AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2007-07-10, 20:42   Link #161
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare_Dragon View Post
btw... Anyone else feel Potato's va should have been left alone? (As with Pikachu?)
I do i think it was almost pointless to get a voice actor to do the replacement.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 21:44   Link #162
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi_Kawa
oh snap... government college check is here .....

if ADV is having that much financial troubles then maybe I should buy from their online store... it's less than a week now for their early release =/

I can be happy with my early AIR dvd, and they can be happy getting my college money
Hoshi_Kawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 23:32   Link #163
Flare_Dragon

Hey, air should be shown on Anime Network today... (!2 Am in the eats coast ^_^)

Someone tell me HOW IT IS!!!
I hope ADV didn't attempt to copy the Voices in air... I do hope the Voice Actors portray their own view of how the characters sound, just so the dubbed version is a seperate universe of its own. (Much like how some Drama cds have dif. V.A.s from their anime.)

Anyways, if anyone sees Air on Anime Network, plz give the reveiw for us, or record the voices. If not, Otakon has the showings

Oh does anyone know if there is a limited edition for Air?

Last edited by Flare_Dragon; 2007-07-18 at 23:57.
Flare_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 00:17   Link #164
Robotnik
Not a member

Exclamation Air TV preview on Anime Network website

Looks like there's a dubbed preview here on the Anime Network's web site. It's a scene from one of the middle episodes; don't have time to watch the whole thing right now, but looks and sounds good so far.

Also did a quick check of the broadcast schedules, and in my area Anime Network VOD will have Air TV starting August 1st.

Last edited by Robotnik; 2007-07-19 at 01:13. Reason: added stuff
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 01:20   Link #165
Flare_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
Looks like there's a dubbed preview here on the Anime Network's web site. It's a scene from one of the middle episodes; don't have time to watch the whole thing right now, but looks and sounds good so far.

Also did a quick check of the broadcast schedules, and in my area Anime Network VOD will have Air TV starting August 1st.
O.O
YOU MY FRIEND ARE A GOD!!!!
I <333333333333333333!!!

Not bad as stated
Old 2007-07-19, 06:45   Link #166
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Ahhhhh!

Definitely ordering the early release now @_@
Old 2007-07-19, 09:55   Link #167
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

... What an odd choice of footage for a dub sample. Not only is it slightly spoilerish, but the main cast isn't even in most of it.

Voices sounded okay. Not great, but not bad; i guess it would constitute 'watchable.'
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 17:45   Link #168
Flare_Dragon

*nod*
Now that I notice...
In the dub, it sounds as if Kano, became kana... >.>

Seriously, does anyone know of a limited edition for air?
Old 2007-07-20, 09:37   Link #169
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ Flare Dragon

I watched the clip... and it's definitely Kano. The dub makes me... ambivalent. Misuzu sounds awful, Yukito not too bad. Eh, I was never going to watch it dubbed anyway! As to a LE, ADV haven't said squat about it that I'm aware of, so... I doubt it. Especially with the release of Vol.1 in a few weeks.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-07-20, 10:56   Link #170
CCYoshi

Eh, I think I've been spoiled once again. Even if I wasn't mostly a subtitle elitist, the Haruhi dub was good enough that average dubs like these sound bad to me Misuzu does sound strange, and Yukito feels a bit over-dramatic to me - but as been said, no reason to complain about it if you don't have to watch it.

I don't think there's an LE, and if this quote is anything to go by:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
Oh, and it looks as if an artbox will be coming with Vol. 2 not 1, assuming its coming - which is now the norm for ADV releases.
I have no idea what an artbox is compared to an LE, but it seems any extra content will be saved for the second disc on.
CCYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 14:07   Link #171
FireChick

My friend saw a bit of the trailer on www.theanimenetwork.com and decided not to see the series because it looked sad. Man! She would've loved the characters! I heard the dub voices a little but I didn't watch the trailer. I only managed to hear Hijiri's voice. I actually think it's kinda good. I wanted to hear Misuzu's but my friend closed out before I could hear more. Yeah, I don't watch trailers in english on the computer.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 09:12   Link #172
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ CCYoshi

An artbox refers to the cardboard box that series come with, decorated, and made to store the requisite number of volumes. With most publishers the artbox comes with Volume 1 of the series, ADV have started issuing artboxes with Vol.2 releases - which is a good thing, as it usually costs around $10 more for the artbox edition, so people are more likely to buy Vol.1 without an artbox, and then if they like the series enough, pick up the artbox for Vol.2 and beyond. An LE, however, is usually a separate release of the disk itself, often with extra goodies included, such as (for instance) shirts, cells, shot glasses, CDs, etc. See the recent LE versions of Haruhi for examples.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-07-26, 07:22   Link #173
FireChick

Whee! I saw Air just now on The Anime Network! Woohoo! Yeah, I decided to watch that instead of Pokemon. Hehe.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 12:42   Link #174
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seen episode 1 from Anime Network. It was good. The dubbing is okay though Misuzu's "gao" expressions are a little awkward in the dub. Ah yes, watching it again brings back memories
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 16:59   Link #175
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

UPS is fast x_X'

(curse you blurryness!)

