AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-19, 02:06   Link #61
Undertaker

You want to play nasty, I can play with that...

Dude, Marins don't go there doesn't mean Pirates don't. Is that that hard to understand for you?

Besides, Brook's info are mostly 50 years old...

U.S. has an embargo (basically a close door policy against one country) with Cuba, even with all the coast guards and militaries, there as still tons of illegal Cuban and smuggling and all the cuban cigars goes through...

Not to mention, Marine dont' even go near an even weaker country like Fishmen's island either...

If you can't apply logical thinking then there is nothing to go on with this debate...

If you want to disagree with my theory fine, but show a little respect...

Edit:

Last thing, Close-Door policy work both ways, meaning not only they restrict import and people coming in, they also restrict export and people going out.

You're right we don't know what goes on in there because it's not formally introduced, but consider that Ace did went there, it means that there are way to get into the island, legal or not.

And guess what, Kinemon and Momonosuke are out here out of Wano..

So there are examples of people who disregards the policy..

Like I said the policy only works on government and legal level, stuff that can be shown out in the open. What Doflamingo is operating is certainly not legal and not out in the open...

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-10-19 at 02:34.
Old 2012-10-19, 07:43   Link #62
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post

I don't know how old this pic is but theres a swordsman who wears a kasa.. this might be the guy. Luffy will meet him when they get to Wano Island.
*facepalms*

That has nothing to do with One Piece, it's for the jacket cover of DVD release of Jirochou Sangokushi.
Oda is a fan of the series, and drew that for this picture.

Old 2012-10-19, 10:10   Link #63
ronin myael
lost ronin

^
^
aww, you beat me to it aohige-san! i love that art by the way. i love how oda was able to "cartoonize" each of the characters from that classic samurai film. makes me wish oda would write a samurai series after he's done with op. i remember he expressed desire in writing a samurai series when he and inoue-sensei had that interview together.
Old 2012-10-19, 12:56   Link #64
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
You want to play nasty, I can play with that...

Dude, Marins don't go there doesn't mean Pirates don't. Is that that hard to understand for you?

Besides, Brook's info are mostly 50 years old...

U.S. has an embargo (basically a close door policy against one country) with Cuba, even with all the coast guards and militaries, there as still tons of illegal Cuban and smuggling and all the cuban cigars goes through...

Not to mention, Marine dont' even go near an even weaker country like Fishmen's island either...

If you can't apply logical thinking then there is nothing to go on with this debate...

If you want to disagree with my theory fine, but show a little respect...

Edit:

Last thing, Close-Door policy work both ways, meaning not only they restrict import and people coming in, they also restrict export and people going out.

You're right we don't know what goes on in there because it's not formally introduced, but consider that Ace did went there, it means that there are way to get into the island, legal or not.

And guess what, Kinemon and Momonosuke are out here out of Wano..

So there are examples of people who disregards the policy..

Like I said the policy only works on government and legal level, stuff that can be shown out in the open. What Doflamingo is operating is certainly not legal and not out in the open...
I totally forget about Dressrosa being in Wano, they want to surprise us .
Old 2012-10-19, 13:17   Link #65
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I totally forget about Dressrosa being in Wano, they want to surprise us .
Yes, bbecause that's totally what Undertaker was saying.

Is it impossible for Doflamingo having a base in Wano??
Old 2012-10-19, 13:34   Link #66
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Yes, bbecause that's totally what Undertaker was saying.

Is it impossible for Doflamingo having a base in Wano??
I'm not saying it is but it doesn't make sense at all giving how Wano is. I guess Dressrosa is Wano but they kept it a secret from us. Kinemon isn't going to tell us until he sees Momonosuke .
Old 2012-10-19, 13:42   Link #67
marvelB

Quote:
None of the Marines/Government/Yonkou have territory there, I doubt Doflamingo has territory there. He would have to fight the whole Island to do that and they said closed door policies. When Brook mentioned the Island he wasn't mentioned so yeah.. no territory .

Yeah, I guess you're right. I mean, it's not like Dofla has done shady illegal business on territory that prohibits government personnel before, right? Like say..... acting as a mole for an evil mad scientist who's operating on an island that's supposed to be deserted due to illegal weapon experiments?
Old 2012-10-19, 13:44   Link #68
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I guess you're right. I mean, it's not like Dofla has done shady illegal business on territory that prohibits government personnel before, right? Like say..... acting as a mole for an evil mad scientist who's operating on an island that's supposed to be deserted due to illegal weapon experiments?
And what does that have to do with Wano Island? Makes so much sense Doflamingo being on Wano and Kinemon leaving the Island looking for his son.. makes so much sense .
Old 2012-10-19, 13:56   Link #69
marvelB

^You keep harping on about how Doflamingo wouldn't be able to operate on islands where government officials are banned, yes? And yet he has people creating WMDs and FEEDING KIDS CRACK on an island that government personnel were clearly prohibited from entering. Why should Wano be an exception, while Punk Hazard is not?
Old 2012-10-19, 14:20   Link #70
Kona
Banned

