Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 14:00   Link #1
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Zettai Shonen

Most sadly, with the big forum data loss, this thread was completely devoured, so I'm opening it a new. The series has been finished, and now everyone who wants(/ed) to watch it hopefully has been able to see it! Most things came to a close, and some things are left to the watcher, but overall I was quite pleased with the ending. Many times you'll just see stupid things like Mai HiME's ending, but this one was quite respectable. I'm curious to hear opinions~
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 15:14   Link #2
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Indeed, I found this ending to be highly satisfying. Although at a first glance it just seems to leave too many untied knots, when one realizes the meaning that the series tries to convey

Spoiler:

it leaves you highly satisfied. In fact, I think this series made it to my Top 5
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 15:26   Link #3
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Series looks interesting, am currently downloading 1-12 batch to check out since I missed it while it was being aired
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 15:45   Link #4
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler:
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:40   Link #5
Griffith

Overall, I enjoyed the series very much, it's probably my favorite of the year. The ending was satisfactory, and
Spoiler:
Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:56   Link #6
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I marathoned episodes 20-26, and I'm glad I did since otherwise the suspense probably would've killed me. Overall, I liked the Tana arc better than the Yokohama arc--I just really liked the Tana cast and the atmosphere in Tana was awesome, and perfect for the story. In Yokohama it just seemed like the supernatural was out of place, and it was harder to get into the characters. Although if they were separate series the Yokohama arc would still stand up well, it's just the Tana arc I thought was really exceptional, so it was going to be nearly impossible to top. The Tana arc's probably the best series I've seen this year.

Thoughts on the ending:
Spoiler:

Thanks to everyone at Triad for subbing this. It's been a lot of fun to watch, and with the little Japanese I know, and as much as Zettai revolves around people's conversations, there's no way in hell I'd have been able to figure out what's going on watching raws.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 12:59   Link #7
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru
I marathoned episodes 20-26, and I'm glad I did since otherwise the suspense probably would've killed me. Overall, I liked the Tana arc better than the Yokohama arc--I just really liked the Tana cast and the atmosphere in Tana was awesome, and perfect for the story. In Yokohama it just seemed like the supernatural was out of place, and it was harder to get into the characters. Although if they were separate series the Yokohama arc would still stand up well, it's just the Tana arc I thought was really exceptional, so it was going to be nearly impossible to top. The Tana arc's probably the best series I've seen this year.
May I deduce from what you said that a) Zettai Shonen up to (and including) episode 12 is something of a story of it's own and separated from 13-to-end, and that b) the complete Tama cast/characters will not appear after episode 13? I would find that rather sad, as to me the Tama arc seemed somewhat unresolved (watched the 1-12 batch from Triad over the past 2 days). Great work by Triad btw! The show itself certainly has a weird kind of attraction to it, but attraction nonetheless.
Old 2005-12-25, 13:22   Link #8
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This series totally surprised me. As a Saturday morning series, I expected it to be kid stuff, but it wasn't. It had great mood, pace and characterization.

Yes, the first half of the series is set in the country, and the second half in the city, with few characters appearing in both. I, too, enjoyed the country half more than the city half, but the city half was still great, with some fascinating characters of its own.

I don't suppose they'll do another series, but they created a real world with the characters in both places, so they could. Life goes on. And the more I see of Miki and Ayumu the better. I loooved the voice of Mitsuhashi Kanako as Miki.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 13:40   Link #9
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
This series totally surprised me. As a Saturday morning series, I expected it to be kid stuff, but it wasn't. It had great mood, pace and characterization.

Yes, the first half of the series is set in the country, and the second half in the city, with few characters appearing in both. I, too, enjoyed the country half more than the city half, but the city half was still great, with some fascinating characters of its own.

I don't suppose they'll do another series, but they created a real world with the characters in both places, so they could. Life goes on. And the more I see of Miki and Ayumu the better. I loooved the voice of Mitsuhashi Kanako as Miki.
So I guess Miki appears in the city arc? Good to hear ^^
And I certainly like Mitsuhashi Kanako's voice, be it in Suzuka or Zettai Shonen. Some voices you just feel attached to !
Old 2006-01-06, 22:40   Link #10
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Fans of Ayumu may be interested to hear the voice actor who played him, Toyonaga Toshiyuki, as the male lead in the new series Kagihime Monogatari - Eikyuu Alice Rondo. It's a totally different anime, involving magical girls whose power is to read the stories in people's hearts. But he appears to be rising, since he is playing opposite Shimizu Ai this time.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-01-06, 22:58   Link #11
jpwong

If anyone would like to format them, I did grab discussion pages 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8 and 9 off google a while back.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 15:17   Link #12
martino
makes no files now

This was a very nice and interesting anime I have to say. What do you think about the mobile phones, did they have any special meaning???
Old 2006-09-08, 16:54   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Good to see ZS pop up on the boards again. One of the best animes of the last year.
Old 2006-09-09, 00:41   Link #14
1982Hero
4/4

Send a message via AIM to 1982Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
Good to see ZS pop up on the boards again. One of the best animes of the last year.
Agreed 100%
1982Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 01:46   Link #15
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
This was a very nice and interesting anime I have to say. What do you think about the mobile phones, did they have any special meaning???
Definitely. Those mobile phones represented the emotional distance that people put between each other.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 05:28   Link #16
martino
makes no files now

That makes sense...

So this thread was erased, how sad. If jpwong has still got those nine pages I'll try to format them, becuase it seems like a pity.
Old 2006-09-10, 14:23   Link #17
ZODDGUTS

Yeah I also consider this series the best series of 2005. It's worth your time checking out. Plus it felt original compare to some of the typical cliche anime we see this days.

Plus this is the only anime series that felt a bit like The-X Files for some reason. lol
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 11:51   Link #18
martino
makes no files now

Not to me, because I used to have nightmares after watching X-Files...but this was just really nice and sweet.
Old 2006-09-11, 12:15   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm not going to say this was the best show of 2005 (that would be Honey & Clover, for me), but it was definitely excellent. Knowing it was an early-Saturday-morning broadcast, at first I thought it would be kid stuff and ignored it. Fortunately, I read something good about it and started watching. The mood and feeling were just great, and there was some wonderful voice-acting (Mitsuhashi Kanako as Miki, Kobayashi Akiko as Kisa, Shimizu Ai as Shione, etc.). The relationships were handled well, too.
Old 2006-09-11, 17:25   Link #20
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No props for Toyonaga Toshiyuki, Kaoru? I thought he gave one of the best performances of the year.

Tags
drama