AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-03, 07:24   Link #81
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Penpen also discovered Lillith and told Kihl Lorenz about the existence of the Black Moon/Geofront in 1953. Penpen also translated the secret Dead Sea Scrolls, caused Adam to awaken and cause Second Impact, taught Gendo about cloning...

/sarcasm
Old 2006-08-03, 23:12   Link #82
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

He's actually a laboritory experimjent gone wrong! They were originally attempting to increase his intelligence but he grew too smart and it was decided to put him down. Penpen however was wise to their plot and escaped the faculty by tricking Misato into beleiving he was a cute and adorable penguin. She spirited him away to her home where he has kept a low profile while waiting for the heat to die down...

Now, which of that is fact and how much is fiction? ^^:
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 00:19   Link #83
gencbiba

Heh. I've just been watching the Japanese opening. The song is pretty nostalgic. Ah, to go back to last summer (when I first watched Evangelion). lol. I used to think EVA was really crazy, but now I think it's one of the best titles ever. I mean, what other anime can make you think about suicide? Only EVA! lmao

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 07:41   Link #84
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Heh. I've just been watching the Japanese opening. The song is pretty nostalgic. Ah, to go back to last summer (when I first watched Evangelion). lol. I used to think EVA was really crazy, but now I think it's one of the best titles ever. I mean, what other anime can make you think about suicide? Only EVA! lmao
Eva really does get better in hindsight. When you watch it, It probably won't make sense at first, and may even be painful to watch. The more you think about it after youve seen it, the more it makes sense and appeals to you, I guess..................

and you can't have Kaname!!!! She's mine!!!! haha
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 13:17   Link #85
gencbiba

Alright... you can have her on Mondays. Other days can be negotiated but weekends are definitely mine!

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 13:30   Link #86
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
(...)and may even be painful to watch. (...)
The only thing that is painful to watch in NGE is Shinji's whining throughout all of the 26 episodes.
Old 2007-07-23, 02:14   Link #87
Echoes

End of Evangelion was quite "painful", if that's the right word. It was emotionally devastating, anyway. Been so long since I watched Eva now. It was the first anime series I ever saw, and it's stuck with me ever since. I'll definitely be rewatching it before those splendid new movies hit the market.

And yes, Shinji is probably one of anime-history's biggest whiners. He gets to live with a gorgeous woman, work with several others, and save humanity, yes all he does is complain, sheesh! (Exaggerating of course, I know he's under a lot of pressure, but still ~~)
Old 2007-07-23, 20:43   Link #88
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
He gets to live with a gorgeous woman
Actually, he lives with two ....Wouldn't you agree
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 21:11   Link #89
Echoes

You see! *That's* how long it's been since I've watched it! I really need to start rewatching it right away, forgetting important elements like that, what a travesty, unheard of, how could I.. *mumbles incoherently*
Old 2007-07-25, 05:44   Link #90
kangsi
division master

Anyone knows what the difference between Evangelion, Re-Take 1-2-3-0-4-After, Evangelion.Renewal and other relevant series?
kangsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 09:05   Link #91
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Re-Take is "just" a doujin (but arguably the best one there is) with an alternative storyline and an A/S pairing. My advice would be to give it a try. Renewal is a remake of the series. How it will differ from the original is mostly unknown up to now. The question if it's worth watching after having seen the series has every potential to trigger a holy flamewar. Does that answer your questions?
Old 2007-09-02, 22:47   Link #92
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
Eva was good but whoever did the ending (including the movies) was either taking crack at the time or had multiple personality disorder...still is a good watch though.
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 12:18   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidLucifer View Post
Eva was good but whoever did the ending (including the movies) was either taking crack at the time or had multiple personality disorder...still is a good watch though.
You really need to do some research...
Old 2007-09-08, 12:28   Link #94
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You really need to do some research...
LOL QFT.

10char

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 07:46   Link #95
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

maybe so...
Old 2007-09-17, 05:51   Link #96
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Neon Gender Evangelion

Btw, just wondering. How many of you here have seen the Neon Gender Evangelion video clip? I haven't been this confused with my reactions since Bridget was introduced in Guilty Gear XX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHrZoGT3yQQ

Copypasta from 4chan:
Quote:
The secret of Evangelion is that they took super robot pilots and reversed their genders.

If Rei was male, he’d be the awesomely silent/cool/calm guy. When he rushes that angel with an N2 mine under his arm sacrificing his life … that is the scene where MANLY TEARS flow for A MAN’S WAY OF LIFE AND DEATH.

Asuka, if a man, would be an awesomely HOT BLOODED pilot. And pervy with his advances on Shinji, but a little tsundere.

And Shinji, as a weak little girl, as a girl, puts it into context. You’d be fapping furiously to Shinjiko every night because of her shy demeanor. And with girl Kaworu, Shinji x Kaworu would be amazingly hot.

Spoiler for Shinjiko:

Now, imagine her getting it on with a female Kaworu... (0_O)

sources: Anime Blog ga Arimasu, MyAnimeList

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>

Last edited by G. Zeus; 2007-09-17 at 06:03.
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 06:24   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

In other words, male Rei would be GAR.

Yeah i watched this the other day, and i'm still impressed with it.
Old 2007-09-19, 02:36   Link #98
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Re-Take is "just" a doujin (but arguably the best one there is) with an alternative storyline and an A/S pairing. My advice would be to give it a try. Renewal is a remake of the series. How it will differ from the original is mostly unknown up to now. The question if it's worth watching after having seen the series has every potential to trigger a holy flamewar. Does that answer your questions?
aha that explains a lot, i saw a torrent of the retake OST together with a trailer consisting out of images which were pretty awsome but i was like o.o; wtf since it wasnt anything you see in the eva manga nor in the series

im right now picking up the manga, i read some parts of it online but i really want it in my possesion as well :3 there are many more things in it than int he anime and i finally understood why people really pair Shinji with Kaoru specially in the volume where Rei 2 dies :3

i cant wait for renewal EVA is my fav series and the first one i saw, well actually i saw End of Evangelion first and i was like o.o wtf is going on when i started watching randome pisodes i was still like o.o; but it got me hooked then i got the dvd's when i was on holiday in England >:3 i just love the whole theory behind and even after 4 years i still learn new things about the theories
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 16:02   Link #99
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

lol...that was funny...
Old 2007-09-19, 16:17   Link #100
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

that was

Tags