Quote:
^You keep harping on about how Doflamingo wouldn't be able to operate on islands where government officials are banned, yes? And yet he has people creating WMDs and FEEDING KIDS CRACK on an island that government personnel were clearly prohibited from entering. Why should Wano be an exception, while Punk Hazard is not?
Dressrosa is a different Island to Wano. Where does it say Dressrosa is in Wano? Makes absolutely no sense. Cake Island is in Mariejois since Big Mom runs her candy business and government doesn't care right?
Old 2012-10-19, 14:28   Link #71
marvelB

^Except I was referring to Punk Hazard in that post. And I think you also missed my point about PH ALSO being an island that bans anyone affiliated with the government, yet Doflamingo clearly has some type of illegal operation being run there.
Old 2012-10-19, 16:13   Link #72
Undertaker

Quote:
Dressrosa is a different Island to Wano. Where does it say Dressrosa is in Wano? Makes absolutely no sense. Cake Island is in Mariejois since Big Mom runs her candy business and government doesn't care right?
and where did the manga says Dressrosa is a island? All we know is that is't a location, though I do agree it's most likely a location outside of Wano.

On the other hand, that don't mean he can have a operation in Wano. So far we know he has at least 3 operation in 3 locations, what's to say he doesn't have more...

But I'm dones here, because you obviously not listening to logic and it's pointless to discuss a "potential logical theory".
Old 2012-10-19, 16:26   Link #73
Kona
Banned

Quote:
^Except I was referring to Punk Hazard in that post. And I think you also missed my point about PH ALSO being an island that bans anyone affiliated with the government, yet Doflamingo clearly has some type of illegal operation being run there.
Caesar took over the Island and he's Doflamingos subordinate like Vergo and Monet.
Old 2012-10-19, 16:42   Link #74
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
and where did the manga says Dressrosa is a island? All we know is that is't a location, though I do agree it's most likely a location outside of Wano.

On the other hand, that don't mean he can have a operation in Wano. So far we know he has at least 3 operation in 3 locations, what's to say he doesn't have more...

But I'm dones here, because you obviously not listening to logic and it's pointless to discuss a "potential logical theory".
Why is Dressrosa being in Wano logic? Makes no sense at all or a suble hint. That's something you want to believe that will never happen in the manga. Keep dreaming that's all you can do.
Old 2012-10-19, 17:45   Link #75
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Sorry to butt in, just wanted to give my 2cents on this debate (cuz I had fun following it until now). One of you claims that the lack of evidence=impossibility (Kona) while the other says that the possibility still exists (because we were never told that Don Flamingo has or has not a base in Wano). So lack of evidence on either sides=possibility. I'd say Marvel is right, unless there is more to this debate and I don't understand it.
lol exactly! oda hasn't given us anything concrete about wano. we barely know about the place. how many chapters has he actually devoted to wano? just one, and a few panels at that. it's been mentioned only a few times in the manga. that is not enough to draw conclusions. we can only theorize and speculate.
Old 2012-10-19, 19:53   Link #76
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
The point is that we have been shown that his main base is in Dressrosa but we haven't been shown that he doesn't have an operation in Wano.

So what are you trying to argue?
Old 2012-10-19, 20:39   Link #77
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
lol exactly! oda hasn't given us anything concrete about wano. we barely know about the place. how many chapters has he actually devoted to wano? just one, and a few panels at that. it's been mentioned only a few times in the manga. that is not enough to draw conclusions. we can only theorize and speculate.
Ryuma who was the WSS in his time lived there. Katanas are made there. Kinemon hinted that there's Ninja (Bins might be a subtle hint as well). Closed door policies and Ace learned to make a Kasa there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
The point is that we have been shown that his main base is in Dressrosa but we haven't been shown that he doesn't have an operation in Wano.

So what are you trying to argue?
It doesn't make any sense at all. It would of already been mentioned. News spreads around fast in the OP world.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-10-19 at 21:16.
Old 2012-10-19, 21:15   Link #78
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Why is Dressrosa being in Wano logic? Makes no sense at all or a suble hint. That's something you want to believe that will never happen in the manga. Keep dreaming that's all you can do.
Cut this crap.
No one's saying that, and you're stuck on that idea, refusing to actually read the post you're replying to.
Old 2012-10-19, 21:16   Link #79
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
It doesn't make any sense at all. It would of already been mentioned. News spreads around fast in the OP world.
Manga works in strange ways, like the Royal Seven or Shichibukai being fully introduce later in the story. Why not introduce them early when Dracule Mihawk first appeared, in Manga you have to have both a rational mind and an open mind to things. There is the chance of what Undertaker is saying is true or maybe not, but to point out indefinitely is too hasty.
Old 2012-10-19, 21:49   Link #80
golgo13

Quite a debate happening here!

Bringing up another topic, wonder if the strawhats will face-off with Donflamingo or a Yonkou first.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion