AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-28, 13:19   Link #1
paine724

Psychological anime reccomendation

I really love psychological animes and the whole concept of being able to think about the plot twists and story arcs.
Animes I have watched from this genre that I enjoyed

-Ergo Proxy- I just finished this anime and it was phenomenal. The amount of enlightenment thinking and philosophy presented in this anime was amazing. I honestly disliked the sci fi genre before this but ergo presented a way in which robots could be a side story and not the main theme. I gained a lot of respect for sci-fi through this show.

Monster- Perhaps my favorite anime series of all time. The plot was thought provoking and had be on edge for a long time.

Geass- I enjoyed the psychological aspects of this anime.

Darker than Black- I watched this right after Monster and I didn't like it as much as I should have

Death Note- It's a classic and the first psychological anime I ever watched

So care to recommend me something?

I may have watched more animes but they aren't coming to mind at the moment. These were my top favorites
Old 2010-11-28, 13:28   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ghost Hound. Not only is it psychological in the ways you ask for, but it also literally weaves psychiatry and psychology into the plot. Great, terribly underrated show.

After that, I think Paranoia Agent would be my next call.
Old 2010-11-28, 13:58   Link #3
JRendell
Manga Addict

A thread asking for exactly what you are asking for was created two hours before yours.....

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99368

There's alot in there you can look at.
Old 2010-11-28, 14:18   Link #4
paine724

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
A thread asking for exactly what you are asking for was created two hours before yours.....

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99368

There's alot in there you can look at.
If you paid attention to either of the two threads you will notice that many of the animes I like are ones the other thread creator dislikes.
Therefore many of the animes catered to his/her liking may not appeal to me and vice versa.
I am aware of the search function as well
Old 2010-11-28, 15:17   Link #5
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paine724 View Post
If you paid attention to either of the two threads you will notice that many of the animes I like are ones the other thread creator dislikes.
Therefore many of the animes catered to his/her liking may not appeal to me and vice versa.
I am aware of the search function as well
What I'm saying is, many series that have been named in the other thread are only going to be repeated in here. Primarily due to the amount of series that have been named in that thread, regardless of whether the OP liked them or not.
Old 2010-11-28, 17:38   Link #6
matrixdutch

I think you may like Akagi, though the ending was absolutely terrible..just rushed. But everything up till then was pretty suspenseful if you're into gambling / psychology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paine724 View Post
I really love psychological animes and the whole concept of being able to think about the plot twists and story arcs.
Animes I have watched from this genre that I enjoyed

-Ergo Proxy- I just finished this anime and it was phenomenal. The amount of enlightenment thinking and philosophy presented in this anime was amazing. I honestly disliked the sci fi genre before this but ergo presented a way in which robots could be a side story and not the main theme. I gained a lot of respect for sci-fi through this show.

Monster- Perhaps my favorite anime series of all time. The plot was thought provoking and had be on edge for a long time.

Geass- I enjoyed the psychological aspects of this anime.

Darker than Black- I watched this right after Monster and I didn't like it as much as I should have

Death Note- It's a classic and the first psychological anime I ever watched

So care to recommend me something?

I may have watched more animes but they aren't coming to mind at the moment. These were my top favorites
Old 2010-11-28, 18:55   Link #7
tetorapetora

Paranoia Agent like Guardian Enzo said, Higurashi no naku koro ni ( bloody, paranoid and mystery, although you won't be able to guess what is it that is happening ) Angel's beats ( it doesn't hold a dark atmosphere though, you could give it a try, just 13 episodes ) Kara no kyoukai (although, it doesn't involve so much of pure psycolo, the movies are made in a way that will reward you greatly I assure you)

The ones that will make you think, Paranoia agent and Higurashi, this 2 should be of your interest.

For philosophical warfare watch Evangelion, the series and not the movies.
Old 2010-11-28, 20:10   Link #8
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Recommending Dennou Coil. At first it looks relatively lighthearted, but it still leaves around important information for you to pick up on. Then the true mystery kicks into high gear and simply immerses you in how much twists and cliffhangers it throws at you.

If you love plot twists and story arcs, I recommend you check out the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Umineko no Naku Koro ni sound novel games, since the anime for both do them no justice. Be prepared for a lot of blood though.
Old 2010-11-28, 23:29   Link #9
paine724

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetorapetora View Post
Paranoia Agent like Guardian Enzo said, Higurashi no naku koro ni ( bloody, paranoid and mystery, although you won't be able to guess what is it that is happening ) Angel's beats ( it doesn't hold a dark atmosphere though, you could give it a try, just 13 episodes ) Kara no kyoukai (although, it doesn't involve so much of pure psycolo, the movies are made in a way that will reward you greatly I assure you)

The ones that will make you think, Paranoia agent and Higurashi, this 2 should be of your interest.

For philosophical warfare watch Evangelion, the series and not the movies.
Im watching Higurashi right now A little slower than I'm used to but definitely becoming darker with each passing episode. I watched Angel Beats and I didn't like it at all.

Thanks everyone Seems like i have a sufficient amount of anime to keep me sustained for a while
Old 2010-11-30, 09:49   Link #10
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Kurozuka

Quote:
Kuro, an aristocrat from 12th-century Japan, flees into the mountains after losing a battle against his brother. Deep in the wilderness, he meets a strange, beautiful woman called Kuromitsu. Kuro falls in love with her, but soon discovers her terrifying secret: She is an immortal who feeds on human blood. With his consent, Kuromitsu turns Kuro into a fellow immortal and — together and separately — they live thousands of years as Japan evolves gradually into a futuristic society.
Old 2010-11-30, 12:04   Link #11
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I definitely recommend Kara no Kyoukai.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychological, psychological anime