Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 12:27   Link #861
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeshma View Post
But I thought Sena was way more popular than Yozora.

This development feels really weird, especially with the botched engagement and all.
Actually, according to KLNgSSena always gets good top ranking while the only time I recall Yozora making it to the top 10 was when theanime was still airing but then went back to her former ranking.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 12:44   Link #862
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Over here there is a (lewd) popular saying "A la prima se la arrima" --> "You get close(intimate) with your cousin" which seems to be the case here in Kodaka --> Sena --> Kobato
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 17:20   Link #863
mironicus

Well... now there is no reason for Sena to marry Kodaka any more. She is already related to Kobato (if it is true).
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 17:28   Link #864
Candyshark

Well latest volume go into sell 25th so we will be updated on the issue soonish, can't read moonrunes but there are few delicious pics of Rika around already.

http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/book_detail/864

Last edited by Candyshark; 2012-06-21 at 17:49.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 19:02   Link #865
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Latest volume reveals that
Spoiler for family matters:
Not sure if those spoilers are accurate, but if the author pulls another Star Wars / Gundam Seed, I am going to RAAAAAAGEEEEE
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 19:44   Link #866
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Not sure if those spoilers are accurate, but if the author pulls another Star Wars / Gundam Seed, I am going to RAAAAAAGEEEEE
Do you mean Yozora is gonna pull a NOOOOOOOOO!!!!
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 20:48   Link #867
potchip

That, in Japan and given the target audience is a big plus for Kodaka x Sena actually. Pushes Yozora closer to the edge.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 21:06   Link #868
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Either way, I generally dislike having pairings being supported by acceptable familial ties between the two characters, or by an unacceptable family relationships between the rival pairing, without additional evidence of a close bond by the said characters. If there had been such a bond between the two characters, then there would be no need for a familial tie in the first place.

The two examples I mentioned, Star Wars and Gundam Seed, both involved rival pairings being struck off due to a sibling relationship. I found both resolutions unsatisfying even though I support the final pairing for one of them.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 21:10   Link #869
kfcpanda

Wait wait wait....

why would Yozora pull a "Noooooo"/get upset if it turns out Kodaka/Sena are related, shouldn't she be like overjoyed or something?

Or is that sort of cousin relationship a green light or something?
kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 21:29   Link #870
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
why would Yozora pull a "Noooooo"/get upset if it turns out Kodaka/Sena are related, shouldn't she be like overjoyed or something?

Or is that sort of cousin relationship a green light or something?
While I don't think that Yozora would pull out that exact kind of reaction; that kinship as cousins makes Sena closer to Kodaka than Yozora has ever been.

If anything, I don't think that the dynamics between Sena/Kobato/Kodaka are going to change with the announcement (unless Kodaka himself finds approaching his cousin romantically disgusting).... but I can see the rest of the club reacting to that "closer to Kodaka than they have ever been" deal.
Old 2012-06-21, 21:37   Link #871
potchip

Exactly. Yozora gets kicks out of exclusiveness of her connection with Kodaka (and it doesn't have to be romantic but must be exclusive). When that gets threatened, it forces her to make decisions despite her personality.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 22:24   Link #872
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Exactly. Yozora gets kicks out of exclusiveness of her connection with Kodaka (and it doesn't have to be romantic but must be exclusive). When that gets threatened, it forces her to make decisions despite her personality.
Well,Yozora has a weak based mindset so a reveal like that is enough to blow her confidence away.
Old 2012-06-21, 22:36   Link #873
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Well latest volume go into sell 25th so we will be updated on the issue soonish
Actually, it was released earlier than originally planned, which is why you're already seeing images and reports on it. It was released on the 21st in Akihabara, and the ship date on Amazon was the 22nd (so it's shipping now).

Incidentally, early reports call the book a "turning point for the series", but the marketing speak about it maybe being the end appears to have been just that: marketing.
Old 2012-06-21, 23:01   Link #874
Miraluka
Banned

Sample:
http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/files/...WF_Window.html

Yeah, when some blogs says "the end" probably the publisher means "the begining of the end" which can imply about 4 or 5 volumes more .

I fear an open ending that leavings things in the air as usual...
Old 2012-06-22, 04:30   Link #875
kfcpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
While I don't think that Yozora would pull out that exact kind of reaction; that kinship as cousins makes Sena closer to Kodaka than Yozora has ever been.