No extras T.T ... a metal pencil board with the front cover of the dvd case would had been nice...

Subtitles were better than what I expected

and omg they better not use the voice actors from this scene when Kanon gets dubbed ... they were horrible...

Overall english dub was acceptable to me

Yukito VA: Seems ok, makes me think that Itsuki from Haruhi anime has a brother lol...
Misuzu VA: Fail... Takes a bit to get used too... they kept "Gao" though.
Haruko VA: I love it... T.T
Kano VA: I don't know... I think she's perfect, the original sounds too high pitched as I compared the VA's =/
Potato: Yay! Piko Piko!! Makes me laugh lol
Minagi VA: um... personally I think her voice acting is too~ deep... worse than Misuzu?
Michiru VA: Acceptable
Hijiri: Acceptable too

Sighs... now how long till the next dvd is released? T.T
Old 2007-07-26, 17:20   Link #176
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Kawa View Post
09/25/2007 according to AoD's release schedule - I believe ADV has the Air dvd releases scheduled to be monthly instead of the usual 6-8 weeks or more. Vol 2 will have a dvd + box edition in addition to just the single disc. I think it's scheduled to be a total of 4 dvds, with the Toei movie as the last disc.
Old 2007-07-27, 13:34   Link #177
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I caught a bit of the dub at Otakon 07. Misuzu's cuteness...ah well it just can't be compared to the Japanese VA. I have a feeling that will never be accomplished in dubs.^^;

Yukito is played by Vic Minonoga (sp!? x_x) an actor probably best known as Edward Elric. Using Luci Christian (Chidori in all the Full Metal Panic-related series) for Misuzu's mom was a good choice though. All and all, I still can't wait for the DVD release of this awesome and beautiful show.
Old 2007-07-27, 15:22   Link #178
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

Quote:
UPS is fast x_X'

(curse you blurryness!)

No extras T.T ... a metal pencil board with the front cover of the dvd case would had been nice...

Subtitles were better than what I expected

and omg they better not use the voice actors from this scene when Kanon gets dubbed ... they were horrible...

Overall english dub was acceptable to me

Yukito VA: Seems ok, makes me think that Itsuki from Haruhi anime has a brother lol...
Misuzu VA: Fail... Takes a bit to get used too... they kept "Gao" though.
Haruko VA: I love it... T.T
Kano VA: I don't know... I think she's perfect, the original sounds too high pitched as I compared the VA's =/
Potato: Yay! Piko Piko!! Makes me laugh lol
Minagi VA: um... personally I think her voice acting is too~ deep... worse than Misuzu?
Michiru VA: Acceptable
Hijiri: Acceptable too

curious, so how did the kanon characters sound in english in it?
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 18:22   Link #179
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibelungTaisa View Post
curious, so how did the kanon characters sound in english in it?
hmm.. don't think i'm breaking any rules =/

26 sec. voice sample from this scene... blah, blah, blah, copyright stuff... I'm not owner/creator of this anime, nor do i claim it to be mine. All materials belong to their rightful owners. More blah, blah, blah, this this voice sample is just being use to give us, hopefully not an idea of what the dub for kanon girls will sound line <.<'

http://www.freewebtown.com/hoshi_kaw...ice_Sample.mp3

Yukito: "Do you ladies think you can answer a question for me?"
Girl that looks like Nayuki: "Ok"
Yukito"I'm here to deliver Kano Kirishima lunch, but I don't know where to find her, any idea where she might be?
Girl that looks like Ayu Tsukimiya: "Kano huh? I think she might still be in the nurse's office"
Yukito: "Ah nurse's office?"
Girl that almost looks like Makoto Sawatari: "No no, she said she wanted to get some air, so she was going up to the roof"
Can't tell who said it: "She was mumbling something earlier and then she sort of callapsed, I think she maybe got alittle light-headed ya know."
Old 2007-07-27, 18:37   Link #180
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
26 sec. voice sample from this scene... blah, blah, blah, copyright stuff... I'm not owner/creator of this anime, nor do i claim it to be mine. All materials belong to their rightful owners. More blah, blah, blah, this this voice sample is just being use to give us, hopefully not an idea of what the dub for kanon girls will sound line <.<'
Sounded fine to me; very natural if not overly restrained, not forced-cutesy or over the top in any way. There's not really much to that scene (nothing funny or dramatic or emotional), so I wouldn't try to infer how an entire other show would be dubbed based on it. And some people will just always prefer the original VAs, which is fine; that's what multi-audio DVDs are for.