AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

View Poll Results: Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 3 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-01, 20:58   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2018-06-01, 21:20   Link #2
Keila

Cliffhangers are the worst, especially when they're cruel
Old 2018-06-01, 21:41   Link #3
jwai

I finally got caught up to this episode today. It was difficult to get through watching the first arc knowing beforehand what was going to happen to Chidori and Mithril. Everything else from that point is new to me though.

Lemon and Kurz have partially similar appearances, and this episode revealed that Lemon is more than he's made out to be. However, if they were to be one and the same, I'm not sure how Sousuke could have missed it all this time.

I suspected that Nami might not survive the entire story, and this episode seemed to raise that possibility.
Old 2018-06-01, 22:07   Link #4
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So somebody actually guessed that Lemon was not a regular dude (don't remember who). Also, that cliffhanger! Can't wait for the next
Old 2018-06-02, 00:03   Link #5
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Lemon and Kurz have partially similar appearances, and this episode revealed that Lemon is more than he's made out to be. However, if they were to be one and the same, I'm not sure how Sousuke could have missed it all this time.
Lol, no. Lemon is Lemon, and Kurz is Kurz, they're 2 very distinct individuals. The fact that both have blonde and (somewhat) long hair is simply a coincidence. If you look carefully, you'll notice Lemon has green eyes, while Kurz's are blue. And ofc, you can say "contact lenses", but whenever Sousuke is shown standing near Lemon (ep. 6 scenes at the market, for example), they are the same height. Kurz's at least one head taller than Sousuke.
Old 2018-06-02, 01:22   Link #6
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Lol, no. Lemon is Lemon, and Kurz is Kurz, they're 2 very distinct individuals. The fact that both have blonde and (somewhat) long hair is simply a coincidence. If you look carefully, you'll notice Lemon has green eyes, while Kurz's are blue. And ofc, you can say "contact lenses", but whenever Sousuke is shown standing near Lemon (ep. 6 scenes at the market, for example), they are the same height. Kurz's at least one head taller than Sousuke.
Also Kurtz has returned to TDD in Episode 4 so it's impossible for him to wander around. And seriously both of them have different voices. I guess only troll logic can say they're the same person.

Anyway back to the episode.
The AS battle in this episode looks good, although I'll expect something more. Sousuke is clearly at a disadvantage, but Crossbow doesn't look too battered as it should be. That said I'll expect the next episode for what it'll happen, it better be glorious.
But they gotta solve the problem of the Heat Hammer. Many has already complained that it looked too small, Shiji Douji included.
Old 2018-06-02, 06:09   Link #7
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
But they gotta solve the problem of the Heat Hammer. Many has already complained that it looked too small, Shiji Douji included.
I think the confusion stems from the fact that the large mace is called HEAT Hammer in Super Robot Wars.
I'll be a bit disappointed if the mace doesn't make any appearance at all considering it was shown being used in the OP.
Anyway, despite being small, HEAT Hammers are great melee weapons. Small and lightweight but packs a punch thanks to the Anti-tank mechanism present in the head.
Old 2018-06-02, 11:03   Link #8
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
I think the confusion stems from the fact that the large mace is called HEAT Hammer in Super Robot Wars.
I'll be a bit disappointed if the mace doesn't make any appearance at all considering it was shown being used in the OP.
Anyway, despite being small, HEAT Hammers are great melee weapons. Small and lightweight but packs a punch thanks to the Anti-tank mechanism present in the head.
That should went back to the LN for the setting, though I seriously forgot how they described the Heat Hammers lol.
Old 2018-06-02, 14:59   Link #9
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
That should went back to the LN for the setting, though I seriously forgot how they described the Heat Hammers lol.
"HEAT Hammer. As the name denotes it has an explosive press, that is used against a strong tank. It's a hammer-type of melee weapon, disposable, as it is only useable once. It explodes when hitting the enemy, and that energy goes through the armor, destroying the interior."

So they basically told about its function, but not about size. I have to admit, I too was surprised at how small they were shown in the anime. I know it's explosives and all, but can something that small do much damage vs an AS, considering they have state-of-the-art armor?
Old 2018-06-02, 18:34   Link #10
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Definitely much better in all departments compared to other Namsac episodes.
The Savage / M9 confrontation was nicely rythmed, and the sound director finally make wise use of BGM. I liked that BGM for the second half quite a lot.
Only issue was how Sousuke could trap the M9 so easily, as you would expect George to notice something weird with Sousuke using his precious ammo in that building, but that was in the LN too, so it is more like some weird decision by Gatoh (aside of them not making George rush with the M9 and make him walk slowly instead).

My only complain would be the fact Sousuke wasn't carefully counting his remaining ammo when he is destroying the temple pillars considering they put emphasis on his remaining magazine before, but that would be plain nitpicking at this point.

So yeah, pretty satisfied with this episode overall.
Old 2018-06-02, 18:50   Link #11
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
I know it's explosives and all, but can something that small do much damage vs an AS, considering they have state-of-the-art armor?
HEAT is less effective against composite armor and I'm not sure if it's the type of armor M9s use.
In episode 0 of The Second Raid, Sousuke tazed an insurgent with an RPG implying M9 pilots still need to be wary of these kind weapons.
Old 2018-06-02, 18:56   Link #12
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ugh, this cliffhanger. too soon to kill off Nami though. would be interesting if she was a whispered though. sousuke may try to not repeat his mistakes with Chidori through her.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2018-06-04, 08:33   Link #13
ScrewySquirrel

I haven't read the LNs, but its pretty obvious that Nami is a whispered.
Old 2018-06-05, 13:35   Link #14
ArrowSmith

Sayonara Nami.
Old 2018-06-06, 00:22   Link #15
Applehell

Like how the combat between the Savage and M9 played out. It really showed how much disadvantaged Sousuke was despite being the better pilot just on shear hardware. I'm assuming George was fairly decent pilot so had it been anyone beter than him Sousuke would been S.O.L at this point.

Last edited by Applehell; 2018-06-06 at 00:33.
Old 2018-10-10, 20:54   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Giant Killing

What makes Kurama far more dangerous to Sousuke even than Gauln and Gates previously is that the former focuses on a strict, business mentality to get the objectives done with. This trait gives Kurama coldness to predict and deduce his foes moves with raw accuracy.

Kurama means business and no monkey play, and Sousuke from unpleasant experience back in Japan knows it.

But, the current arc still has a wild card to play now that Lemon is revealing his true colors and, hopefully, he can get Sousuke out of the bind as well as Nami.

And, yes, I'm awared of the fact that Sousuke noticed she has similar abilities to those of Chidori and Tessa; a Whispered and right under Kurama's nose without him noticing.
Closed Thread