If anything, I don't think that the dynamics between Sena/Kobato/Kodaka are going to change with the announcement (unless Kodaka himself finds approaching his cousin romantically disgusting).... but I can see the rest of the club reacting to that "closer to Kodaka than they have ever been" deal.
wait...but I thought it would be a big deal since Sena obviously likes Kodaka (and I like the two of them together as well) and that would probably ruin the path...

kfcpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 06:36   Link #876
mironicus

For Sena/Kobato that would mean that Kobato can't reject her any more in the same way because they are relatives. So Kobato calling her "Onee-chan" might be possible.

And she also can be relaxed because even if she doesn't marry Kodaka their relationship will remain close. This is a very big advantage against the other girls.

And another thought about Yozora. There is no reason for her to grin because the whole time she bullied a family member of Kodaka! She never was evil to Kobato because she wasn't an obstacle for her in the way to get Kodaka.

Kodaka protects his family from any harm, so it's likely that he now will also protect Sena. Well for Yozora... I hope he doesn't knock her senseless as he might get very angry after realizing.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-22 at 06:51.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:04   Link #877
Candyshark

Family ties between Sena and Kodaka seems like a complete troll for me Kodaka lived all this years without knowing that his mother had such close relative (since it is Japan I leave 1% probability it is true)?!

Father: Your mother was a real beauty like her sister.
Kodaka: Woot!? My mother had a sister??!!
Father: I kind of forgot. She is dead anyway.
Kodaka: WOOT!!

Sena: Father, don't you think me and Kobato look alike?
Pegasus: Well no wonder your mother were sisters.
Sena: Woot!! Why didn't you tell me?
Pegasus: I kind of forgot. When your... mother died I...I..
Sena: KOBATO-CHWAN!! now nothing will separates us!
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 09:32   Link #878
mironicus

@Candyshark

Sena's mother is not dead. She works overseas.

*Pure speculation*
Maybe they were twin sisters? Kodaka was very young (three?) at the time his mother died and to protect him from the shock seeing his aunt who looks like his deceased mother they never told him. And also his father might suffer if he sees his sister-in-law so he decided not to see each other for some time and so he moved away with his children.

Kodaka and Sena were little children and never saw each other again after she died. At that time they also arranged the engagement before parting.

Story-wise I could imagine it is revealed because Sena's mother is now finally coming home and after Kodaka's sees her he stutters: "Mo... Mother?"

Pegasus refers to Kodoka's father as his best friend and they did not see each others for years (only telephone calls). So there must be a good reason why he don't visits him. And Pegasus really wants the families to reunite.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-22 at 10:18.
Old 2012-06-22, 12:51   Link #879
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
wait...but I thought it would be a big deal since Sena obviously likes Kodaka (and I like the two of them together as well) and that would probably ruin the path...
Not in the least. You are assuming that cousins going out is a sin or something and that everybody is going to be against them.

First of all, with Sena's confidence and lack of common sense, I doubt that she'll stop liking Kodaka because someone tells her to. Also I doubt that she'll stop looking at him as a man once they tell her that they are related, specially after all the flags that she has gone through. In fact I even imagine still pursing him if they told her that they are siblings (or maybe she'll totally switch to Kobato since she would be her actual older sister then? )

When it comes about the family, pretty they are already shipping them together with their marriage arrangement, so the folks don't think it's wrong at all (unless the mother herself has something to say about it, but I bet Kodaka can win her over by being silly).

The only one that's left is Kodaka, who I doubt is going to change his view on Sena thanks to the reveal, but again the whole thing about the series is that we don't know what Kodaka really thinks about the girls of the cast (as in, besides some comment about their looks, we don't know about "his favorite" (if there is)).
Old 2012-06-22, 14:30   Link #880
l.kostas

I found the post below at:
http://www.japanprobe.com/2010/06/08...first-cousins/

Japan’s Prime Minister and First Lady Are First Cousins
The last few prime ministers of Japan originated from political dynasties that were the products of various marriages between political and business elites. While cases like Taro Aso presented a fascinating mix of blue blood, it would be a bit of an exaggeration to say that inbreeding had been taking place.

What about the new Prime Minister, Naoto Kan? Blogger Michael Cucek has pointed out something rather interesting about Kan’s marriage:

What everyone has either been ignoring, willfully or not, is that the PM and his wife are related.

Closely related.

First cousins, in fact. If online family trees are correct, Kan Naoto’s mother and his wife Nobuko’s father are sister and brother.

Whilst first cousin marriage is the most common form of marriage in pre-modern societies and was not at all rare in even urban areas in pre-war Japan, it has become a rarity in this modern, mass education, mobile age. While obviously legal (just barely) it has been driven out by a mass inculcation of the belief that first cousin marriage carries an unacceptable risk of birth defects, should there be children. Indeed, the prime minister and his wife’s parents vehemently opposed the two marrying.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen