yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
C'est la vie, mon ami.
I try so hard to be loved.

Quote:
And Dirty Dancing... I watched that movie so mu...I mean, my sister watched that movie a lot and coincidently i was in the same room as her and saw it too
Tell me about it.....my cousins were constantly watching that movie

Quote:
Getting back to Kalulu, i totally imagine Lelouch singing in his mind "time of my life" when Kallen kiss him.
No one puts Kallen in the corner!

Turn 22 doesn't seem so sad with "do you love me" playing in the background.
Old 2009-06-19, 02:01   Link #20242
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
yvj never appreciated, always forgotten
Now you know how Shirley feels

Well, somebody's in a frisky mood anyway. Never saw Dirty Dancing myself (should I consider myself lucky? XD)

Quote:
No one puts Kallen in the corner!
Tell me about it. You try to put Kallen in a corner and she'll claw your face off
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 02:11   Link #20243
yvj
U Mad?

Commission:

If someone can Kalulu-ize this poster. Or make something similar. You shall be canonized as a kalulu saint.

Spoiler for Make it so:
Old 2009-06-19, 02:17   Link #20244
Nobodyman9
Banned

LOL, so is Dirty Dancing the official movie of Kalulu now?

Sorry, I don't know bupkus about photoshop
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 02:21   Link #20245
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
LOL, so is Dirty Dancing the official movie of Kalulu now?

Sorry, I don't know bupkus about photoshop
Well now it is for the week.

Kalulu: Dancing to the beat of their hearts.
Old 2009-06-19, 04:29   Link #20246
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
You're forgetting the LULUCOPTER. Sayoko can easily match Spinzaku's spinningness!

All inanity aside, the only ones that are actually shown to know (through onscreen events and dialogue) are Suzaku and Lelouch. Orange-kun is arguable but it's still possible that he wasn't actually told that the new Zero is Suzaku.

Even so, Kallen/Suzaku doesn't fit. This isn't a ren'ai, it's a show about politics, big robot fights and Pizza Hut; there's not any specific requirement to clean up romantic loose ends. ^^;
she knows its suzaku
thats part of what she figures out (suzaku was the one who told her that he and lelouch have something they have to do)
and when she figured it out BEFORE he killed lelouch, she figured it ALL out (including what comes next
she is quick to shut toudo up about who it really is
and she has a picture of him on her wall in the end

next you'd be saying that nunnaly doesnt know either
Old 2009-06-19, 11:25   Link #20247
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Nunnally didn't know until afterwards. If you think about it, there's a damn good reason why Nunnally should not know until after Lelouch dies. She was on international television and just watched her brother die. If her grief wouldn't have appeared genuine, a lot of bad things could have happened as a result.

She's a smart girl, and probably figured it out shortly after Lulu got turned into a shishkabob. But I doubt she knew beforehand. Most likely only Suzaku, Lelouch and Orange-kun actually knew beforehand. The animation itself only explicitly shows that Suzaku and Lelouch know. There are no scenes of Lelouch discussing "Zero Requiem" with anyone other than Suzaku.

That's one hell of an explosive secret, and if it were to leak (oh lord, if Diethard were to find out), the whole plan would fail utterly and completely. Lelouch isn't stupid; he'd only tell the people who absolutely need to know.

It's possible that Kallen figured it out on her own, but we didn't see that, so we don't know. We can only infer.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 11:33   Link #20248
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
She's a smart girl, and probably figured it out shortly after Lulu got turned into a shishkabob. But I doubt she knew beforehand. Most likely only Suzaku, Lelouch and Orange-kun actually knew beforehand. The animation itself only explicitly shows that Suzaku and Lelouch know. There are no scenes of Lelouch discussing "Zero Requiem" with anyone other than Suzaku.

That's one hell of an explosive secret, and if it were to leak (oh lord, if Diethard were to find out), the whole plan would fail utterly and completely. Lelouch isn't stupid; he'd only tell the people who absolutely need to know.

It's possible that Kallen figured it out on her own, but we didn't see that, so we don't know. We can only infer.
*sigh* Watch the final scene again. The second Zero appears, Kallen instantly figures out what they're aiming at and is screaming at Zero to stop (muted, but still). Yes, she knows it's him. Her dialog makes that clear. You're focusing too much on one piece of dialog and ignoring the rest. It doesn't matter who Lelouch told, it only matters who got it, and Kallen is explictly shown to understand exactly what's going on, both in the show and through side materials.

Diethard's dead, by the way, so that suggestion is moot.
Old 2009-06-19, 11:37   Link #20249
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Well, I remember reading an article that confirmed from staff that Kallen and Nunnally both know about the plan, and their coversation during the last PD makes it abundantly clear that they know. At any rate, why would have Kallen assumed it was Lulu-copter. The only time that happened was during the 'hat-swap' day at Ashford when Kallen was in prison, so there's no reason she would know about that. Besides, Tohdoh (who would know Suzaku's moves since he taught him), is on the verge of saying who it is when Kallen interups him, so it's obvious she knows.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2009-06-19, 11:53   Link #20250
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

does Kallen know who the new Zero is?
Old 2009-06-19, 11:58   Link #20251
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Knowing is not the same as being explicitly told or brought into the fold. "Obvious inference" is not the same as "absolute proof." It's safe to say that she likely figured it out as it was happening or after. That doesn't mean she was in on the Zero Requiem from the start.

Besides, even if Kallen does know, there's not a hint of anything other than rivalry between Suzaku and Kallen. While that doesn't obviate a possible romance (maybe Kallen "befriends" Suzaku, lol), there isn't any kind of subtext to show that either of them are interested in each other that way.

The comment about Sayoko was a joke, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
does Kallen know who the new Zero is?
It's very likely that she figured it out, yes. It's highly unlikely that she was in on the plot from the beginning.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 12:03   Link #20252
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:

Besides, even if Kallen does know, there's not a hint of anything other than rivalry between Suzaku and Kallen. While that doesn't obviate a possible romance (maybe Kallen "befriends" Suzaku, lol), there isn't any kind of subtext to show that either of them are interested in each other that way.
Alright, that is true and worldly known. If you are talking about what blade argued for the other day, he was using a lot of "ifs" and was talkling about the future. In the show, yeah, there is no canon evidence of any kind of the specific interest between those two.

Also, i do not get your point about Kallen being/not on the ZR. Ah, she was not a part of the plan. What are you trying to argue for?
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 12:45   Link #20253
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Knowing is not the same as being explicitly told or brought into the fold. "Obvious inference" is not the same as "absolute proof." It's safe to say that she likely figured it out as it was happening or after. That doesn't mean she was in on the Zero Requiem from the start.
No one was ever arguing that. We're only correcting the misconception that she might not know everything, which is simply untrue. The moment Zero appeared, she figured it out. She knows the new Zero is Suzaku and why Lelouch did what he did. This, for all intents and purposes, cannot be denied.
Old 2009-06-19, 13:35   Link #20254
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
No one was ever arguing that. We're only correcting the misconception that she might not know everything, which is simply untrue. The moment Zero appeared, she figured it out. She knows the new Zero is Suzaku and why Lelouch did what he did. This, for all intents and purposes, cannot be denied.
Her ending wouldn't make any sense if she didn't know.
Old 2009-06-19, 14:27   Link #20255
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I can understand if someone wouldn't think Kallen knows Suzaku is Zero by watching the show only. However, when I first saw turn 25, I thought she obviously did. Besides its official that she knows everything about what Lelouch plan was. As well as knowing Suzaku is Zero. Probably one of the reasons why she did most of the epilogue.
Old 2009-06-19, 14:41   Link #20256
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
And now it's time to enter another question, something of "new".

If Kallen had a geass?

My hypothesis:

The only Kallen wish was to protect her dearest people, then her geass work like a radar and give her a optical path if somebody is a menace for her family or beloved people in the range of 100 meters.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 15:35   Link #20257
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
It's very likely that she figured it out, yes. It's highly unlikely that she was in on the plot from the beginning.
its not "highly unlikely"
she WASNT in on the plan from the start
lelouch went out of his way to KEEP her out of it for her own protection

but she DID figure it all out when she saw suzaku dressed as zero
which is why she can forgive lelouch for all he did
why she talks about the END RESULT of the plan in the show's epilouge
why she has a picture of him and suzaku on her wall (its like having a picture of hitler)
Old 2009-06-19, 15:51   Link #20258
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
By the end of the series, Suzaku has succeeded in avenging Euphie by leading his best friend to willingly commit suicide, at the cost of great tragedies like the bombing of Tokyo. Despite world peace and everything, this isn't an achievement by any means. For Suzaku, Euphie and what he has done for her have only become all the more reason to punish himself.
Minor nitpick: it was Lelouch who asked Suzaku to kill him. Euphie had absolutely nothing to do with it at that point, and if it did, Suzaku could have killed Lelouch a lot sooner for the sake of "revenge".

I agree that Kallen would have the highest compatibility with Suzaku, because they clearly had a mutual understanding of each other and what they had been fighting for, even if by opposite paths.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 18:29   Link #20259
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
And now it's time to enter another question, something of "new".

If Kallen had a geass?

My hypothesis:

The only Kallen wish was to protect her dearest people, then her geass work like a radar and give her a optical path if somebody is a menace for her family or beloved people in the range of 100 meters.
This is similar to one I thought up for Kallen which I called "Absolute Devotion." The way it works is that Kallen is able to 'sense' the location of all the people she cares about. It could develop (or become stronger as her feelings for the target grow) into gaining the ability to link her senses to them, making locating them easier, and possibly a limited level of empathy or even telepathy, so she could sense what they were thinking or feeling so she could help them.

I could see an arguement for her having a radar sense that lets her detect when others have harmful thoughts to people, since she does have a protector mentality.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 18:47   Link #20260
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

a geass enhances your natural character traits

for example
lelouch can make people do what he wants with his words, and his geass represents that
rolo has no future of his own (before meeting lelouch) and so he can stop time in others
charles believes that the entire world is made up of lies, so his geass makes people believe what he wants them to
marianne has been show to dig her way into the hearts of EVERYONE around her, and he geass does the same
and so on

kallen is a warrior, and her geass would probably reflect that
kallen already has faster reflexs, instincts and reaction time then anyone else
she can keep up with "live" geass powered suzaku, who bismark couldnt do WITH his geass power
and has repeatedly shown to be able to block attacks at point blank range
so her geass would increase her reaction time three folds
in other words, make her three times faster (giving her bullet time preception)