyo, in one of the 'unidentified'/'others' sections.

The hair on the right was so horrible I had to cut it off...
Domou arigatou.. In return I'll give you this.. I'm sure you can at least find some use with it

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 05:53   Link #77
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, thank you too!

Right now I'm trying to get some work done on a Kara No Kyokai sig but it has been giving me grief for some time already, so I'm not sure when I'll update next. It's almost as if Photoshop had decided to pull a rebellion on me...
Old 2008-07-09, 02:19   Link #78
Crontica

i saw this thread, and i rate it a 30/10 its just that good.
Old 2008-07-09, 22:53   Link #79
magnum
Lurking Around

Hi
Nice work you got here
and I'm so very impress in your work

Can I have this one to use it as my banner?
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 22:51   Link #80
Nemu

The colors look really nice in this signature. I think it's really cool how you got so many colors to work so perfectly in one signature. ^^ All your signatures are really nice.

Signature by ganbaru
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
renegade